As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ever get paid to do nothing?

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    my god, what else would I do with my time

develop you latent psychic abilities?

She also knit you this sweater.

very nice

you get a golden star

I am pleased to say that we are coming up on my 10 year anniversary of reading Penny-Arcade.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Captain SmiggyCaptain Smiggy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I keep thikning there are flies on my screen when you post. fuck. Stupid dirty mac labs

Captain Smiggy on
    A steak? YOU BOTHER ME ABOUT A STEAK?!
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    my god, what else would I do with my time

develop you latent psychic abilities?

She also knit you this sweater.

very nice

you get a golden star

I am pleased to say that we are coming up on my 10 year anniversary of reading Penny-Arcade.

back when they still did artwork for gamespy

artwork which they continue to use to this day

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I keep thikning there are flies on my screen when you post. fuck. Stupid dirty mac labs

i love that sig

just thought i'd throw that out there

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    to be fair, the rest of us agree with them.

Fuck your anti-Texas sentiments; we make great beef jerky and brisquet.

And I defy you to tell me that Texas doesn't have hot women. Eva Longoria is just the tip of the iceberg.
    man, everywhere has hot women. there's probably an attractive woman on motherfucking antarctica right now, you can't just bandy about 'we have hot women' like you've got majority stake.

also your brisket would be better if rudy's was closer to where I live so i could eat there a lot.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

i love that sig

just thought i'd throw that out there

I get about a PM a week from people telling me they love/are scared of my sig

no joke

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    man, everywhere has hot women. there's probably an attractive woman on motherfucking antarctica right now, you can't just bandy about 'we have hot women' like you've got majority stake.

also your brisket would be better if rudy's was closer to where I live so i could eat there a lot.

Why don't you whine about it, Nancy?
    Dr.Cox.jpg

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Someone used that sig on the flight sim forum I used to admin and I got about three complaints a week about it.

Which was about ten fewer complaints than I got about the guy who had the sig that told you your IP address and your ISP.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm actually a stay at home Dad right now. With the job market down here being so terrible, my fiance has a better job then I had and it would have cost us more money for me to keep working and put the kid in daycare. Since we didn't want to put him in day care anyway and we end up making about $200 a month without me working, I have become the progressive stay at home Dad.

I work on the weekends as an HP Rep, I make a few bucks answering questions for Cha Cha and I'm going to be taking online classes in January so I'm not a complete bum.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wish I could be a stay at home dad

Minus the child

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Why don't you whine about it, Nancy?
    Dr.Cox.jpg
    because I don't whine, I burn things. i'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, Mr. No Arguments to the Table.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My brother is on unemployment. The local Albertsons changed to a Publix and every gutter-trash worker except my upstanding-and-polite brother got a callback. He was really pissed. He is taking advantage and waiting to reapply at this Publix since he can get caught up with school while unemployment checks come in. It's not a lot of money, but it's enough for him to get by and get his school on.

On the bright side for both of us, Publix is fucking awesome and their subs are a thousand times tastier than those soggy meatsacks Albertsons sold.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    because I don't whine, I burn things. i'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, Mr. No Arguments to the Table.

Oh HO! Look at the little girly man whose state was never it's own independent nation! Tell you what, Vivian, when your state can boast the likes of Alan Tudyk, Forest Whitaker and Bill Hicks, let me know.

Don't hate the state, hate the game.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Cantido wrote: »
    My brother is on unemployment. The local Albertsons changed to a Publix and every gutter-trash worker except my upstanding-and-polite brother got a callback. He was really pissed. He is taking advantage and waiting to reapply at this Publix since he can get caught up with school while unemployment checks come in. It's not a lot of money, but it's enough for him to get by and get his school on.

On the bright side for both of us, Publix is fucking awesome and their subs are a thousand times tastier than those soggy meatsacks Albertsons sold.

Publix makes awesome subs. Just make sure you stick with the Boar's Head meat.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I LOVE taking people for their money at Texas Hold'em online.

I've had Full Tilt mail me a check for 100 bucks and am on my way to getting another one soon.

I just don't have the time to play.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Oh HO! Look at the little girly man whose state was never it's own independent nation! Tell you what, Vivian, when your state can boast the likes of Alan Tudyk, Forest Whitaker and Bill Hicks, let me know.

