As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star[chat]

1495051525355»

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ronaldo are you the sexy man on the right or in the middle?

I'm the goofy looking one on the end, my neighbor Ilya is in the middle, he was on Kent's homecoming court this year.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I'm the goofy looking one on the end, my neighbor Ilya is in the middle, he was on Kent's homecoming court this year.
    You must have low self esteem or something. You're not goofy, you're cute. :winky:

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited December 2008

You must have low self esteem or something. You're not goofy, you're cute. :winky:

I'm Ronaldo.

Have we met?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The superintendent of Mesa Public Schools apologized to the father of two disabled boys who was angered by the district's special education director's use of a parking space reserved for the handicapped.

Superintendent Deb Duvall issued the apology in a letter she sent to Chris Beckham of Mesa this week.

Beckham, who has two sons with muscular dystrophy, said he was appalled by the "absolute arrogance" of Special Education Director William Santiago outside Zaharis Elementary School on Wednesday morning.
    Beckham said he merely asked Santiago not to park in the handicapped spot again, explaining that those spaces are needed by parents dropping off disabled students.

But as the two argued, Beckham said Santiago told him, "Just because you have a hard life doesn't mean the world owes you everything."

Beckham complained to Michael Cowan, associate superintendent of schools, later that day. Cowan and Duvall met with Santiago and counseled him about the incident, but Santiago faces no additional discipline, said Kathy Bareiss, a district spokeswoman.

Illegal use of a handicapped parking space can result in a citation that carries a $101.25 fine. Santiago wasn't cited in the incident.
    Wow.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008

I'm Ronaldo.

Have we met?
    :P

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    So do port RB songs over to RB2 what do I need (other than the MS Points)? Just the original disc, one time? Can I just rent RB to port the songs to RB2?

:^:

Thank you sir.

Is there generally a consensus on which bundle (full) is better between RB2 and GH:WT?

Organichu on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So do port RB songs over to RB2 what do I need (other than the MS Points)? Just the original disc, one time? Can I just rent RB to port the songs to RB2?

Thank you sir.

Is there generally a consensus on which bundle (full) is better between RB2 and GH:WT?

Those crickets you hear embody the sounds of "fuck if I know"

Not "Fuck if I'll answer his question"

JamesKeenan on
    edited December 2008
    Methinks it would be easier answered in G&T, I know some are afraid to tread in such a place.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited December 2008
    Dickerdoodles. Hahahaha.

edited December 2008
    While we're quoting ourselves...

This assignment would be a lot easier if I knew how the hell I'm supposed to call up every instance of a class to check an attribute it against a specific parameter...

Anyone? Any ideas.

This is pseudocode I'm dealing with, so any suggestions...

JamesKeenan on
    edited December 2008

Thank you sir.

Being a Jew I often have to second guess myself. Sure maybe they don't know, but it's also possible they're phDs in rhythm games and they just hate Kikes, you know? :(

Thanks though. I'll consider heading over to G&T. I don't know if I should just make a thread or what... I feel if I post the question in either the RB2 or GH:WT threads I'll get a biased answer.

Organichu on
    edited December 2008
    Nnn...negat....negative b plus or minus the square root of b squared - 4 times a times c, all over two times a?

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Thank you sir.

I know that Tycho preferred the GH:WT instruments, but enjoyed RB:2 over WT. So, I guess if you can find some way to make that happen, it is the Tycho endorsed experience.

And I've found him to be a sensible person on most things other than hand held predictions.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    While we're quoting ourselves...

This assignment would be a lot easier if I knew how the hell I'm supposed to call up every instance of a class to check an attribute it against a specific parameter...

Anyone? Any ideas.

This is pseudocode I'm dealing with, so any suggestions...

I'm not sure what you're saying the problem is. I would assume the class has member functions that can return the values of its attributes to the user.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Well, it's irrelevant now, because I was thinking far too far ahead of the book, and was overcomplicating things.

I figured it out. I thinki

But the problem was
    Use object-oriented design to design a class called Book that will receive the ISBN, author, title and price of a book. Your class is to select and print the details of all books with a price of more than $50.00

JamesKeenan on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ugh, sometimes News of the Weird makes me lose faith in humanity a little more.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    Aliens, 2179.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Man what is up with playing high def. video on my laptop? I figured it might not be able to (it's a fairly run of the mil laptop, 2 gigs RAM, integrated graphics, 1.6 ghz dual core processor, etc.), but it... ok.

When I play regularly encoded video I'm ok.

Playing .mkv files it starts to work ok (and looks AMAZING)) but maybe every 5-15 seconds it stops to 'catch up' for a couple of seconds. I figure 'ok, makes sense, that's what I get for playing heavy duty files on a laptop'. But in task manager it shows my laptop as only using about 45% of its processing capacity, even with the video full-screened.

I also end all other processes.

Organichu on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008
    20040216h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Despite anything we might have said in the strip, Unreal Tournament 2004 is pretty good even if you decide to settle for human company. I don't retreat from any of the things I said regarding the balkanized community their many gametypes and options automatically creates. However, I firmly believe that the path en route to that inevitable implosion will be fantastic!

If you don't already have the demo, there's just no reason not to download it from the official site - they have Linux, Mac and PC versions, so no matter where you work you can play it right there on the webserver. I'm of the opinion that the network code feels a little cleaner, a little tighter - the "best case" scenario feels more solid to me that UT2k3, though I will be the first to admit that "feel" is not the most scientific term. I've read bad reports about the lag and whatnot, but I always leave "Sodomite's BITCH KILLER" server at the first sign of trouble, I don't wait around to see my worst fears about network performance validated. I've seen fire and I've seen rain, at least as it relates to server quality. I don't know which one of those is the good one.

It will hit with over a hundred maps built in, as it includes the content from the previous version. It will warm my heart to see actual humans and not just psychotic robot butchers populating my favorite maps again. Judging by the server lists I've seen, the new Onslaught gametype - a vehicle oriented capture point mode - has really seized the imagination, and we can expect nine maps right out the gate. Assault - a mission oriented mode that always had a strong following - hits with six maps, which seems anemic to me. They're easily the most elaborate sort of map to produce, as they include a whole point by point mission flyby and tend to have elaborate "fiction" that describes them, so six probably isn't terrible out the gate. About other companies, maybe you couldn't say it - but Epic and Digital Extremes keep the content coming, loads of it, well after release - it is almost inconceivable to me that we wouldn't see those six maps expanded through their now legendary Bonus Packs. No other game has this kind of history, where the things any other company would shake you down for they give away free.

And also, I have to say - we haven't seen the fanciest of the updated content with this demo. There's an Assault map, for example, where one team flies spaceships to breach a base in the initial phase. There's a ton of new features, too - they're just cool ideas. Text to speech, for example. And, at any moment, you can hit a button and receive a helpful trail that will lead you to either base. Voice support. Not just voice support for online games, but also voice recognition for ordering around your bots - "kill them, my robots," etc. For me, voice support isn't the biggest deal for a PC game because I'm typically playing with other people using Teamspeak. More often than not, unfettered access to a voice channel leads to people saying shit like "Macaroni," and then giggling. But I know the kids like it.

When's it ship, though - sixteenth of March? I'll probably have to get that.

(CW)TB out.

it's almost entirely window dressing

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.