As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recording cell phone calls (for interviews)

KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
For the past year or so, whenever I've been doing phone interviews I'd just go to a quiet place and put my phone on speaker and record my call (after asking, of course. all legal!) Anyway, that's really annoying because the sound quality is iffy and it's tough sometimes to find a spot to do it.

So, does anyone know how I can do this? One of my colleagues has a "wireless phone recording controller" from Radioshack but they don't seem to carry it in anymore. Also, because it's important, I have a digital recorder. And things that work in landlines don't work on cells, either.

!! ! ! !!
Kealoha on

• Options
    i n c u b u si n c u b u s Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Some phones (like my Helio Ocean) have a little feature in the menu while your making a call that records the entire conversation as you talk without having to put it on speaker. The sound file is stored on the internal or external storage and can be removed just like music or photos. The quality is great and works everytime but I doubt it's worth looking for and buying a brand new phone just for this purpose right?

i n c u b u s on
    Platinum FC: 4941 2152 0041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think my phone has a record option, actually. I'll have to try that, I guess. I'd still like to find this adapter, though, cause my recorder has more memory without expanding.

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I found this thing on Radio Shack's website that looks like it'd work.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Pretty sure that's what I need. My recorder is even Olympus. Thanks Fats.

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!