As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JiuJitsu in the Nashville area

dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I'm moving in a bit, and one of the things I always wish I'd kept up with was a martial art. I took one when I was in my mid-teens and had to stop due to working crazy split shifts. I'm now out of shape as shit and since I'm moving somewhere I wont know anyone, I was wondering if anyone knew a good database of studios that weeds out mcdojo type places.

I'm not looking to get ripped or beat up people at bars. Just an activity to keep busy and maybe meet some people after my exodus.

dispatch.o on

• Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brazilian Jiujitsu or Judo.

Ask if the club competes. If they do, can't go wrong.

Munacra on
  • Options
    krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You might also want to check out On the Mat which has a database of BJJ gyms. That's how I was able to find one even in Korea.

krapst78 on
    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Judo would be fun, but everything I've ever heard about American Judo studios is they suck, always mix in a bunch of TKD and stuff because high kicking is cool bro!

Will check the database.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    ElrosstElrosst Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I live in Bellvue (west nashville), and I know there is some kind of martial arts studio on the intersection of 70 south and old hickory, but I'm not sure what kind....

sorry =/

http://www.google.com/search?q=martial+arts+in+nashville&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Elrosst on
  • Options
    etdragonetdragon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    krapst78 wrote: »
    You might also want to check out On the Mat which has a database of BJJ gyms. That's how I was able to find one even in Korea.
    Yeah on the mat's database is great. If you find a place you are curious about you could post on the forums for more info too. Some decent dudes there.

etdragon on
    sig.jpg