Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Another, less pleasant cat thread: Urinary Tract Infection
At least, that's what we're thinking it is. The problem started a bit more than a month ago, when I noticed my cat was regularly scooting his butt across the floor. I thought it just a weird quirk, but I was told it could be another problem, like impacted anal glands. So I took him to the vet, and a check was done. When that didn't help, I had to take him again a week or so later so he could be sedated and given the more...thorough treatment. Fine. But when I got him back, they also found blood for his urine, paid for a urinanalysis, and gave him a shot of antibiotics. They assumed at this point that it was a urinary tract infection. I assumed it would clear up in two weeks.
It did not clear up in two weeks, or at all. More importantly, they want me to get a urine sample, but their method didn't work. They wanted me to drain my litter box, toss some bead things in there that will convince the cat to go there, and then get some of the ...puddle and store it. This plan failed when the cat utterly refused to use the litter box without litter, and holding him back for too long would either cause him to go elsewhere, hold it in and cause more problems, or just whine at me all night. So I might need another method.
I also would like more information about this problem and people's experiences with it. How long did it last, how did you treat it, etc.? More importantly, how much did it cost. Counting the initial examination and the anal gland cleanings, this problem is already costing me over $700, and it doesn't sound like it's going away any time soon. What should I do about it? I can't afford much more, but I want to help my cat, too.