As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Honeymoon in Disney World

ZuelZuel Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Social Entropy++
Pretty much what the title says. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon in March to Disney World, but there's so manay different places to stay and various packages. I think I've read that some of you here work at Disney, so I'm just looking for a little advice.

Zuel on

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    don't get your photo taken

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wren wrote: »

No one's stealing my soul.

Zuel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Zuel wrote: »

good. the witch will just eat it

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    a guy i work with did his honeymoon at disney

he had a hell of a time

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'd probably honeymoon in the french alps at some secluded villa in the mountains and die in an avalanche

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Port Orleans, French Quarter! I stayed there this year with the fiancee and it's hella romantic.

It's the smallest hotel on property so you don't have far to walk to the buses to the parks, the buses don't get as full, it's a moderate resort so it's fancy and you can take the boat to Downtown.

Plus you can get some awesome quesadillas at the food court.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Have sex on the Jungle Cruise.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Don't have a weddingdress that looks like one of the disney princesses'.

They do not take kindly to that.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Don't drink the water there. It's not safe.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Druhim wrote: »

thats mexico and canada

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Best advice:

TAKE ME WITH YOU.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I did this last April. Fun times!

Bring your own camera(s), plenty of money

Depending on your budget, careful where you are trying to eat, because their ridiculous restaurant prices will tear you a new one fast. Try to go cheap and save the good meals for dinner or some such.

If you stay at one of the park resorts there is an extra couple of hours every night at a different park you get to stay in while all the normies are kicked out, it is great. We stayed at the Coronado, not disappointed.

Parkhopper pass definitely, unless you are only staying for like two days? How long are you staying?

I'm sure there is someone here that can do this better than me. There is also several books.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The only package you should be concerned with is your own.

In other words, Disney is awesome, you'll have fun everywhere, and have fun getting your bone on with the new wife in Florida.

Hunter on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Too bad for you half the rides have automatic cameras to get your reaction as you're leaving.

BTW, best attractions:

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Indiana Jones Stunt Show
    The Haunted Mansion
    Space Mountain
    Muppets 4-D

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    that reminds of that picture of someone puking on a roller coaster and the faces on the all the people around him

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oh look at Sheri thread

disney and wedding pictures

why not just dress it with menstruation and bring on the bears?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

thats mexico and canada

Safer than DC.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    just make sure you stay in crowds of other tourists
    if the roving gangs of Disney employees manage to isolate you, they'll pick your bones clean

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would recommend staying near Epcot. The Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club come to mind. Those were pretty nice places and you don't need to take a bus to get to either Epcot (you can walk) or MGM or whatever the hell they call these days (take a boat). I think they also run the shuttle that does the early openings to Magic Kingdom close by.

Also I believe the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian are the unofficial best honeymoon hotels or so I've read.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sheri Thread
    And yes, homps, I know she works at Disney World

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    amusement park

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    We'll be there for a week in March. I just checked the Port Orleans Frech Quarter and they only have standard rooms available. The delux resorts are a little pricey, but I may consider upgrading.

Zuel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm really tempted to whore out my honeymoon photos here but I think I'm going to go back to sleep

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    We'll be there for a week in March. I just checked the Port Orleans Frech Quarter and they only have standard rooms available. The delux resorts are a little pricey, but I may consider upgrading.

We had a standard room that was really nice. It overlooked a courtyard with a fountain and you could see the Sassalouga river. Even though there was 2 beds we just slept in one of them and used the other to pile shopping on.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    stay with Sheri

make Pip come over and cook for you

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sheri's not doing a very good job of posting in her thread

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, stop making Disney threads. I'm not going to be able to go to Disney for a good eight years yet.

We discussed it last night and we've decided Disneyland Paris when our kid(s) are 7 or 8 and then DisneyWorld once they're about 13-14.

So at least I have something to look forward to.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sheri's not doing a very good job of posting in her thread

We should make a Druhim thread at least you'd be dependable enough to show up in it.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i think i'll go to disneyworld tomorrow

just because i can

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So definitely stay at one of the resorts in the park?

Zuel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Quoth wrote: »

just because i can
    throwin' around fliff like a sultan

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

just because i can

i don't know what that means but it sounds cool so sure

i am going to ride the buzz lightyear ride about fifty times in a row

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

just because i can

i don't know what that means but it sounds cool so sure

i am going to ride the buzz lightyear ride about fifty times in a row
    http://www.superdeluxe.com/sd/contentDetail.do?id=D81F2344BF5AC7BB89389F31D165BA1180E52E9A85D888AE

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

If you can afford it, yeah. The extra magic hours that you get (early opening, late closing) on certain parks on certain days is worth it to cut down on lines, getting packages sent to your resort so you don't carry around extra t-shirts and stuff, the free buses, free parking, being totally immersed in the Disney atmosphere for the duration of your trip..

Also the Magical Express to / from the airport is great.

SporkAndrew on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

If you can afford it, yeah. The extra magic hours that you get (early opening, late closing) on certain parks on certain days is worth it to cut down on lines, getting packages sent to your resort so you don't carry around extra t-shirts and stuff, the free buses, free parking, being totally immersed in the Disney atmosphere for the duration of your trip..

Also the Magical Express to / from the airport is great.

Listen to this man when he is typing at you, for he is correct.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crashmo wrote: »

Depending on your budget, careful where you are trying to eat, because their ridiculous restaurant prices will tear you a new one fast. Try to go cheap and save the good meals for dinner or some such.

If you stay at one of the park resorts there is an extra couple of hours every night at a different park you get to stay in while all the normies are kicked out, it is great. We stayed at the Coronado, not disappointed.

Parkhopper pass definitely, unless you are only staying for like two days? How long are you staying?

I'm sure there is someone here that can do this better than me. There is also several books.

We stayed at the Coronado last time we did a family Disney trip - it was great.

For the longest time my sister worked at the front desk at the Grand Floridian, we went and saw her at work while we were on vacation. That place was huuuuge and really pretty - but not our family's style 8-).

I don't know where we'll stay if we ever go back... probably the Coronado again. The Magic Kingdom is fun if you have some kids with you - personally I can see and ride all I want to ride at the MK in half a day, then head off to another park like MGM, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom.

Which reminds me - has anyone stayed in the Animal Kingdom themed resort? I hear they have giraffes that come up to your room windows.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Crashmo wrote: »

We stayed at the Coronado last time we did a family Disney trip - it was great.

For the longest time my sister worked at the front desk at the Grand Floridian, we went and saw her at work while we were on vacation. That place was huuuuge and really pretty - but not our family's style 8-).

I don't know where we'll stay if we ever go back... probably the Coronado again. The Magic Kingdom is fun if you have some kids with you - personally I can see and ride all I want to ride at the MK in half a day, then head off to another park like MGM, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom.

Which reminds me - has anyone stayed in the Animal Kingdom themed resort? I hear they have giraffes that come up to your room windows.

You're thinking of the Jurassic Kingdom and the brontosauri

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    The Magic Kingdom is fun if you have some kids with you - personally I can see and ride all I want to ride at the MK in half a day, then head off to another park like MGM, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom.

I, uh, wow. I can spend days wandering around the Magic Kingdom and only come out of it having ridden a few things.

But then I think I'm pretty much an aberration.

SporkAndrew on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's good to hit up the Magic Kingdom at night anyway for the daily fireworks show + park closing parade.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As a side note. Since your in the area - don't neglect the Universal: Islands of Adventure.

That place is super-crazy-awesome.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)