As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Games and Technology
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do
28ceds31ty6.jpg
You get points for registering your games and filling out surveys. The game and watch collection is the best prize.
# Earn Coins for registering Nintendo products and completing surveys
# Redeem Coins for limited edition Rewards
# Earn a set amount of Coins each year to gain Gold and Platinum status
# Create a Family Account and invite members of your family to join
# Register your newly purchased Wii console or Nintendo DS on Club Nintendo and extend your warranty
I think you might get something for Gold or Platinum status.
Registering a Wii game nets you 50 coins, a DS game gets you 30 coins, and Virtual Console/WiiWare games get you 10 coins. You can also earn 10 coins for saying you plan to buy a game and following through with the purchase, 10 coints for taking a survey about a registered game, and another 10 coins for a "Post Play" survey 4-6 weeks after that. Oh, and the Gold and Platinum statuses from the Japanese Club Nintendo are in the US version too. Anyone who earns 600 coins in a Club Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30) gets Platinum status and a free gift, while 300 coins gets you Gold status and a free gift (probably not as good as the Platinum gift, though).

Couscous on

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Do previously registered games count towards this?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Pretty sure the answer is no.

Edit: Right now people are having a hard time transferring old accounts to the new system.

Edit2: Now it is back to the coming soon page. Good jerb, Nintendo.

Couscous on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Couscous wrote: »

Pretty sure the answer is no.

Oh, well that is bullshit. Glad I haven't registered any of my games in ages.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is pretty cool. Wish it'd let me join though, so I can actually see what they give away.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well that is at the same time awesome and shitty. I've registered every single thing I've ever purchased that could be registered.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You can also earn 10 coins for saying you plan to buy a game and following through with the purchase

Wait, how does this work?

Say, cant someone with a DS game say they "want to purchase it", then register it for the 30 points for the DS game and get the 10 points extra?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So wait, all the DS games I've bought since 2004 and all the Wii games I've bought since 2006 mean jack shit?

That's retarded. I probably have something around 3000 points worth of both.

That being said, my goal will be to get one of everything available on the shop.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It looks like the answer is 'kinda'. Nintendo is requiring you to take a survey when you initially register your game. All future Nintendo-published games will have surveys, but only select older games will. This is the list of games released prior to Dec. '08 that will have surveys (stolen from FAQ)
    Wii Games
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
    Endless Ocean
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Link's Crossbow Training
    Mario Kart Wii
    Mario Party 8
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Mario Super Sluggers
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Wario Land: Shake It!
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    Wii Fit
    Wii Music
    Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
    World of Goo
    Art Style: Cubello
    Secret of Mana
    Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
    Tetris Party
    The Incredible Maze
    Digital Champ Battle Boxing
    Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
    Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
    Art Style: Rotohex
    Earthworm Jim
    Alien Crush Returns
    Home Sweet Home
    Space Harrier
    Brain Challenge
    Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
    Mega Man 3
    Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
    Target Toss Pro: Bags
    Space Invaders: The Original Game
    Forgotten Worlds

Nintendo DS Games
    Animal Crossing: Wild World
    Big Brain Academy
    Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
    Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
    Clubhouse Games
    Crosswords DS
    Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
    Hotel Dusk: Room 215
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Personal Trainer: Cooking
    Pokémon Diamond
    Pokémon Pearl
    Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    Mario Kart DS
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Nintendogs Chihuahua
    Nintendogs Dalmatian
    Nintendogs Labrador Retriever
    Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund
    Tetris DS

Someone who got through the registration today said some stuff is transferring over:
    Yes it did. If you upgrade and log in with your old My Nintendo account, go to "Earn Coins" and look at the To Do list. Do the surveys and get your coins.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Dear Nintendo:

Please bring the SNES classic controller over.

Or a N64 classic controller.

Please.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Dear Nintendo:

Please bring the SNES classic controller over.

Please.

I will buy the correct amount of Wii games necessary to get this item just to get this item.

Edit: So I just have to run through a survey of the games I've previously purchased? Not a problem to get my points.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Edit: So I just have to run through a survey of the games I've previously purchased? Not a problem to get my points.
    So far signs point to yes, but it looks like only that specific list of games are eligible. Though I haven't seen anything conclusive either way, I'm just putting 2+2+2 together with the "surveys are required"+list of games with surveys+dude who said he had a to-do list of surveys when he migrated from My Nintendo to Club Nintendo, so don't hate me when Nintendo decides to jack us all.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What do I need to register DS stuff? Does used matter?

