As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Suicide is [chat]less

• DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DeShadow, it really looks like Link has a big black dildo beside his face in your sig, rather than a sword hilt.

You're blind. Besides Frosteey made it. I have no artistic ability.

@Preach I was being serious you're the nicest guy in chat.

@Medo took 13 pages before anyone complained about the OP congrats.

DeShadowC on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So it looks like I'll be making a road trip up towards Virginia.

I wonder who lives in between Tampa and Christiansburg, VA who might be accommodating to my on my like.... 15 hour drive.
    Stop at my place

We can... let off a little steam

Elendil on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    this chat is terrible

no u

It's all my fault.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    I don't know if Oboro will ever come back.

I give it like ten days maximum, frankly.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2008
    this chat is terrible

no u
    You're the worst [chat]ter of them all, Sabs

Elendil on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Res wrote: »

Historically speaking, I am; I'm not nearly ruthless enough to beat out other hunters to the meat, manipulate women into propagating my genes, etc.

So really I'm being true to natural selection by continuing to refuse to fall in love with some cute young thing. Or any other manner of thing.

Ok keep failing, and if you need help failing in the future, just ask (hmmm who is will be single forever and never spawn...)

I'm not really failing, I'm just refusing to so much as attempt to succeed. So really my lack of success is success in and of itself.

Ahh I see, one of those I'm single by choice people. You're right though it is choice, not yours but choice all the same.

As opposed to one of those "It's impossible for anyone's goals and desires to differ from my own" people?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    However dickish they're being, I think they're right. Assisted suicide really shouldn't be legalised, it'd lead to some rather unfortunate consequences. But I mean wow, what a bunch of cunts.
    So, what? You just think they're being dickish in the way that they're saying that? You don't think that telling someone they should have to suffer a slow and painful death is bad enough on its own?

I'm saying his condition is awful, but the stance that the Catholic church is taking is the right one, albeit for the wrong reason?

I assume you are a proponent of the "slippery slope" argument, in which the use of euthenasia for those dying would be threatening because the fear would be that suicide would become more acceptable.

Alecthar on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I give it like ten days maximum, frankly.

Shhhhhhhh. I'm trying to maintain the fantasy here.

No Oboro...*hums softly*

Alecthar on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

I wonder who lives in between Tampa and Christiansburg, VA who might be accommodating to my on my like.... 15 hour drive.
    Stop at my place

Disclaimer: I would take you up your offer of lodging, you know.
    And the other stuff is negotiable. And by negotiable I mean "do me in my sleep."

JamesKeenan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    DeShadow, it really looks like Link has a big black dildo beside his face in your sig, rather than a sword hilt.

I'm the nicest guy? Man I know thats sarcasm.

Res I don't even know what you're trying to say, which is normal for you.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I love the movie Big because you know Tom Hanks is just having a blast with it.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited December 2008
    The poll in the Atheism thread should have the who voted for what as viewable.

DeShadowC on
    edited December 2008
    this chat is terrible

You should have been here for the last 5 or so pages of the last one.

If Obo doesn't return then that chat should be christened as a champion.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

Stop at my place

Disclaimer: I would take you up your offer of lodging, you know.
    And the other stuff is negotiable. And by negotiable I mean "do me in my sleep."
    I'm actually nowhere near Virginia

I just wanted to make the innuendo

Elendil on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008

Remember when he used to be fun?

That Thing You Do is totally underappreciated, I have to say. And the main song is genuinely catchy.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008

I am saying that I really am not interested in romance at all. This isn't hard.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    this chat is terrible

Seriously, if she doesn't we might all have to give Tube a pat on the back. It'll hurt, but I'll do it.

Alecthar on
    edited December 2008

You act like I'm calling you a nice guy in a sea of Saints or something.

DeShadowC on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am probably a nicer person than Preacher, who last time I checked derived nourishment from the flesh of children.

Sarksus on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    However dickish they're being, I think they're right. Assisted suicide really shouldn't be legalised, it'd lead to some rather unfortunate consequences. But I mean wow, what a bunch of cunts.
    So, what? You just think they're being dickish in the way that they're saying that? You don't think that telling someone they should have to suffer a slow and painful death is bad enough on its own?

I'm saying his condition is awful, but the stance that the Catholic church is taking is the right one, albeit for the wrong reason?

I assume you are a proponent of the "slippery slope" argument, in which the use of euthenasia for those dying would be threatening because the fear would be that suicide would become more acceptable.

Slightly more to it then that, but pretty much yeah. It's a really nasty issue though, I mean knowing people with chronic fatal conditions (MS) and seeing how hard it really is, I think they do deserve the chance to die, but weighing up against that is the way we treat the elderly and the pressure that will be put upon them. It's almost darkly ironic, those for whom suicide is an actual option, are those generaly least able to commit it themselves.

Leitner on
    edited December 2008
    this chat is terrible

Seriously, if she doesn't we might all have to give Tube a pat on the back. It'll hurt, but I'll do it.

I'd give Tube a hug. But then again I'm crazy and assume the shock would give me enough time to run away.

DeShadowC on
    edited December 2008

That Thing You Do is totally underappreciated, I have to say. And the main song is genuinely catchy.

I don't understand how someone who looks so fucking goofy can get roles in movies like Road to Perdition and Saving Private Ryan.

Alecthar on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008

Seriously, I enjoyed that movie. The song is so kitschy it's endearing.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

See, I'm generally in favour of allowing medically assisted suicide, then someone posted that joke about Dignitas euthanising people because no-one wanted to adopt them, so I was going to make a joke where I mimicked on of those animal charity ads: "This is Gladys, she has cancer and now her family can't afford to take care of her anymore. If nobody adopts her... etc."

Then I remembered that in countries like the US a terminally ill family member frequently is a huge financial burden (not to say that they won't necessarily be in the UK, but the NHS is capable of providing a fair amount of support) and found myself revising my stance.

japan on
    edited December 2008

You act like I'm calling you a nice guy in a sea of Saints or something.

It actually hurts me that you think I'm a bigger asshole than Preacher.

Though is suppose I could look at it as the successful culmination of months of (unintentional) labor toward that goal.

Alecthar on
    edited December 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am probably a nicer person than Preacher, who last time I checked derived nourishment from the flesh of children.

But there are nicer people in chat than me. A lot nicer, like Irene or Medo. People that apologize when they offend you. Where as I'm like Melvin Udall, just dropping hurt and not caring.

Res as a human being on this earth keep it up, I don't want to hear you have spawned another.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this chat is terrible

We're not that lucky.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited December 2008

I don't understand how someone who looks so fucking goofy can get roles in movies like Road to Perdition and Saving Private Ryan.

Man he can be hard. Comedy is one of the harder forms of drama to pull off, besides some of those who laugh the loudest due so to cover their own pain. I think Hanks is an extremely talented actor who can be funny, but also make you cry over a simple phrase like "Earn this."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Maybe it's 'cause I've only been here for a little over a year of Oborosity, but I still feel kind of D: at all the :x that gets sent her way.

I couldn't care less if her life is shit completely of her own doing and she hasn't done a thing yet to change it.

Neither of those are true, but even if that were the case, sometimes some you guys remind me of the mob that wants to kill Frankenstein's monster.

And by "some of you guys" I mean, like... Preacher and VC.

Disclaimer: I really like Preacher and VC, I'm just making an observation here.

JamesKeenan on
  • enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Seriously, I enjoyed that movie. The song is so kitschy it's endearing.

When I play drums on Rock Band, I always play the drum part from That Thing you Do during the little intro section to fuck with my bandmates. :D

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, come on guys.

I know Oboro dumps on us and vents on us a lot but for fucks sake we are basically one of the few stable, supportive things she has in her life.

I'm just going to duck out of [chat] before my opinion on some of you lowers further.

Inquisitor on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Exam one went well.

Only hitch: One of my exam parts was supposed to be in Pen and I wrote it in pencil. After I finished everything, I went back and tried to re-write a section that took me 80 minutes to complete.

Time to e-mail my registrar do do do

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2008
    Maybe it's 'cause I've only been here for a little over a year of Oborosity, but I still feel kind of D: at all the :x that gets sent her way.

I couldn't care less if her life is shit completely of her own doing and she hasn't done a thing yet to change it.

Neither of those are true, but even if that were the case, sometimes some you guys remind me of the mob that wants to kill Frankenstein's monster.

And by "some of you guys" I mean, like... Preacher and VC.

Disclaimer: I really like Preacher and VC, I'm just making an observation here.

1. Compassion Fatigue

2. The methhead on my WoW friends list doesn't inflict his stories about bodily fluids, drug trips, etc. etc. on me. There is a large difference between discussing a problem in an attempt to get help with it, and deliberately yammering on about crazy/weird/illegal/depressing/infuriating/disgusting shit as she often does. It's especially not a cry for help when her immediate response to someone wanting her to stop is "I'm not going to change so get used to it."

Alecthar on
    edited December 2008
    Yeah who doesn't like a poster who dumps problems, and when people offers solution they snap at those people for daring to suggest solutions. Who wouldn't want someone who can't admit the majority of their problems start and end with them. I tell you I love people like that, love them to death.

See shadow I'm worse than a lot of others, Medo and Irene have apologized when they thought they offended me, I've never done that. In fact I'll admit I've personally insulted people in chat to beat them down a bit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I guess I missed Oboro drama again?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited December 2008
    Exam one went well.

Only hitch: One of my exam parts was supposed to be in Pen and I wrote it in pencil. After I finished everything, I went back and tried to re-write a section that took me 80 minutes to complete.

Time to e-mail my registrar do do do

Good job zen.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2008
    I guess I missed Oboro drama again?

I did too, I looked at the last chat but only saw that whiney bitch complaining to tube and gooeys awesome one man band picture.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wow, come on guys.

I know Oboro dumps on us and vents on us a lot but for fucks sake we are basically one of the few stable, supportive things she has in her life.

I'm just going to duck out of [chat] before my opinion on some of you lowers further.

Shit, when a manipulative "friend" who contemplated coming between two people and their relationship lowers his opinion of you, then you know you fucked up.

Sarksus on
    edited December 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wow, come on guys.

Then maybe she shouldn't constantly sabotage whatever sympathy and support we offer her by talking about getting her fix every few days.

Alecthar on
    edited December 2008
    Yeah who doesn't like a poster who dumps problems, and when people offers solution they snap at those people for daring to suggest solutions. Who wouldn't want someone who can't admit the majority of their problems start and end with them. I tell you I love people like that, love them to death.

See shadow I'm worse than a lot of others, Medo and Irene have apologized when they thought they offended me, I've never done that. In fact I'll admit I've personally insulted people in chat to beat them down a bit.

Irene is an odd exception to the rule. She's too nice for DnD.

BTW I was being sarcastic <3

I love your attitude anyways.

DeShadowC on
This discussion has been closed.