As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RROD & my new xbox360....

gvandalegvandale Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
So I've had a feeling that my old xbox360 was going to die soon, and it finally did last night (new years eve)! RROD and I was pissed. Well, it was an OLD xbox360, so I'm not too pissed. I went out today and bought a new xbox elite, and I'm curious how I'll get my saved data from my old xbox to my new one.

I bought a memory card so I can transfer everything, but what are the steps?

Do I boot up my new elite with the old hard drive, and start the copying process? Do I have to turn off the xbox everytime i swap the hard drives?

Current Game(s) List: Disgaea 4 (PS3) & Dead Island (XBox 360)
PSN Id: gvandale
Xbox Live: Darth Vandale
gvandale on

• Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If they still offer them you can order a data transfer cable from Microsoft. They're free, it just takes a while to get them.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I just talked to microsoft and they are sending me a cable, but it's going to take weeks!!! The girl was nice enough to explain the transfer process for now, so I'll just transfer a couple saved games that I'll have to play in the mean time.

Thanks for the help!

gvandale on
  • Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When I got my elite I just used my old hd on it until my cable came in. It sucked not having the extra space, but anything you put on the elites hd is gonna be erased when you transfer the data anyways.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GlassGlass Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    I'm still surprised by old Xbox 360 hasn't gotten the rings yet. Admittedly it's not the oldest model, and I've gotten it a couple of times (which resolved within minutes); just nothing permanent yet.

Glass on
    315if11.png
    currently playing: left 4 dead, wrath of the lich king
    :arrow::whistle:
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so update time...

I got everything transfered over to my elite, and things are going fine....until I play L4D online, then the sounds SKIPS. Like a choppy CD, the sound just goes to shit. I have zero problems with any / all of my other games at any point, but L4D online just breaks the sound down horribly....

Any ideas as to what this might be? I cleared my cache last night hoping that might be it, and it wasn't.

gvandale on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    May be a silly question but do you have L4D installed to the Hard Drive? If so, did you do it before or after the transfer to the new hard drive. May be worth a try re-installing if it was installed before the transfer. If not, glare at it, then call the 360 names till it stops.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had this problem with Banjo Kazooie when I first installed it. Delete it and reinstall it, it fixed the problem for me.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My 360 RRoD'd yesterday and it was one of the Halo 3 limited edition ones. I thought the problem was supposed to have been ironed out?

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    My 360 RRoD'd yesterday and it was one of the Halo 3 limited edition ones. I thought the problem was supposed to have been ironed out?

Minimized would be a more appropriate term.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    May be a silly question but do you have L4D installed to the Hard Drive? If so, did you do it before or after the transfer to the new hard drive. May be worth a try re-installing if it was installed before the transfer. If not, glare at it, then call the 360 names till it stops.

I had installed it on the HDD, but when I noticed the sound issue I deleted the install and cleared the cache...still skipping sound issue!

gvandale on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Did a little digging and found nothing, have you tried deleting it, and running it like normal? I hate to say this but it may be something with the system itself if it still appears when using the game just via the CD. (though I highly doubt it).

Have you tried any other games and experienced glitychy sounds?

Also, I didn't ask before but, are you using a digital out for audio instead of stereo? (ie. HDMI instead of the good ol' red and white RCA plugs)

Amikron Devalia on