As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shower Water

GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Recently we've noticed the water in the master bathroom shower is very "hard", and almost feels like needles coming out of the shower head. It hasn't always been like this, and if we turn on the shower in the guest bathroom (which isn't used much) it's still "softer". We have a water softener and it is working normally, as far as I can tell, and still has plenty of salt.

Do I just need to clean the shower head? I've got some CLR I was going to try, but is there anything else to consider?

Ganluan on

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Recently we've noticed the water in the master bathroom shower is very "hard", and almost feels like needles coming out of the shower head. It hasn't always been like this, and if we turn on the shower in the guest bathroom (which isn't used much) it's still "softer". We have a water softener and it is working normally, as far as I can tell, and still has plenty of salt.

Do I just need to clean the shower head? I've got some CLR I was going to try, but is there anything else to consider?

Sounds like mineral deposits on the shower head. Just clean it up or change your shower head and see if that fixes things.

Personally I like my showers to feel like a fire hose.

Bendery It Like Beckham on