Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome kid punches coyote in face, gets award.

trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Social Entropy++
Youth to receive Medal of Bravery

57304-19259.jpg

A 10-year-old boy who fought off a coyote to save the life of his friend will be soon presented with a national honour.

Marshall Davis, now 12, will be handed a Medal of Bravery with 13 other recipients at Rideau Hall in Ottawa.

In November 2006, the boy and his friend, 10-year-old David Burnett, were throwing snowballs in the backyard of Davis’ north-end home, when a coyote appeared baring its teeth.
The boys ran for their lives, but the coyote grabbed onto Burnett and dragged him to the ground.

Instinctively, Davis ran back to aid his friend. He punched and kicked the coyote in the face until it gave up and ran away.

The coyote, which had been hanging around the neighbourhood eating trash days earlier, was killed by a Fish and Wildlife officer.

The recent award is one of many Davis has received.

The date for the medals ceremony has not yet been selected.

Davis joins a list of recipients that include police officers, and is the youngest to receive the honour.

Because there is so much horrible shit in the news all the time I just wanted to share this news story that makes me feel good.

trentsteel on
http://www.botsnthings.com/
I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

This discussion has been closed.