Don't hate the state, hate the game.
    Man, what, Hawaii is my homeland, all talking about independent nations here, we had fucking Kings. Clean water in the good ocean, too.

Also, neither Alan Tudyk nor Forest Whitaker live in Texas anymore, but then Tudyk grew up in Plano so who can blame him. Maybe this state would be better if it wasn't all fence.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, neither Alan Tudyk nor Forest Whitaker live in Texas anymore, but then Tudyk grew up in Plano so who can blame him. Maybe this state would be better if it wasn't all fence.

Wait, you're in Texas now, but I forget. Are you in the DFW area?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Texas was once Mexico.

That's all I really have to say about that.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Texas was once Mexico.

That's all I really have to say about that.

Siesta, muhfucka!

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    lostwords wrote: »
    i like my job

That's a good lad.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Wait, you're in Texas now, but I forget. Are you in the DFW area?
    nah, I'm down in San Marcos. i'll be moving to north Austin in a couple weeks, though, and there's a Chuy's across the street, a liquor store on the corner, and a hospital a block away.

I'ma get my emergency room on.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    there's a Chuy's across the street
    Comida Deluxe.

WORD.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am a Scientist and I am paid to create Science

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did they fix the Hadron Collider yet?

I'd like to know the reason behind my own existence before I die thanks.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I am a Scientist and I am paid to create Science

Blowjobs are important research.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Meiz wrote: »
    Did they fix the Hadron Collider yet?

I'd like to know the reason behind my own existence before I die thanks.

Yeah, the fix for what broke was rolled into the winter maintenance period.

You can't do SCIENCE in the winter, man.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Unless it's like winter science.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hypothesis: All Snowflakes Look The Same

PROVEN

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    my job used to have a lot of downtime and I ended up with 56 hours of Internet usage one month and was put on probation for it. apparently we are not even supposed to use the Internet on our lunches for personal reasons. even after I had another full job added to my position (seriously) I found time for 30 hours of net usage and was again put on probation ( I should emphasize here that I've never been behind or missed a deadline). now I have even more work, important work, and I'm happier. the point is, you office people with that kind of freedom, be grateful - I can't even open my clock or right click ANYTHING.

mully on
  • Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Working at a government facility. Reading PA and making mad loot.

Zuel on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Unless it's like winter science.

The dissolution rate of marshmallows in hot chocolate.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hypothesis: It's really fucking cold up in Canada.

PROVEN

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zuel wrote: »
    Working at a government facility. Reading PA and making mad loot.

Reading PA is a shit hole full of shit and like poop...from the butt.

Hunter on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The title is basically exactly what I'm doing until I get my security clearance, which could be another couple months. Internet policy is pretty lax, too--don't stream video (audio is usually OK, couple of coworkers stream their XM radio) or other high-bandwidth content without need, and no one minds as long as it isn't affecting your work

This basically means until I'm cleared I have carte blanche to surf or whatever and get paid for it, which contrary to what I would have thought makes me bored and guilty-feeling as hell :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mully, I am so sorry that you cannot waste time at work; and what the fuck?!? Sometimes you gotta hit google for some shit that's work related! If I didn't have at least one web browser going at my last desk job, I wouldn't have been able to do half of that job.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hate all people who are paid to sit at a computer and browse internet all day

get a real job you fucks

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That being said I'm told once I DO get cleared I will "very much earn my keep"

So hey yo

Ledneh on
  • Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I hate all people who are paid to sit at a computer and browse internet all day

get a real job you fucks

Awww, don't hate.

Zuel on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    some days I'll be really bored because no one will need my help, like yesterday.

other times the entire fucking system goes down and I am not so bored.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    my brother and a cousin and their friends have this big replyall thing where they just email shit back and forth all day
    i think its basically just a bunch of them sitting in offices doin nothin and wasting time with that shit instead of somethin like these forums

i think a lot of it would be funny shit, from what little ive seen, seems like theyve struck upon a good thing

and cos everyone knows eachother i guess theres more incentive to keep it interesting
    for example my cousin recently visited a friend in beijing, and they made a youtube video just for the replyall thing
    pretty great video too, but itd probably lose some if you dont know them even a little bit
    so maybe not worth posting
    plus id worry about you guys posting shitty fucking comments on it

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg