Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

TMNT Smash Up: A ha ha ha (A ha ha ha) Hey heyo (hey heyo)

agoajagoaj Avatar avatar avatar HDAvatar of the Year EditionRegistered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fighting game Ubisoft and Game Arts(Made Super Smash Brothers Brawl). Releases 9/22/2009 on Wii and PS2
Awesome Commercial
The music?
*ROSTER*
Spoiler:

*VIDS*
Don Vs. Foot Online
Raph Vs. Utrom Online
Mikey Arcade Mode
4-Player: Leo v RR v NW v Fugitoid

Old OP:
Spoiler:

agoaj on
5cCIDR0.png

• METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User
    edited December 2008
    wait, why is Ubisoft a boo?

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • GilderGilder Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Probably because it isn't Konami, who has traditionally done most of the TMNT games. Ubisoft I'm pretty sure did the terrible games based off the new movie, the exception being the GBA game which was really good.

This could be interesting though. I love TMNT and if they make Super Shredder a boss of SNK boss standards, like he deserves to be, I will be one happy person. However Team Ninja better not even think about giving Karai and April double D's. I will wish them into the cornfield so hard if they do.

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Double Ds, eh?

*Thinks hard*

I'm sure it will be fine either way. Now we just need some Feldman voice-over action.

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It'd be so great if one of the aspects they rip from Brawl is the history-spanning fan service. Give me versions of all the characters using art from every past iteration, and I will buy in for nostalgia alone. Characters from all the early versions, too. Krang, Wingnut and Screwloose, Man Ray, Toka and Razar (sp) and shit I don't know of from the newer cartoon.

/=S=/
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    3DS - 3797-6074-8327
    Mayor Jer in Saskie

• METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User
    edited December 2008
    The turtles will all be clones/reskins olol. I'm imagining the sequel now...

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES
    Spoiler:

But seriously, if they don't bring in some of the characters from the comics, they're totally dropping the ball. TMNT had some sick comic storylines and characters back in the day. Villains performing human sacrifices to summon demons that fed off of nuclear reactors? Space aliens travelling through time to harvest brains for sale to creatures who can't dream? Raphael's fox girlfriend getting shot by a hunter? Wait, fuck, Raphael was a furry fucker. I'm tainting my memories, gotta stop.

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm really looking forward to this game. Normally I wouldn't be very exited due to the fact that most TMNT projects end up not that great...but the pedigree of people working on it gives me hope.

I mean select members of Team Ninja and those who worked on Brawl!?! Sign me up mister! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ubisoft made awesome TMNT games and horrible TMNT games.
    As a general rule, anything Ubisoft makes is either incredible or just shitty.

Let's hope this game is in the incredible section. Though I wouldn't hold high hopes, since it's for the Wii.
    Ubisoft + Wii = Disaster.

edited December 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    Ubisoft made awesome TMNT games and horrible TMNT games.
    As a general rule, anything Ubisoft makes is either incredible or just shitty.

Let's hope this game is in the incredible section. Though I wouldn't hold high hopes, since it's for the Wii.
    Ubisoft + Wii = Disaster.

At the very least, they are only publishing...not developing. Think about the fact that they were also the publisher to No More Heroes and they will be for NMH2. The babyz/monkeyz/crapyz stuff they develop and is garbage.

What gives me hope is the developing team has a fantastic record of quality.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • templewulftemplewulf Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What do they mean by "members of Team Ninja". Is this Itagaki's next project?

Goddamn it, Tecmo. :x

Friend me: Twitter | Google+
    Invite me: XBox Live | PS3 | Steam
    Link to me: Number Sorter | Achievement Generator
    edited December 2008
    templewulf wrote: »
    What do they mean by "members of Team Ninja". Is this Itagaki's next project?

Goddamn it, Tecmo. :x

I'm sure if he was involved we would have heard already.

All that has been said was "Select members of both team Ninja and Team Brawl."

For all we know though, maybe Itagaki hand selected a team for this project....I doubt it though. Whoever is developing it probaby figured Brawl team have the experience with large scale fighting/party projects, and team Ninja has the experience with....Ninjas? :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm buying the SHIT out of this game when it comes out.

Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Am I the only person who thought TMNT for the PS2 was actually decent? Sure, it was too short, far too easy, and the combat was a little wonky, but the platforming was solid.

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yep, they have my interest.

edited December 2008
    The good thing about a TMNT game is that if it's at least "good" or "great", the fact it's TMNT automatically raises it to "excellent" status.

edited December 2008
    The good thing about a TMNT game is that if it's at least "good" or "great", the fact it's TMNT automatically raises it to "excellent" status.

At least it does for us. These kids nowadays don't know how bad they have it. TMNT for life, yo.

Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
  • Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bishop and Kirai are all
    ...Leatherhead too.
    ...and Slash.
    ...Casey

Ok maybe I want a lot from this game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Exactly. :^:

I can't wait, I do like that it's not based on one specific property though, gives it more freedom.

