Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Game ON] Star Wars RPG: a slick WEG D6 adventure starts on page 4

123457

Posts

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Looking at the first stretch of floor 1's hallway on this layout, I'd say the lifts at the end of the hall appear to slightly over twenty meters away. If they come running down the stairs, they'll step through the doorway right behind the dead guard, about 6 meters away from Chen (still in the lobby) and 4m from Mons' prone position in the hall.))

    If more security teams are coming right now, neither Chen nor MJ can hear if they're coming right now. Also, there's still that wounded armed man in front of them.

    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I'm just thinking ahead. Chen will of course walk up to the wounded guy and smash him in the head with the butt of his carbine next, if you're still resolving actions before tonight.))

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MJ walks up to the wounded man and looks at the ruin of his face. Shaking his head at his carelessness, he looks around to see if he can find any security cameras.

    ((Are there any security cameras in view? If so, MJ wants to blast em))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I'll go ahead and resolve Chen's and MJ's round now; that should put both parties up to pace.))

    Chen steps through the broken window, flips his carbine around to the blunt end, and strikes the security guard square in the skull.

    ((Easy difficulty to wield the carbine in melee (Dexterity roll of 13, success) Damage roll of 24(10 on wild dice!) vs 9 Strength. Unf, Mortally Wounded. Once you get into range, Melee damage is pretty powerful in this game, honestly. The trick is getting that close.))
    Some rather important bones in the man's head break with a muffled 'crunch' sound. He falls flat on his back and moves no more.


    With a quick glance, Jiru spots the obvious holocamera set overhead and pulls off a quick shot ((Blaster roll of 18)), blowing the device into slag.

    ((Combat is over, nobody around to act against them))

    hmm.gif
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I'll be sneaking to the other side of the door where moose is hiding. I'm more looking for a place to actually stay hidden.

    Sneak:2d6+1d6.open(6)=7 Fuck. I'm about as stealthy as a bantha. Oh well, hopefully this guard'll get called away because of the antics of our compatriots downstairs.))

    camo_sig2.png
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I'll just throw in the flavor text, you can do the rolls (if there are any) if you'd like.))

    After slipping into the office, Cal draws his vibroblade and waits in ambush. He would prefer not to draw this kind of attention, but sometimes these things just can't be avoided.

  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Hey bountykiller. Way I see it, we can do two things. One: we wait until more show up and keep shootin' until there ain't no more. Or two: You could get on the comm and tell everyone t'evacuate cuz there's a fire in this here building... while I start the fire."

    Chen scratched his chin.

    "Well, I 'spose we could also just march in and git 'er done ourselves... but that ain't so cautious, y'know."

    He said it without a hint of irony, as if his first options had been. In Chen's mind, perhaps they were.

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "I...think we'd better let them do what they came for. Keeping the guards occupied without getting shot at anymore is probably best. Why don't you grab one of the giards' coms and taunt the reinforcements while I see what I can't do to make it harder to get into the room?"

    ((If I could make the staircase either unusable or just really treacherous by blasting a few holes, that'd be great. If not, I'd like to look around for other ways to barricade the stairs- a desk or heavy piece of furniture that isn't bolted down would work too))

    Mons Jiru was getting a bit wary of working with Chen. He was much more used to bringing in deranged psychopaths than he was to working with them... but there wasn't really time to dwell on it too much now.

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    New round for Friday.

    Floor 2 office:
    Moose and the gang duck inside the office and hide as the lone security guard enters the hall. A moment later he enters the room, standing in the doorway with pistol and glowrod in hand.

    "Hello? ...Alright I know you're both in here, come out," he exclaims as he waves the light beam around the room shakily.

    Floor 1 hall:
    ((Jiru could duck inside the security station and try dragging a desk out with an Easy Lifting (Strength) roll, but it'd take one round to push it into the hall and another to cram it into the stairway door.))
    ((Rolls Strength for MJ, success))

    As Jiru shoves the nearest metal desk out of Security and into the middle of the 3-meter wide hall, the lift opens and five security guards storm out with guns drawn.

    "There! Take them down!" They each take a shot at Jiru, blaster bolts screeching down the hall.

    ((Blaster rolls of 9, 9, 7, 7, and 3, the last three are misses unless you roll a really bad Dodge and jump in their way. The desk could subsequently serve as 3D strength cover.))

    hmm.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((so 1 dodge roll does it for all of these shots? Or do I have to split my roll up for each one and lose dice?))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((One roll lets you 'dive for cover' versus all ranged attacks from one direction and type; you could Dodge the blasters by ducking behind the desk, but a grenade or missile would need a second Dodge to evade. Dodging each would make it feel like some crazy Matrix shenanigans.))

    hmm.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MJ dives for cover behind the desk, evading all of the blaster fire.
    Spoiler:

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Well, without any more player actions or questions, I got nothing to add as of yet.))

