Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Black Friday Thread: Walmart Worker Trampled and Killed By Crowd

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is the designated Black Friday thread.
Talk about the great deals you got!
Share your best horror stories.
Discuss the insanity of mobs!

Yikes.
Spoiler:

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
39kEWYh.jpg
«13456721

Posts

  • Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Honestly I blame the stupid door busters, Get rid of those things and I think the rushes will be a lot less.

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    [strike]Also the pregnant woman who was partly trampled at Wal~Mart miscarried.[/strike] So today's black friday death count is at 3, and it's only the afternoon.

    Who holds some of the blame here, and what can be done? This has been generations in the making, after all, and won't get fixed overnight. But still, it is beyond a travesty. And this year's sales aren't even good. Would there be even more casualties had the TV's been an additional 10% off?
    I'm fully placing the blame with people so god damned greedy that they completely lose it the moment someone tells them there's cheap stuff to be found. However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday? Maybe if these people weren't so full of adrenaline they would be less likely to gun down or trample others?

    The only other solution I can think of right now is hiring a Korean Starcraft champion and let him deal with these Zerg-rushes.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ziac45 wrote: »
    Honestly I blame the stupid door busters, Get rid of those things and I think the rushes will be a lot less.

    The rushes are due to limited quantities. So unless you can come up with a bag of holding in the backroom you'll still have people camping out, and you'll still have rushes.

    I wonder if the Wal~Mart death would qualify under lynching laws, as it was a mob killing.

    tea-1.jpg
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?
    This is pretty much the only solution I can think of, though it isn't likely since no company wants to miss out on that many customers. Likely won't see any change without much worse casualties.

    PSN: allenquid
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I worked at a Wal Mart doing truck unloading before entering the military (and yes, the two are related). The one black friday I worked there was a complete mess, we had to get trained on handcuffing people and I, by myself, broke up 3 fights. As a group, the unloaders broke up over a dozen fights and ended up handcuffing nearly ten people.

    It's ridiculous and almost shameful.

    You misspelled "completely and utterly." And what really makes my blood boil about the Walmart worker is that nobody will get charged, nobody will get justice, and the whole fucked up thing will happen again next year.

    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?
    This is pretty much the only solution I can think of, though it isn't likely since no company wants to miss out on that many customers. Likely won't see any change without much worse casualties.

    Oh well. I - for one - am glad civilians don't carry guns over here. We have had some shit going on during big sales, but I can't remember anyone ever getting killed...let alone shot.

    *edit: whoops, didn't want to turn this into a gun laws discussion. Consider this post an off-hand comment, please.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?
    This is pretty much the only solution I can think of, though it isn't likely since no company wants to miss out on that many customers. Likely won't see any change without much worse casualties.

    Alternatively, they could move all the sales online.

    Just look at the thread in G&T. Half the people got their deals online and were damn happy about it. If people knew they weren't missing out by staying home, they'd gladly abandon the Black Friday tradition altogether.

  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?
    This is pretty much the only solution I can think of, though it isn't likely since no company wants to miss out on that many customers. Likely won't see any change without much worse casualties.

    Alternatively, they could move all the sales online.

    Just look at the thread in G&T. Half the people got their deals online and were damn happy about it. If people knew they weren't missing out by staying home, they'd gladly abandon the Black Friday tradition altogether.
    This too. Though I'd be happy if they just sort of strung out the sales over the holidays rather than put them all in one day.

    PSN: allenquid
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    [strike]Also the pregnant woman who was partly trampled at Wal~Mart miscarried.[/strike] So today's black friday death count is at 3, and it's only the afternoon.

    Who holds some of the blame here, and what can be done? This has been generations in the making, after all, and won't get fixed overnight. But still, it is beyond a travesty. And this year's sales aren't even good. Would there be even more casualties had the TV's been an additional 10% off?
    I'm fully placing the blame with people so god damned greedy that they completely lose it the moment someone tells them there's cheap stuff to be found. However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?

    The reason it is called Black Friday is because it is --or was-- the day that stores finally came back into the black for the entire year. November 25 they were still in debt due to payroll, inventory, maintenance, keeping the lights on, &c. for the rest of the year and then 24 hours of insanity brings them across the finish line to profitability. Then all of December pays for restarting for next year, bonuses, and dividends. It could still likely be improved while maintaining the massive profits that are garnered, but you'd be insane to expect a store to pretend that making $400k in sales in one day --which is what my podunk Target made in the 4th largest Chicago suburb-- doesn't have a major draw to it.
    Maybe if these people weren't so full of adrenaline they would be less likely to gun down or trample others?

    The idiots at Toys 'R' Us, sure, but the trampling death is also partly a function of crowds/mobs. You simply can't stop a wall of people. The ones in the back who are pushing don't realize that they need to stop, and the ones in the front can't repel the collective pushing of dozens of other people.

    tea-1.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?
    This is pretty much the only solution I can think of, though it isn't likely since no company wants to miss out on that many customers. Likely won't see any change without much worse casualties.

    Alternatively, they could move all the sales online.

    Just look at the thread in G&T. Half the people got their deals online and were damn happy about it. If people knew they weren't missing out by staying home, they'd gladly abandon the Black Friday tradition altogether.
    This too. Though I'd be happy if they just sort of strung out the sales over the holidays rather than put them all in one day.

    They do, but people either don't realize it or don't care because zomg black friday!!! gotta have it now!!!

    tea-1.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    The reason it is called Black Friday is because it is --or was-- the day that stores finally came back into the black for the entire year. November 25 they were still in debt due to payroll, inventory, maintenance, keeping the lights on, &c. for the rest of the year and then 24 hours of insanity brings them across the finish line to profitability. Then all of December pays for restarting for next year, bonuses, and dividends. It could still likely be improved while maintaining the massive profits that are garnered, but you'd be insane to expect a store to pretend that making $400k in sales in one day --which is what my podunk Target made in the 4th largest Chicago suburb-- doesn't have a major draw to it.



    The idiots at Toys 'R' Us, sure, but the trampling death is also partly a function of crowds/mobs. You simply can't stop a wall of people. The ones in the back who are pushing don't realize that they need to stop, and the ones in the front can't repel the collective pushing of dozens of other people.
    The people in the back are pushing because they're freaking out. I also understand why a shop would want to hype it up, but if they're going to spend all night cleaning up trampled corpses then maybe they should stop acting like a bunch of fucking morons.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    They do, but people either don't realize it or don't care because zomg black friday!!! gotta have it now!!!
    Well then, Wal Mart sells guns. They know what to do.

    PSN: allenquid
  • CokomonCokomon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    The only other solution I can think of right now is hiring a Korean Starcraft champion and let him deal with these Zerg-rushes.

    They should set up some turrets for when people come running in.

    post.png
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Stories like this make me want to firebomb the nearest Walmart

  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    The only other solution I can think of right now is hiring a Korean Starcraft champion and let him deal with these Zerg-rushes.

    They should set up some turrets for when people come running in.

    Lurkers, man. Only way to deal with crowds.

  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    A gunman opened fire at a Toys R Us store in Palm Desert, killing two and causing shoppers at the busy store to scramble for cover.

    Palm Desert Councilman Bob Spiegel told The Times that based on early reports, two rival groups shopping at the store had some kind of argument and then shots were fired. Two men were killed in the exchange of gunfire, he said.


    [strike]Also the pregnant woman who was partly trampled at Wal~Mart miscarried.[/strike] So today's black friday death count is at 3, and it's only the afternoon.

    Who holds some of the blame here, and what can be done? This has been generations in the making, after all, and won't get fixed overnight. But still, it is beyond a travesty. And this year's sales aren't even good. Would there be even more casualties had the TV's been an additional 10% off?

    I've been looking for more information on this because I lived in Palm Desert until about a year ago, and my father and grandfather still live down there; that store is a few blocks from my old house, and I used to walk past it on a daily basis. From what I have been able to piece together from my family, the shooting wasn't shopping related (or at least not totally), the two dead guys shot eachother and one of them had initially tried to walk away. Not sure on anything else, but it is really strange, because Palm Desert typically has very low violent crime, and I imagine there were cops all over the place today because that shopping center is very close to El Paseo and the local mall.

    sig-2699.jpg Iosif is friend. Come, visit friend.
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

  • HozHoz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I live in Palm Desert. Great to see it get national attention.

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

    I know. I think just charging them all would send the message.

    Be pretty wasteful, perhaps.

  • MorskittarMorskittar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

    I know. I think just charging them all would send the message.

    Be pretty wasteful, perhaps.

    I wonder how people who were toward the front of the line feel, or will feel, when they see this report and make the connection.

    snm_sig.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

    Doesn't lynching laws cover mob/crowd killings?

    tea-1.jpg
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Cursory wiki search brings me
    Many states now have specific anti-lynching statutes. California, for example, defines lynching, punishable by 2-4 years in prison, as "the taking by means of a riot of any person from the lawful custody of any peace officer," with the crime of "riot" defined as two or more people using violence or the threat of violence. A lyncher could thus be prosecuted for several crimes arising from the same action, e.g., riot, lynching, and murder. Although lynching in the historic sense is virtually nonexistent today, the lynching statutes are sometimes used in cases where several people try to wrest a suspect from the hands of police in order to help him escape, as alleged in a July 9, 2005, violent attack on a police officer in San Francisco.