All I care about is that character wise, we get to play:

Leonardo
    Raph
    Donatello
    Michaelangelo
    April
    Splinter
    Casey Jones
    Shredder

These are givens, but I hope some of the other mainstays are in such as Baxter, Beebop, Rocksteady, and Krang.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gilder wrote: »
    Probably because it isn't Konami, who has traditionally done most of the TMNT games.

But all the Konami-made TMNT games post-1994 sucked hard as well.

Edit: Also, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You want Bebop & Rocksteady in this? You won't ever see anything from the 80s/90s series ever again, thank god.

oIi9lub.png
    Favicon.ico maximumzero / KrSaEN3.png 0860-3352-3335 / favicon.png eBay Shop / twitter-bird-16x16.png Twitter
    edited December 2008
    Probably because it isn't Konami, who has traditionally done most of the TMNT games.

Edit: Also, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You want Bebop & Rocksteady in this? You won't ever see anything from the 80s/90s series ever again, thank god.

Who are you?
    Get out of there!

edited December 2008
    Why won't we get Bebop and Rocksteady? (Besides them being assholes in TMNT 2, the arcade game)

• templewulftemplewulf Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

We don't like yer kind 'round these parts.

Friend me: Twitter | Google+
    Invite me: XBox Live | PS3 | Steam
    Link to me: Number Sorter | Achievement Generator
    edited December 2008
    Beebop and Rocksteady for life! :x

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    That dude that was the Fly!

edited December 2008
    That was Baxter.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008

Who are you?
    Get out of there!

Don't get me wrong. I was born in 1984, I grew up on that shit. But have you gone back and tried to watch it now? Jesus Christ it's just painful.

Now the 2k3 series, outside of that Fast Forward nonsense, has been decent. Nothing on the level of BtAS, but competent considering it's coming out of 4Kids.

oIi9lub.png
    Favicon.ico maximumzero / KrSaEN3.png 0860-3352-3335 / favicon.png eBay Shop / twitter-bird-16x16.png Twitter
    edited December 2008
    Nothing beats BtAS. :|

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Why won't we get Bebop and Rocksteady? (Besides them being assholes in TMNT 2, the arcade game)

Because while this isn't tied to a specific movie or TV show, you'll likely see the character designs being based off of the 2007 feature film. It's what all the toys' boxes have mimicked since it came out, even though some are characters from the TV series.

You might see designs from the 2k3 series, and you might see designs from the comic series, and that's basically the order of likeliness that you'd see them in. But the 1980/90s series? No, you won't ever see anything from those again.

oIi9lub.png
    edited December 2008
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Nothing beats BtAS. :|

Exactly. It's more akin to the Spider-Man 90s series. A solid show that can be taken seriously to an extent, but it's a fun romp that doesn't pander to its audience.

oIi9lub.png
    edited December 2008

Because while this isn't tied to a specific movie or TV show, you'll likely see the character designs being based off of the 2007 feature film. It's what all the toys' boxes have mimicked since it came out, even though some are characters from the TV series.

You might see designs from the 2k3 series, and you might see designs from the comic series, and that's basically the order of likeliness that you'd see them in. But the 1980/90s series? No, you won't ever see anything from those again.

Why do you hate me so?

edited December 2008
    I'm sure that they'll make your standard foot soldier playable also.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    That was Baxter.

Yeah!

Him!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm going to go ahead now and predict this game will be "meh" at best.

The Turtles license is cursed. There hasn't been a good turtles game for over a decade now.

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow YRP...in position It's showtime, girls.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Please let this game have SSBB-style taunts.

"Tonight I dine on turtle soup!"

kTNzrVi.png?2
    Disasterrific! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
    edited December 2008

The Turtles license is cursed. There hasn't been a good turtles game for over a decade now.

TMNT GBA wants to punch you in the face.

edited December 2008

The 2007 game had potential but unfortunately it was wrapped in a big layer of mediocrity and the blahs.

The foundation was there they just didn't build in it well enough.

oIi9lub.png
    edited December 2008
    Like I said earlier...the pedigree of the team working ont he game gives me hope.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

The 2007 game had potential but unfortunately it was wrapped in a big layer of mediocrity and the blahs.

The foundation was there they just didn't build in it well enough.

That's the one based on the movie? I think it was made in 7 months or something close to that.

PSN / XBL: PatParadize
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

TMNT GBA wants to punch you in the face.

It emulated the old arcade games well enough, until the developers squeezed in their own shitty ideas (like no multiplayer).

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
    edited December 2008
    Surely it was "good" though.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

More specifically, it's because pretty much everything that originated in the first cartoon is officially property of the cartoon makers, not the actual TMNT creators (even if they had a hand in their creation for the 'toon). Things that appeared in the toon but were created beforehand, like the turtles themselves, April O'Neil, Casey Jones, Baxter, etc. still belong to the original creators.

TV spinoffs are odd like that. That's why, barring some weird licensing agreement, the Tick will never again fight crime with Speak, the Furry Moist Avenger. :(

3DS: 0344-9335-6762