When I heard about this I stopped registering my Wii games, but I've already registered a Wii and like 5-6 games. Since then Ive gotten a DS and a ton of used DS games, but don't know where the box for the DS is or anything. Can I register this stuff with info from the system itself?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've registered every single game that can be registered. I've even got GBA and Gamecube games registered. It would be awesome if they counted, I could probably get the Game and Watch Collection and something else right away.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I envy anyone who works at a blockbuster or gamestop that could easily grab codes from gutted games. :P

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Looks like it's back up.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Annnnnnnd it's back down.

Dammit Nintendo, lemme see what I have that can be used for coins, dammit.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wait, so how far back will this go?
    I have a huge list of codes that I never bothered to register since the zelda collector disc promotion

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Okay, so I migrated my account over but it's not showing nay games or anything for me to migrate over. Where are they?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm registered now. I have 0 Coins, but I can see my list of previous registered games from My Nintendo.

I can not figure out at all how to get coins or take surveys for the ones eligable though.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks like those old GCN games aren't going to be worth digging up.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp#vers

Info on what you can register. A list of games from '08, and everything from here on out, it seems.

Still can't find anything on how to get the games from that list that I registered previously (and my Wii) to count though...

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Okay, so I migrated my account over but it's not showing nay games or anything for me to migrate over. Where are they?

Me as well.

This is complete bullshit because I should AT THE LEAST get credit for the VC/Wiiware purchases.

Not to mention fucking Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Looks like it's down again.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This sucks. I remembered my email address, so I reset my password. But I forgot my username, and there is no way to get it.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    SirUltimos wrote: »

Me as well.

This is complete bullshit because I should AT THE LEAST get credit for the VC/Wiiware purchases.

Not to mention fucking Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk.

The FAQ says that all purchased games previous to this will be counted, but you'll need to e-mail Nintendo with some info (serial number, name, ect) and they'll do it.

But I cant figure out how to take surveys for previously registered games that it says are eligable...

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    zanmatto wrote: »
    This sucks. I remembered my email address, so I reset my password. But I forgot my username, and there is no way to get it.

My username WAS my e-mail address. Try that.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »

My username WAS my e-mail address. Try that.

you are a saint

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    God dammit there's only my most recent VC game in the "earn coins" to-do list and I have no idea what I need to do. All those previously registered games...

edit: I just found my "products registered" page. 40 items, 0 coins.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm in

nothing has transferred over (other than my username)

hmmm

Evander on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh sweet lord why did I thow away all those registration forms!!

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I am sad. I registered all my games but none of them seemed to be worth jack shit.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Jeez, right now they don't have diddly for a selection of stuff to buy. For anyone that knows, is the selection for Japan better?

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Jeez, right now they don't have diddly for a selection of stuff to buy. For anyone that knows, is the selection for Japan better?
    In Japan at least, all the sweet stuff comes at the end of the year. If you hit Platinum status they'll offer a few bonus items you can spend the coins on.

Past items have included:

snes_peripheral_yes_really.jpg

miimote-cg-covers.jpg

Yes, they would engrave your Mii's face into a battery cover and mail it to you.

super_mario_galaxy_ost.jpg

nintendo_ds_lite_premium_is_premium.jpg

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's funny because I own two of those things.
    I wouldn't mind a second SNES controller though, and I don't want to pay insane prices again.

I still have a ton of games that are eligible for registration, but I can't seem to convert my account.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, now I cant log in at all - it says my username or password is incorrect. I'm going to give it 20 minutes or so to hopefully sort things out, then I want my damn points for games I registered previously, although I'm thankful I was lazy enough to not register anything from my new DS, and a good chunk of Wii games that I see on that list.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is there any way to register products without those little papers?

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think more things, such as the surveys, will probably come online over the next few days. This is the first day, isn't it? I bet they're still uploading everything and turning it all on.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is this site supposed to do something other than ignore me when I try to log-in?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Motherfucker. I'm trying to register and it seems stuck on the "Enter e-mail address" part.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok so I don't remember my username or password from the old nintendo page where I've registered eveeeeerything. How do I go about retrieving this crap? The "Forgot" link on that site is a piece of shit.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
This discussion has been closed.