  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

    Wal-Mart isn't really responsible for a crazed mob busting down the fucking doors.

    sig.png
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

    Wal-Mart isn't really responsible for a crazed mob busting down the fucking doors.

    Their sale, their building, their security responsibility, their employee

    You could make a case

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    I worked at a Wal Mart doing truck unloading before entering the military (and yes, the two are related). The one black friday I worked there was a complete mess, we had to get trained on handcuffing people and I, by myself, broke up 3 fights. As a group, the unloaders broke up over a dozen fights and ended up handcuffing nearly ten people.

    It's ridiculous and almost shameful.
    You misspelled "completely and utterly." And what really makes my blood boil about the Walmart worker is that nobody will get charged, nobody will get justice, and the whole fucked up thing will happen again next year.
    Wal-Mart will settle a wrongful death lawsuit with his family for at least a couple of million, I'm sure.

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.
    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though
    Wal-Mart isn't really responsible for a crazed mob busting down the fucking doors.
    Are you fucking shitting me?

    Wal-Mart isn't responsible for a random crazed mob walking down the street and breaking into their store. Wal-Mart is responsible for the crazed mob that they know shows up every Black Friday, that they advertise, pander to, and encourage. Wal-Mart created a situation where a trampling death was an easily foreseeable consequence, didn't have sufficient staff on hand to handle the rush, and are lucky that "beyond a reasonable doubt" would be very, very difficult to prove on this one, or their management would probably get charged with depraved indifference or criminally negligent homicide.

  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I think about 200 manslaughter charges would be nice.

    Just about impossible to get a conviction on that, let alone identify the defendants

    A civil suit by his family against WalMart might succeed though

    Wal-Mart isn't really responsible for a crazed mob busting down the fucking doors.

    Their sale, their building, their security responsibility, their employee

    You could make a case

    It'd be better for some shoppers involved in the death to get prosecuted/sued if at all possible.

    Maybe some (but of course, not all) shoppers wouldn't be dicks on Black Friday if they knew they could get punished for acting like dicks.

  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Criminal charges are out of the question here guys

    I know it would send a better message but in this situation unless someone actually admitted to trying to kill the dude it's not happening

  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When you read the article, the part that really stands out
    "When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,"' she said. "They kept shopping."

    So the guy dying and then telling customers to leave because, you know, they had just killed a guy...even that won't shake people out of it on Black Fridays?

    Jesus, I'm never going to a sale again.

    EDIT: I also agree that, though I suspect reality may raise a hand and say "Excuse me" on this one, the customers should be the ones to be looked at for charges. I'm not saying Walmart isn't involved and doesn't share some burden here, but seriously, a mob of people trample a guy and the mob goes free while the place the mob was going to is vilified? I would go so far to say as a societal outlook that results in the company being held responsible and not the mob is part of why incidents like this happen.

  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well Fox News informed me that this is what we, Americans, should do. Because we work hard to buy stuff because materialism is a good thing. God damn America.

    steam_sig.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Raynaga wrote: »
    When you read the article, the part that really stands out
    "When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,"' she said. "They kept shopping."

    So the guy dying and then telling customers to leave because, you know, they had just killed a guy...even that won't shake people out of it on Black Fridays?

    Jesus, I'm never going to a sale again.

    EDIT: I also agree that, though I suspect reality may raise a hand and say "Excuse me" on this one, the customers should be the ones to be looked at for charges. I'm not saying Walmart isn't involved and doesn't share some burden here, but seriously, a mob of people trample a guy and the mob goes free while the place the mob was going to is vilified? I would go so far to say as a societal outlook that results in the company being held responsible and not the mob is part of why incidents like this happen.
    There isn't really any way to hold the mob responsible, and it's not like Wal-Mart is totally blameless.

  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If [legal fees+damages paid to relatives]>[sales profit], expect action to be taken. If not, I wouldn't expect much of it.

    "In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    When you read the article, the part that really stands out
    "When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,"' she said. "They kept shopping."

    So the guy dying and then telling customers to leave because, you know, they had just killed a guy...even that won't shake people out of it on Black Fridays?

    Jesus, I'm never going to a sale again.

    EDIT: I also agree that, though I suspect reality may raise a hand and say "Excuse me" on this one, the customers should be the ones to be looked at for charges. I'm not saying Walmart isn't involved and doesn't share some burden here, but seriously, a mob of people trample a guy and the mob goes free while the place the mob was going to is vilified? I would go so far to say as a societal outlook that results in the company being held responsible and not the mob is part of why incidents like this happen.

    There isn't really any way to hold the mob responsible, and it's not like Wal-Mart is totally blameless.

    Maybe I'm missing something here :lol:

  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    However, it is impossible to change these people on a personal level. Maybe shops should stop hyping Black Friday?
    This is pretty much the only solution I can think of, though it isn't likely since no company wants to miss out on that many customers. Likely won't see any change without much worse casualties.

