As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seeking dermatology advice about a minor problem

Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have zits on my shoulders and upper back. It's not a big deal, and I only get 'normal' amounts of zits on my face, which is to say not very much. What sort of topical treatment would you suggest for getting rid, or preventing breakouts from occurring on the shoulder/upper back area?

I really hate taking my shirt off because of all the old scars.

It's nothing to be ashamed of, but it's annoying and scratching it (doh!) has obviously stained a few white t-shirts with bloody tracklines.

Sol Invictus on

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i had bacne when i was a kid, not real bad but still it isn't fun... some people get it and some people don't.

any normal acne treatment can be used however, the only problem is you may have to have someone else apply it if you cant reach it.

you might be able to use a 'back brush' to get at it.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You can buy a body wash made by Neutragena which contains salicylic acid and is made especially for this. It's called "Body Clear Body Scrub." You can probably get it at any drug store.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would go to acne.org. They have a specific regimen for bacne which I heard seems to do the trick for a lot of people. Hopefully you can get it cleared up without resorting to benzoyl peroxide, because while that stuff does wonders in large doses, it's horrible on clothes. They also have a specific forum dedicated to it so you may be able to get some advice from people in there.

http://www.acne.org/back-acne-start.html

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The best topical cream for acne is the one composed of benzoyl peroxide, you also need to check if you are suffering of Constipation, which can increase toxins in your body.

There is a solution used by doctors for desinfection called HIBISCRUB, which can be used as soap, very good for acne too.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thanks. I'll try the Neutrogena stuff out first. If that doesn't work, we'll resort to more drastic measures.

Sol Invictus on