As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC:City Folk - Serena is a dirty dirty whore

KorKor Known to detonate from time to timeRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Games and Technology
ANIMAL_CROSSING__City_Folk_by_xTerrified.png

Our player and town data can be found HERE
We also use the wiki for Fossil and Gyroid trading.

So whats up in February? Time to find a friend whos native to moon speak:
2kocbm.jpg

So whats new in City Folk? Well, to be honest, not a whole lot. City Folk takes all the stuff that was dropped in Wild World, and all the new Stuff in Wild World, adds some stuff here and there, and thats about it. It really is a case of more of the same, but thats okay, some of us are cool with that.

An example here would be that Wild World had a possible 140ish animal villagers, whereas City Folk has around 210.

So, to make your town better, or just to simply make money, you need tools. However, all tools have upgrades and features. This list is how to find those tools and what they do:
Axe: 400 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Axe: Serena (after throwing an axe into the town fountain)
Golden Axe: Serena (after throwing an axe into the town fountain)

The difference: Silver axes will never break. Golden axes will also never break, and cut trees down much faster.

Net: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Net: 500 bells from Nook's shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Net: From Tortimer after catching every bug.

The difference: the Silver net is a bit bigger than the normal net, while the golden net makes catching bugs 'a breeze'

Shovel: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Shovel: Resetti Surveillance Center
Golden Shovel: Bury a Shovel for one day.

The difference: a Silver shovel gives you a 10% chance for more bells when you're smacking rocks. The Golden Shovel allows you to plant Bell trees.

Fishing Rod: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Rod: 500 bells from Nook's shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Rod: From Tortimer after catching every fish.

The difference: Silver rods have better lures than normal rods, making fishing a bit easier. Golden Rods 'is a real fish magnet!'

Slingshot: 500 bells from Nook's Shop
Silver Slingshot: 500 bells from Nook's Shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Slingshot: Balloon (after shooting at least eight balloons)

The difference: The silver slingshot fires two bullets instead of one, while the Golden slingshot fires three.

Watering Can: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Watering Can: From Nook's Shop after buying 50 bags of seeds
Golden Watering Can: From Town Hall after maintaining a perfect town for 15 days straight.

The difference: The silver watering can has a wider radius for sprinkling water. The Golden can can save dead or dying things the silver can cannot.

So now you're interested enough to play? Well good. Here is a good pic to get your started:
Males
guyfaceslh1.jpg
atm3pf.jpg
Females
ACCFGirls.png
21b9blu.jpg

See, when you start the game, you'll be asked a set of questions. Those questions determine what your face will look like. Of course, you have the option to use your Mii face as well. The hair guide is for the saloon thats found in the city.

When asked for color, the following will help.
Hair Colors:
Warm
Safe-light brown
Lighthearted-yellow/blonde
Fiery-orange
Flirty-pink

Cool
Mysterious-Dark Brown
Fresh-Blue
Attractive-green
Radiant-White

Finally, the best way we make money around here is the Stalk Market. Here's how it works.

A lovely (old) warthog names Joan will come to your town on Sunday between 6am and noon. She'll sell you turnips in bunches of 100 for around 100 bells a pop. After that, everyday from Monday thru Saturday, you should ask Tom Nook how much he's buying turnip prices for. These numbers range from 50 to 800. Typically, if you've got anything over 200, we share this information on the forums so that other villagers can take advantage of this great deal. As a curtesy, we usually drop a 10-15% tip for the person whos hosting this giant sale. One thing to watch out for though, is your turnips will go bad after Saturday, so make sure you sell them before then.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
Kor on

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Don't we already have a thread for the game?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh man. The BAB face just sold me on this game.

Jubeh on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's a neat, uh, calender.

And hold on a second, turnips are ten a stack and not 100? Suddenly the stalk market isn't as enticing as it once was compared to a twice-weekly fruit haul.

EDIT: Oh, good.

Sorenson on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sorenson wrote: »
    That's a neat, uh, caleder.