    Alternatively, they could move all the sales online.

    Just look at the thread in G&T. Half the people got their deals online and were damn happy about it. If people knew they weren't missing out by staying home, they'd gladly abandon the Black Friday tradition altogether.
    This too. Though I'd be happy if they just sort of strung out the sales over the holidays rather than put them all in one day.
    Stores aren't going to move their Black Friday specials online, because it would cut their profit in half.

    Places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy don't make their money from those $800 plasmas. They make their money from impulse items ("Oh hey while we're here we need a new DVD player and there's one on sale!"), peripherals ("You're going to need this $120 Monster HDMI cable to get true high-definition picture quality from that TV!"), extended warranties, and people who just buy the next best thing because the special is all sold out. If Wal-Mart has ten $200 laptops, and they sell out in 30 seconds, the other 250 people who spent seventeen hours standing in line aren't just going to shrug and walk away; they're going to run around madly trying to snap up whatever other deals they can. Like that ancient HP Celeron that just got a "Black Friday Special, $100 Off!" sticker slapped on it the night before. Or instead of buying the 50" TV for $800, they end up paying $900 for a 42" just so they didn't waste a trip.

    Online, that's not an issue. There's no wasted time or effort in checking a website, so there's no pressure to buy. There are no aisles filled with attractively-displayed add-ons like cables, batteries, the latest DVDs, etc, so there are no impulse buys. If people try to purchase a specific deal online, and it's sold out, they don't tend to buy something else just because.

    I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Why does any excuse whatsoever turn people into complete and total fuck heads? :(

    Fixed.

    Part me wants to make a joke about taking one for the team, part of me hopes the cops grab the security footage and start arresting people. Rest in peace noble Wal Mart Employee.

    If I was kidnapped, woke up in a lab, told they were going to replace my vocal cords with those of Tony Jay, and lock me in a sound booth until the day I die I would look those bastards right in the eye and say "Alright you sons of bitches lets do this. This one is for the children."
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Detharin wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Why does any excuse whatsoever turn people into complete and total fuck heads? :(

    Fixed.

    Part me wants to make a joke about taking one for the team, part of me hopes the cops grab the security footage and start arresting people. Rest in peace noble Wal Mart Employee.

    They have the tapes, but good luck figuring out any sort of identification from them. They should have locked everybody in the store afterwards for questioning. Preferably until after 1:00, when all the sales lapsed.

    tea-1.jpg
  • MorskittarMorskittar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Raynaga wrote: »
    When you read the article, the part that really stands out
    "When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,"' she said. "They kept shopping."

    So the guy dying and then telling customers to leave because, you know, they had just killed a guy...even that won't shake people out of it on Black Fridays?

    Jesus, I'm never going to a sale again.

    EDIT: I also agree that, though I suspect reality may raise a hand and say "Excuse me" on this one, the customers should be the ones to be looked at for charges. I'm not saying Walmart isn't involved and doesn't share some burden here, but seriously, a mob of people trample a guy and the mob goes free while the place the mob was going to is vilified? I would go so far to say as a societal outlook that results in the company being held responsible and not the mob is part of why incidents like this happen.

    One would hope that this mob would have received even the most minimal punishment of not getting the shit they wanted to buy. Trample someone to death, purchase goods, go home and watch TV? What the fuck.

    snm_sig.jpg
  • frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Two people killed in a SoCal Toys R' Us shooting:

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/28/state/n123739S87.DTL&tsp=1
    Two people were shot to death in a crowded toy store on Black Friday in a confrontation apparently involving rival groups, city officials said.

    Palm Desert Councilman Jim Ferguson said police told him two men with handguns shot and killed each other. Ferguson said he asked police whether the incident was a dispute over a toy or whether it was gang-related. He said police told him they were not going to release further details until the victims' relatives were notified.

    "I think the obvious question everyone has is who takes loaded weapons into a Toys "R" Us?" he said. "I doubt it was the casual holiday shopper."

  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    They have the tapes, but good luck figuring out any sort of identification from them. They should have locked everybody in the store afterwards for questioning. Preferably until after 1:00, when all the sales lapsed.

    In todays fast paced, consumer driven world how many of those unidentified masses paid cash? Grab the tapes, grab receipts, and start rounding up the herd. It would be a ton of man hours, but you could do it. You track the people entering the store who trampled him, and the use the footage to get people as they leave. Time stamp it, and check your credit card sales.

    If I was kidnapped, woke up in a lab, told they were going to replace my vocal cords with those of Tony Jay, and lock me in a sound booth until the day I die I would look those bastards right in the eye and say "Alright you sons of bitches lets do this. This one is for the children."
«13456721
Sign In or Register to comment.