As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS2 game incompatibilities?

DustyBottomsDustyBottoms Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
I saw the list of PS1 games that don't work on the newer slim models of PS2 on Wikipedia.. but I swear I saw another list somewhere else that included a couple other games, most notably Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, which I am interested in playing.

Before I spend the $$ on this game, does anyone have a comprehensive list of PS1 games that don't work on different models of the PS2, or someone who can at least verify that the game works on the slim PS2?

828636-1.png
DustyBottoms on

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If you're spending $Texas on a super-rare PS1 game, going to your local Goodwill and spending an extra $10 on a used PS1 is not that big a deal.

Anyways, different models of the PS2 have different incompatibilities. The really long list is for the Japanese version of the very first PSTwo slimline. Other lists are for other serial numbers, although the latest slimlines don't have any incompatabilites, IIRC.

Daedalus on