And hold on a second, turnips are ten a stack and not 100? Suddenly the stalk market isn't as enticing as it once was compared to a twice-weekly fruit haul.

Nope, thats a typo. :P

Kor on
  • BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kor I have a kitten from your town which I believe I have to bring over.

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Barney, what time are you usually up playing?

I have visited your town on a few occasions when your gate was open, but either couldn't find you..or found you just standing there.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Barney, what time are you usually up playing?

I have visited your town on a few occasions when your gate was open, but either couldn't find you..or found you just standing there.

I tend to pop into the game on and off throughout the day, no real pattern. Mostly during advert breaks in the evening etc.
    Was there anything in particular you were after?

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Not really, just trying to do social visits when I get the chance...or check out other town's shops to see if there is anything that catches my fancy.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    BarneyL wrote: »

Does an hour work for you? 4:30 Mountain time.

Kor on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    *Scoffs* I was NOT born there! *upturns nose* ;-)

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited December 2008
    Kor wrote: »

Does an hour work for you? 4:30 Mountain time.

I should still be about then, will check every now and then for the next hour.

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Alright barneyL, the gates are open, under TeaParty's name.

I tried to add you on the wiki, but your code on the wiki and the code Teaparty has is nowhere near the same thing.

Kor on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sneaking home this afternoon. I need to pull up some weeds and see if my sword arrived.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would like to play if I could pry my wife off of this game.

troublebrewing on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, flubbed another snowman. That's two total, and I think I'm only missing two or three pieces (Bed and Couch for sure... possibly Dresser as well).

Oh well. I'll have 'em by the end of the week for sure. Unless they start sending me duplicates. >_<

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    edited December 2008

I tried to add you on the wiki, but your code on the wiki and the code Teaparty has is nowhere near the same thing.

Something isn't working right. I see you on the list of people to visit but then get an error code (86420) which apparently means there is a network/firewall issue of some sort. Have tried restarting the game but with no change.

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008

Something isn't working right. I see you on the list of people to visit but then get an error code (86420) which apparently means there is a network/firewall issue of some sort. Have tried restarting the game but with no change.

Try opening your gate. we'll see if we can get to you.

edit: apparently someone else came to visit, so its not on our end. :(

You're trying to visit Tea, right?

Kor on
    edited December 2008
    okay so lets fix some confusion.

Currently when I try to enter BarneyL's friend code, it says it doesn't exist.

TeaParty has Barney on the friend roster, but the code she has is the code next to JPBrowncoats name.

So Barney, what does your friend code say it is, in game?

What do other people have listed for Barney's friend code.

Kor on
    edited December 2008
    Here's my friends code straight from in game:
    4726 1752 6639 (Barney in Barnton)

It could be my internet connection which does seem to be a little unreliable tonight.

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The days when Nook is remodelling is like AC's version of patch day...

I did just catch a bee though.. after a few days straight of being stung no less than 4 times each day.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited December 2008
    The error was some sort of firewall issue. I had to set the Wii up with a fixed IP address and then set it up as the DMZ server on my router (putting it outside of the firewall completely).
    I have no idea why I had to do all this when it's worked fine before.

Having said that I've just been booted home from your town.

BarneyL on
    steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The error was some sort of firewall issue. I had to set the Wii up with a fixed IP address and then set it up as the DMZ server on my router (putting it outside of the firewall completely).

If you don't want to DMZ your Wii, you can always just open up all ports to it.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited December 2008

Sorry about that. We were in a bit of a hurry for some last minute xmas shopping.

Kor on
  • Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woo, new thread!

Some random notes:

- Vyolynce: thanks so much for picking up an extra snow globe, you rock! Any gyroid that you want or anything else you would like, just let us know.

- Sporky: we still need to hook up to find the lost kitten, just let us know when a good time for you would be and we'll see what fits over here.

- I've added our list of gyroids to the Gyroid Trading section of the wiki, in case anybody wants to look for something they want.

