As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40k: We don't need no guardsmen, let the M'Fers burn

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    brsb1.jpg

I kinda miss those guys...

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Were those your first marines? I mean I knew you did Blood Ravens but I don't remember seeing them.

SJ on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, the scouts... very cool voices :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    In the original? Or the new one?

they were annoying as fuck in the original. Every half second another one of them would scream FOR THE EMPERORRRRRR! and it would overlap over and over again and FUCK TURN THE VOICES OFF ARGGH

SJ on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again

Tzeentch possessed are the greatest kind. A dude in the first round of the 'Ard Boyz around here rocked everyone's face with a full squad of ten of them. No one saw that shit coming.

Srsly! I think of them as the Greater Demon's Bodyguard. And since the GD doesn't take up an HQ slot I can have 2 Monstrous Creatures in the list as WELL as my Sorcerer Lord (Who's going to be Ahriman in higher point games).

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The basic marine yelling was pretty meh... but I'm talking the Scout voices in the gameplay cinematics, and Angelos' voice during the captain's logs before each mission. Good stuff

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It is heavily hinted in the Dawn of War novels that Blood Ravens are Thousand Son gene stock given the large amount of Librarians they produce. In first company they have an entire squads of Libby's.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ya'know what's great about GDs?

Chosen 8-)

SJ on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So how many of you assholes are gonna be playing in the DoW2 beta/getting DoW2? I'd better see a lot of replies in the affirmative.
    It's times like this I wish I still played videogames, aside from Dance Dance Revolution.
    I had fun with my 13 model, 3k point Apocalypse army. It also made for real fast deploy, since it was four units total.

What where they?
    Warhound titan, Baneblade, Stormblade, and Inquisitor w/ Retinue in a Chimera. Only 12 models, actually.
    Here's a pic.
    apoc001.jpg
    The Warhound was subjected to a nasty Genestealer infestation-
    apoc009.jpg
    -fought them off, but was then brought low by a bunch of pesky Eldar.
    apoc017.jpg

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    The basic marine yelling was pretty meh... but I'm talking the Scout voices in the gameplay cinematics, and Angelos' voice during the captain's logs before each mission. Good stuff

Oh, absolutely.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ya'know what's great about GDs?

Chosen 8-)

They only get 1 asp and I'd rather him carry a fist given that you don't get the bonus attack fro mthe Pistol anymore. I run my Chosen with a Power Fist Sargent, 1 guy with a pair of Lightning Claws, and then 3 Plasma or Melta guns. (The Meltas work really nice because I can charge after shooting them and the squad's pistols too.) I also give them the 5+ invuln for Icon of Tzeentch of course. Pile them out of a Rhino, watch they destroy a target with shooting, and pose a formidable threat to any that should dare charge them.

Or I just give them the single fist and take 4 Plasma or Melta guns instead. They're both great units.
    Shootan and fightan! PEW PEW PEW!

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh, I don't give the champ anything at all. Have a few other guys take meltabombs, then divvy out flamers and meltas to everyone. Buy them a Rhino if you want to outflank, and you can still infiltrate them and let a regular squad use their Rhino.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ok this mod sucked but this picture is badass. That does it I'm going back to my old avvie/sig set. Magnus! Sons of Magnus!
    64bf91a5bfb4a2ab6f2b381e58993eb4.jpg

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You're back! Just the way things we're meant to be... /teardrop

SJ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    All is dust! yaaay old school.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ein, did I tell you I finished building my Vindicator? We even left the gun unglued so I have the option of lighting it. As for the Landraider, how much more work would it need if I just wanted to have a light shining out of the front hatch?

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am in favour of having some CF 40k DoW II games. I might not be able to play tabletop with you guys, but virtual wardollies is a different matter.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So guys, need a tip, I'm just buying my first army:
    10 AOBR termies + 2 assault cannons
    2 AOBR Dreads, both damaged with a knife (to simulate battle damage I guess?) One with the multimelta barrels sawed off for modding into a lascannon
    5 used (painted and then cleaned) old edition scouts with a sergeant
    http://images28.fotosik.pl/315/980729e59a8505ff.jpg
    http://images26.fotosik.pl/315/b9637ded75a85a0c.jpg
    http://images40.fotosik.pl/50/ca508be613841ca6.jpg
    http://images32.fotosik.pl/438/2087143cfb856297.jpg

Is this stuff worh $31?
    (I got the 10SM's from a friend so I guess this will be all needed for a small playable army?)
    They come as a set so no picking. For comparison, AOBR costs $51 here.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'd say its worth it if you're going to use all that stuff...

I, personally, would never have any use for it

Nax on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not sure i'll get the demo but I will be all over the full version of DoW2 when it's out next month.
    Orkzorkzorkzorkz!

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    I'd say its worth it if you're going to use all that stuff...

I, personally, would never have any use for it

Yeah, but do you play SM?
    Also, right now, the concept of cleaning and painting those minis seems more exciting to me than actually playing them. In the worst case, I'd paint and sell them.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I play Blood Angels, a SM Chapter, and from time to time I play vanilla marine armies if I feel like trying a gunline army.

Those Terminators would be 460 points if taken as two 5man squads, or 430 if taken as one 10man squad. If you take them as one squad of 10, though, you can't have a second assault cannon.

Thats a big chunk of points, and while terminators are awesome, I can usually only find points for 1 5man squad in a list :P

If you need 2 dreads and 10 terminators, then I'd grab that package for 31. Or, if you're just looking for a start for painting and modeling, then it's a good deal too.

Nax on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Not sure i'll get the demo but I will be all over the full version of DoW2 when it's out next month.
    Orkzorkzorkzorkz!

Oh shit it comes out next month?

Oh fuck I messed the pre-order and the beta!?!?!D:

And I was in the closed beta for the original DOW... :( Even got to play with the developers a few times.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If you have SS you can get the beta this...Wednesday I think, if not then the week after. Already got mine paid for, I've been hunting for various 40K ways to spend a month. So far, not very promising.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My Chaos marine strikeforce has arrived - coupled with my original force I think I'll never need to buy any more chaos stuff. Now the small matter of assembing and painting them......

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've just been packing all my crap into my car for the apoc game. I'm just throwing up a checklist to help me make sure I've remembered everything.
    Buildings (x4) - In trunk - Check
    Craters - In trunk - Check
    Warhound - Front Passenger seat buckled up - Check
    Baneblade - Army Transport - floor of passenger's side - Check
    Arvus Lighter - Army Transport - floor of passenger's side - Check
    Vets (x6), Schaeffer and duded - Army Transport - floor of passenger's side - Check
    Fire - Army Transport - floor of passenger's side - Check
    Tape Measure, dice, and glue - Army Transport - floor of passenger's side - Check
    Camera - Army Transport - floor of passenger's side - Check
    Various Rule Books (IA 1,4,5,6, Apoc, Apoc Re, IG Codex, 40k Rules)- Check
    Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer - Check
    iPhone to blast Der Kommissar - Check
    American Express Card.... Oh shit.... :P

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    ' wrote:
    -[arlequin;8629358']My Chaos marine strikeforce has arrived - coupled with my original force I think I'll never need to buy any more chaos stuff. Now the small matter of assembing and painting them......

I've traveled into the future to bring you this message.
    ' wrote:
    -[arlequin;8629358']My Forgeworld Chaos stuff has arrived - coupled with my original force and strike force, I think I'll never need to buy any more chaos stuff.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    noooooooooooooooooooooo
    yes

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I keep looking at the chaos army and I remember how much I sucked playing them
    I also look at my eldar army that I have not played in years calling in vain to play them again

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I keep looking at the chaos army and I remember how much I sucked playing them
    I also look at my eldar army that I have not played in years calling in vain to play them again

My Dark Angels keep calling to me from my self. I then call them a bunch of emo bitches and go back to my IG.

They sure do look pretty though.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Which invariably reminds me of this.

Mayday on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mayday wrote: »
    Which invariably reminds me of this.

Which reminds me of some marines I saw on another Forum I frequent, GitP. "The Rainbow Warriors"
    RWA1.jpg

RWA2.jpg

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Which reminds me of some marines I saw on another Forum I frequent, GitP. "The Rainbow Warriors"

It's funny because it's TRUE.

Mayday on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mayday wrote: »

It's funny because it's TRUE.

Haha, snap. That is awesome.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Warhound - Front Passenger seat buckled up - Check
    Does he qualify you for the carpool lane?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

He also writes a really awesome comic book series I can't afford to buy right now-- Umbrella Academy.

That crazy Phillip Sibbering guy tried to do something cool with the RW.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, is there any chance that I could solder together a metal model?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, is there any chance that I could solder together a metal model?

I don't think that the question is whether or not you can solder it

the question is, why would you want to? between pinning, superglue and green stuff to fill the gaps, what more do you need?

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Seems unlikely!
    Why would you want to?

Hmmm, time for a new avatar I think. Perhaps one of those fancy ork portraits from DoW2...

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta