As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS2 will not recognize disc

ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
While playing Persona 4 my PS2 started making a weird noise, however everything else was fine at the moment. As soon as I started a battle the game froze up and I had to restart. Now the PS2 will not recognize if there is a disc in the drive or not, all I get is the opening screen of the PS2.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thetheroo on

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Your PS2 just bit the big one. Sounds like your disc drive burned out. I'd suggest looking for another one.

At least it's only a PS2. You can get a new one for $120 or so, maybe even less.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fuuuuucccckkkkkk.

FUUUUCCCCKKKKK.

Dammit, I was really wanting to finish P4 and money is a bit tight at the moment.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I bought a secondhand PS2 at a local game shop. It only ran me $45, and that was two years ago. Your best bet is to call around and do some asking:

1) How much for a good-condition used PS2?

2) I have an old one that's stopped working, would you be willing to trade it in for a discount on my used one?

Around here (Michigan), I've seen units for $40 - $75 for used PS2s.

I hope you have luck finding one.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?