As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reality TV Bro!

13»

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I can't wait for the veteran guy to flip his lid.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    from the previews, it looks like he flips out on the punk chick. also, i totally see veteran guy and mormon dude have a bromance. i was kinda grossed out by both of them towards the end of the episode when they were talking about the tranny and making speculation and just being pricks about the whole thing.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The vet is way too concerned about his roommates sexuality. The shit with him and the mormon guy on the boat was ridiculous. He can't fathom the fact that the guy isn't gay and he seems to like to point it out.

Also he he was kinda of blunt with JD when they were grilling him over his dinner plans. It's like they didn't want him to have a private conversation with the tranny for a second there.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i hope the final episode is an hour long firing squad special

every one of these degenerates up against a wall

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Front page of the Daily Mail here in the UK is how Big Brother star Jade Goody has only a 40% chance of surviving her battle with cancer.

Go cancer!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A-fucking-mazing

The "theme" of Tool Academy this week was fidelity. They sat each couple down for the therapy session and played a video where a makeup artist flirted really heavily with each guy to see if he would pick her up. Most did not hesitate to do so and got yelled at by their doormat girlfriends.

But when it was Shawn's turn to have his video shown they decided to drop a bombshell. A girl walks through the door and says she is his girlfriend of SIX YEARS. That is more than the girl who sent him to the academy, so they called seniority and kicked the other girl out.

Then, for some reason, one of the girls was acting like the 6 year girl didn't deserve to be there. She didn't justify it really well and I think her real issue is that she and her boyfriend are not interesting enough to really stick around and win the whole shebangabang.

Tiny Tool's girlfriend is easily the least attractive on the show. This goes for the guys, girls, and the elderly relationship therapist. She knows this and freaks out more than anybody else because it is the only thing that will keep the couple on the show. Her jaw was hanging open in shock for the first half of the episode and there wasn't even anything about her boyfriend going on

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    11qk1om.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    ubernekouberneko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The best reality show was I'm With Busey

Which was largely scripted, but still

What a beautifully bizarre slice of television

The Wiki said they improvised mostly everything :/

uberneko on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Gary Busey is the craziest motherfucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70q2ei7zeo

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    uberneko wrote: »

I honestly can't believe that show was scripted.

It was basically just Busey ramblign about whatever the fuck.

Granted, him and Christopher Walken are among the very few who can just talk about anything and be hilarious.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm not going to watch those videos, but I'd like to know. is Tool Academy about becoming a handyman, or being the biggest and best toolbox that you can be?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ubernekouberneko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    uberneko wrote: »

I honestly can't believe that show was scripted.

It was basically just Busey ramblign about whatever the fuck.

Granted, him and Christopher Walken are among the very few who can just talk about anything and be hilarious.

Yeah that's what it said about it being improvised, was that Busey just fucked around the whole time.
    The show made an effort to appear to be as completely real as possible. However, it was later revealed that much of the show was improvisation. Busey and de la Pena would agree on a scene's contents, and then improvise their lines. The show became increasingly bizarre as it went on, reflecting either a conscious decision by the actors to gradually let the audience into that world, or greater familiarity with the concept. This was clued at a few times by how bizarre Busey became towards the end of the show, whether it be sticking plugs into cow's anuses (to prevent methane expulsion and global warming) or traveling to an electronics store and remarking that a digital camera could one day be engineered to kill de la Pena's mother. Busey appeared to enjoy making a clever spoof of himself, playing on the audience's belief that he was out of his mind following his near-fatal motorcycle accident.

uberneko on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    emericana wrote: »
    man the first season of the Mole was bomb as shit

Yes it was.

I still enjoy Amazing Race too - despite obvious points in the game where a task is setup to make sure every team catches up with each other. It's still fun to see all the places they end up going and some of the challenges are pretty cool.

Does Ace of Cakes count as reality tv? Because I love my Ace of Cakes.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You can never tell if Busey is acting or if he is serious.

Never, ever.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    friends are just enemies in reverse.

We are seeking the the magical indian that i know to exist at the center of the nexus of all worlds.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man I love Tool Academy.

When that girl walked in, I almost shit myself. I can't even imagine what Shawn was thinking.

Also that little shit from Jersey needs to get kicked off already.

I think the final 3 are going to be Matsuflex, Shawn, and Rob. They get the most screen time and are the most interesting.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Whats that reality show made by that fascist sheriff in Arizona? The one where they trick criminals and then arrest them?

I saw 13 seconds of that, then started mailing explosives to fox studios.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    True Beauty is the best. Those people are such human garbage.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    okay, I just watch the tool academy promo, and apparently, i was completely off base. it doesn't look terrible

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's pretty terrible. They really should be calling it "Doormat Academy", because the bigger issue here is that these girls don't seem to understand that having your guy cheat on you and slap you around IS a sign that you need to get the fuck out of there. Stop trying to hang in there because you "invested so much time" in trying to make things work

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No you're wrong the guys can change

Daric on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    If Daric was capable of being super buff he would totally want to be on the show. He'd throw a chair during the therapy session.

Like, a foldable chair that he always carries around with him. Every time they say the guys have to do something the chair would be airborne

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I would flip over my cot on the first day and then refuse to put it back to normal.

I would sleep on the flipped over cot.

Daric on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    The best channel is Fox Reality

Much like normal Fox channels it shows only the most retarded original reality shows

Actually there's one about sheriff's department trainees that's not too bad

Me Too! on