Options

More 360 disc read errors

DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
After checking just about every source I could find, I've hit a brick wall. I have no idea what could be going on here and I figured I'd try one last time to see if anyone has any ideas. I've read through a few of the threads posted here on 360 disc read errors, but none seemed to act the same as mine.

I bought CoD W@W for 360 about a month ago, and right off the bat multiplayer wouldn't work. It would cause a disc read error. The odd thing is that every other part of the game works flawlessly, even co-op (split screen and live). But when I click on the multiplayer, the disc spins up, then stops and gives me an error. When I try to join a game in progress it does the same thing.

I tried clearing the cache and playing it without the HD attached but still nothing. I exchanged the disc for a new one, but it did the same thing. I just tried it on my cousin's 360 and multiplayer works..so it's obviously my 360 and not the disc. The weird thing is that it happens every single time, and only on that game...I have never gotten a DRE before and MP runs perfectly for CoD4. I even installed the game to the HD so it's not reading it off the disc and STILL it gives me a DRE. It's not even supposed to read the fucking disc.

My 360 does freeze sometimes on other games so I assumed it was on it's way out and ordered my coffin, but it still hasn't shown up yet. In the mean time is there any other possible fix I could try to get W@W working online?

sig2-2.jpg
Dangerous on