    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((What would it take for Cal to sneak-attack the guard with his vibroblade? At this point there's no avoiding a confrontation, and he can't afford to leave witnesses.))

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Just roll Sneak as you move (5 meters roughly, so that'll reach him fine), I've rolled his Perception already (The result was a 6; he doesn't appear to be very experienced or observant). If you succeed, you can take your first action without him being able to react until the next round.))

    ((Your Vibroblade also has a Medium base difficulty to wield; it's not nearly as light or ideally balanced as a normal blade due to vibrations, the power source, etc. So roll your 6D Melee Combat and pass with 13 or higher.))

    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cal does his best to approach the guard from the shadows, vibroblade at the ready. With luck he could end this encounter before it began.

    ((Sneak roll:
    Sneak. (2d6+1d6.open(6)=13)

    And in case that Sneak roll is good enough:
    Melee Combat. (5d6+1d6.open(6)=18)))

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Yeah, that's good enough (by 'his perception' I meant the guard's, wasn't entirely clear but 6 was his roll VS your Sneak)).

    The Kaleesh warrior dashes out from behind a desk and cuts the surprised guard with a blindingly swift low attack. The micro-pulsing blade leaves a thin, deep wound across his thighs as the man loses his balance and falls against the door frame, slowly bleeding. ((20 damage vs 8 Strength. The Guard is Incapacitated.))

    hmm.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Sooo...is it my turn again? And out of curiosity how would a stun gas grenade work if it went off in a small space like...say...an elevator?))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I was kind of hoping Horseshoe would take an action this round before tonight, so if he doesn't I'll just move him into the stairway and do the guards' turn, and then it'll be a new round for you to act.))

    ((I figure a gas grenade would probably fill an elevator pretty quickly, but you can't see the lift entrance up the hall from your spot; the doors must be around the corner.))

    hmm.gif
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Turn for Monday.

    Chen Kalmurra rushes for the stairway for cover, carbine at the ready. The five security guards shuffle themselves around and take better vantage points; one snipes from around the corner, one braces against the opposite wall, the other three stand low or kneel. Another hail of fire streaks down the hallway, two shots burst against the metal desk.

    ((The blaster shots do 5 and 9 damage respectively, leaving the desk Heavily Damaged. It will only provide -2D damage reduction to shots now, but with Jiru's good Strength and armor that's not a big deal.))


    Several moments of silence pass in that darkened second floor office, only the hum of ventilation and data consoles can be heard. The officer remains knocked out by the door.

    ((Moose and the gang are out of combat, and what they do next or where they go is pretty much all in their hands.))

    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cal searches the guard for restraints and his comm, hoping to use one and take the other. "Hopefully we can get out of here before he wakes up."

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Soooo...what do I roll to lob this here stun grenade into the mess o' guards? Dexterity?))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Yeah, Grenade's a Dex skill. I think I've got all the major weapon skills listed in the OP or second post. Just roll it and I'll see where it lands later. It's about 10m away so it should be a low Moderate difficulty to put it exactly where you want.))

    Cal gives the incapped guard a once-over ((rolls a 12 for Search, which suffices for his intents)) and removes a hand-sized stun prod from the man's belt. He takes the comlink off his wrist as well.

    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Is there anything I can tie him up with? Space-handcuffs or something?))

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I listed everything Cal found that could fit what you were looking for; the rest is knick-knacks and pocket lint, although he also has his ID cylinder.))

    ((He's probably going to be out for another half-hour and then be too weak to do much. Maybe one of you three has equipment that could be used as a restraint, or lock him in the room. I haven't really thought about it. His belt maybe? Someone can give me a Technical roll if they think of something to MacGuyver into a restraint, or Dexterity if it's just plain old space scout knot-tying with a rope-like object.))

    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I think Chen will mostly be screaming obscenities and firing his carbine at the guards over the top of the makeshift barricade... I probably won't be able to make a detailed IC post but at this point that probably sums it up.))

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((another grenade question- will Chen get caught by the gas at all? I'm a bit confused about distances atm))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((That's fine, we know pretty much where you are and I just want to know how you'll react to the guards. How many shots do you want to make? I'll have to look up carbine ranges but I think 20m shouldn't be more than 10 to 12 in difficulty; 3 shots might be doable, 2 would be more accurate.))

    ((The gas propagation depends upon the 'blast' range and not the difficulty to throw it. If it worked like a frag grenade you'd get the minimum effect (10 meters away), but be unaffected due to your air supply. I'll have to look up gasses. Were the gas grenades something I provided or did you suggest them?))

    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((stun gas? c'mon bountykiller, frag 'em. frag em hard.))

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I suggested them. Totally not out of the book))

    ((Also- Frag em yourself if you're so keen, Horse! :P))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Sorry I've been sorta inactive for the last couple days, work is coming into one of the busiest times of the year and I had to help get my store caught up. Fun times. Anyway, I'll be moving over to one of the terminals and poking around to see if I can't get the files we came for. Do I need to roll anything in particular, or is it the same kind of thing as getting the map, namely plug into a terminal and let it go to town?))

    Harek shook himself out of his stunned silence after seeing the guard incapacitated.

    Well, I'm really in it now. Nothing to do now but go on.

    Walking quickly to the nearest terminal, he sat down and looked for an appropriate interface for his datapad. While the program worked its magic, he turned his attention to finding security information about the building, particularly what was going on with his comrades.

    ((I guess that's just a straight technical roll for computer savvy, no? I'm basically looking to see if I can access security information from where we are, or if I need to go somewhere else? I assume if we flick on our comms, we'll hear the fracas down below since Chen mentioned he left his on...I'm working on an exit strategy at this point.

    3d6+1d6.open(6)=9

    Sweet merciful crap, IC hates me.))

    camo_sig2.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    With a flick of his finger, Mons Jiru turns on his internal air regulator and seals off his air supply. From behind the desk, he grabs a gas grenade and lobs it just slightly behind the guards, where it lands and begins producing copious amounts of stun gas.
    Spoiler:

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Harek Loell pops the nearest terminal on and does some browsing.
    ((Don't worry about the absence, the game's been able to work around one or two being silent. A 9 would be good enough to log into the workstation as a general user and get some basic inter-office information, but not any user-specific files or secure data; the datapad will perform its own search from there.))

    The building appears to be in a 'security situation' and under a silent alert. It suggests employees remain where they are, stay out of the halls, and perpare for updates if the situation is resolved or worsens.

    Assuming Chen and Mons are on the same channel as you, you'll pick up quite the ruckus of blaster fire and shouting when you turn it on ((I'll assume you five picked the same one, and are set to monitor the pilot's channel.)).

    The datapad executes its second hacking program in the background and begins probing system memory. This process is rather complicated and you're not able to follow its movements very well, noting only when it completes and uploads a fairly simple direction:

    "AR_D77 File found: Archive server T4A. Floor 9, Lab Aurek. Passcode found."

    Looks like the retrieval program did the hard work, but you'll need to put in a little bit of effort to grab the data out of the archives directly.

    hmm.gif
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Of course. Nothing's ever easy...))

    Harek shakes his head and mutters under his breath as he starts to collect his things. While he works, he addresses the other two.

    "Found it. We have to head to the ninth floor to pick up the goods. According to the internal networks, there's some sort of security emergency going on, which I have no doubt is our two blaster jockeys. If you ask me, it might be worth it to take a trip up to the 10th floor to visit the security station there before we visit the locked lab on 9. What do you guys think?"

    camo_sig2.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mons Jiru chucks his grenade right into the crowd, which in a second envelops them in a dense cloud of white gas ((13 succeeds)). The security team react by attempting to scramble out of the way as the cloud immediately begins to spread further out from that point. Choking and gasping can be heard, so at least a couple are about to pass out. One guard dives forward toward Mons Jiru's damaged desk barricade, bracing himself against its blast-ridden surface as he slides to a halt.

    Chen takes two shots into the stun gas but it's not clear who he hit, if anything. The sound of a lot of people running down stairs becomes audible from the stairwell above, which probably presents a bigger concern to Chen than the stunned guards.

    ((The gas has spread about 4 meters in radius, and will probably hit a weak maximum range of 10 following the next round and remain there for up to a minute.))

    ((That's MJ's and Chen's turn for this second round (having followed the guards' first action of shooting the desk), and then guards' reactions (taken as second actions, -1D)). It'll be their turn again in the next round.))

    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Very well," Cal says quietly. "Let's move quickly. See if you can lock this door on our way out."

  • Mad JazzMad Jazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Done"

    Harek finishes gathering his things and moves to the doorway. After everyone files out, he closes the door and does what he can to lock it.

    ((I know in the description of the offices you said there were multiple doors, so if there are I'll try to get all of them. Security ahoy!

    4d6+1d6.open(6)=17

    Hot damn, he'll be locked in until the building burns down.))

    camo_sig2.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I might as well start the new combat round on the first floor now, since it's the enemy's turn first)).

    Coughing hard, the guard pulls himself to his feet and draws his stun prod and jabs it in the bounty hunter's specific direction.

    Mons Jiru:
    Spoiler:


    Loell:
    Spoiler:

    hmm.gif
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((ffff, just looked at the map again and saw there was another office to plunder. Oh well.))

    "Ok guys, let's move. By the sounds of it, MJ and Chen are in the thick of it down there, so we need to hurry."

    Harek motions the other two to follow and starts off down the corridor toward the main hall, keeping an eye out for guards or cameras as he goes.

    camo_sig2.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((So I spent a CP on the dodge roll, and got an 11 (fail) with a 1 on the wild die)). Feel free to IC the ensuing shenanigans))

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
Sign In or Register to comment.