- Side note on the wiki: I don't know what is standard operating procedure on the wiki, but I've noticed sections that use the wiki markup and sections that use the HTML. Is there a preferred method of adding/editing content on the wiki page? I thought it might be the wiki markup but I figured I'd ask in case I was wrong. Thanks!

Mathew Burrack on
    "Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woo new thread. Brainiac 8, my spare snowglobe is all yours. I'm going to be busy the next few days (I wonder why?) but should be able to hook you up with it early next week (maybe earlier depending on how crazy Christmas gets).

Cullen on
    edited December 2008
    - Vyolynce: thanks so much for picking up an extra snow globe, you rock! Any gyroid that you want or anything else you would like, just let us know.

The only one I want/need right now is a Mega Poltergoid.

Although I picked up a Mini Croakoid the other day if you and Mrs. Froggs wants it.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I realized I am going to be on travel away from my Wii the rest of this week. And Nook decided to close down today to upgrade ... meaning I am sitting on a pile of turnips (only 80K worth, though) with little prospect of selling. So if anyone has turnip prices over 100 tonight (I am at work until 6pm EST) and can open your town, let me know :) I

UreshiiAkuma on
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sweet! In for new thread.

I just got my Nook N Go last night. I'm digging this 1am deal. Still no slingshot though and so many balloons......

wusoldjr on
    edited December 2008
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    I just got my Nook N Go last night. I'm digging this 1am deal.

Yeah, my wife and I really miss that. :(

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yeah I have a feeling I need to unload my turnips also since a lot of people will probably be gone for holidays...

my bastard of a Nook has only been offering like 65 bells :(:(:(

troublebrewing on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Damn. I haven't checked my town since Saturday. BAH I say!

urahonky on
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Although I will probably be a bad person and time travel to the 24th tonight because I want to see Jingle :)

UreshiiAkuma on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tomorrow and the 25th are days-off for me, and the party happens here so I won't be going anywhere. If I get a spike I'll tell you. I should hope so because I got 700K worth of damn turnips.

Djiem on
    edited December 2008
    Cullen wrote: »
    Woo new thread. Brainiac 8, my spare snowglobe is all yours. I'm going to be busy the next few days (I wonder why?) but should be able to hook you up with it early next week (maybe earlier depending on how crazy Christmas gets).

Yay, thanks Cullen. Hopefully I'll get to play some tonight.

Djiem...quick question. Have you got me added yet? for some reason I don't seem to see a heart next to your town yet.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Damn. I haven't checked my town since Saturday. BAH I say!

I hope you have bed head. :)

Djiem wrote: »
    Tomorrow and the 25th are days-off for me, and the party happens here so I won't be going anywhere. If I get a spike I'll tell you. I should hope so because I got 700K worth of damn turnips.

Yeah, I'll be off and probably at home for the rest of the week, although Thursday could be dicey. We're usually out all Friday night for FNM, but if we have a good price we can leave the gate open.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Back to normal service, well bar the lack of Wii compatible internet at the inlaws. I take it this snow globe was a nice trinket but not worth faffing with time travel for?

I've just realised I've never met Jingle. I think he/she wasn't in WW due to over the top political correctness and I didn't play the original over Christmas.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited December 2008
    - Side note on the wiki: I don't know what is standard operating procedure on the wiki, but I've noticed sections that use the wiki markup and sections that use the HTML. Is there a preferred method of adding/editing content on the wiki page? I thought it might be the wiki markup but I figured I'd ask in case I was wrong. Thanks!

Yeah, that was me and TeaParty.

We were just playing with the other features to see what potential we had. The calander is a bitch to make it pretty otherwise.

I think when you log in, its always HTML my default, so many people are probably just using that.

Kor on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Involving Wild World.

How do you keep your gardens (flower areas) from getting trampled on by guests?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    edited December 2008
    Kill them

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Kill them

Yeah, basically. That's why Nintendo uses Friend Codes: so you know who you're playing with (more than once...) aren't assholes or worse.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif