Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

John Barley[chat]

• Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2009
    It's Than's berfday? Happy berfday!

Spoiler:
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    His name is Mike Man

steam_sig.png
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I decide whether a person is a threat before I'll go full bore with my views, usually. Other times I just wait for them to say something exceedingly stupid.

I tend to regard everyone as a 'threat'. I'm rather sensitive to confrontation. I don't always show it, and I'll usually give as good as I get, but it took me a while to get over the 'burst into tears' reaction. As it is I still flinch internally.

Oh I rather like confrontation, so long as no one's going to get injured.

DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I decide whether a person is a threat before I'll go full bore with my views, usually. Other times I just wait for them to say something exceedingly stupid.

So did you hear that 9/11 was actually done by the reverse vampires in conjunction with the Rand corporation.

• MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Michael Mann, actually. I'm a director!

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I tend to regard everyone as a 'threat'. I'm rather sensitive to confrontation. I don't always show it, and I'll usually give as good as I get, but it took me a while to get over the 'burst into tears' reaction. As it is I still flinch internally.

Oh I rather like confrontation, so long as no one's going to get injured.

I think I was just hit too often as a child to really enjoy confrontation. I enjoy challenges, and passionate debates, but not so much anything beyond that.

That, and you liking confrontation doesn't particularly surprise me.

---

Alright, Mike. Invitation sent. It's the one with the weird name you've never seen before.

edited January 2009
    I enjoy confrontations because I look at them as opportunities to prove myself. With that in mind I project a strictly non-confrontational persona. Because I like surprising people.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    I think I was just hit too often as a child to really enjoy confrontation. I enjoy challenges, and passionate debates, but not so much anything beyond that.

See, that would be someone getting injured which isn't really so much fun. Although if someone punches me over an argument I see that as proof that I've won.
    Tav wrote: »

So did you hear that 9/11 was actually done by the reverse vampires in conjunction with the Rand corporation.

Yes. I've heard many other things too. Have you?

DAMM
    edited January 2009
    I enjoy confrontation and I know that's a bad thing. What the hell is wrong with you people.

Spoiler:
    edited January 2009

Yes. I've heard many other things too. Have you?

Um, yeah... that was just the most exceedingly stupid thing I could think of at this hour of the morning...

• PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

See, that would be someone getting injured which isn't really so much fun. Although if someone punches me over an argument I see that as proof that I've won.

Oh, I haven't had a confrontation result in violence for.. eh... 6 years now? Maybe 7. But that instinct is still there.

Debate is fine, though, as long as the person I'm debating can maintain an objective opinion and refrain from insults.

---

Due - There's a difference between confrontation and debate. Though I tend to project a 'don't mess with me attitude' as well, although for different reasons. 1, the way I walk throws people off because of years of martial arts training (never mind the fact that I'd never hit someone unless they attacked me first). 2, I'm blessed with an almost unnatural amount of the gift of gab, so when I do talk, I sound knowledgeable to the average person, so that tends to intimidate people (annoyingly so). 3, I'm weird, so that again tends to keep people at arm's length.

• AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I heard that Cheney actually shoots and cannibalises the corpses of friends on hunting trips, then blames the result on "hunting accidents".

edited January 2009

Oh, I haven't had a confrontation result in violence for.. eh... 6 years now? Maybe 7. But that instinct is still there.

Debate is fine, though, as long as the person I'm debating can maintain an objective opinion and refrain from insults.

---

Due - There's a difference between confrontation and debate.

Eh which difference are we talking about here? Do you mean just physical confrontation then?

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    I enjoy confrontation and I know that's a bad thing. What the hell is wrong with you people.

Why is it bad?

DAMM
    edited January 2009
    Passerby your wedding pictures are awesome

man i love weddings

i should get on this shit

edited January 2009

Why is it bad?

I define it as such since the vast majority of people are offended and turned off by aggressive argument styles.

Spoiler:
    edited January 2009

Eh which difference are we talking about here? Do you mean just physical confrontation then?[/QUOTE]

I mean anything that involves a significant level of anger and an intent to fight, not discuss. If someone's just yelling, or talking angrily and overriding anything the other person has to say without trying to communicate, I'd call that a confrontation.

---

Mike - Heh, it was a good wedding. The fact that Dyr's so damn cute helps. You should see Rad's wedding photos.

Also, yes, I recommend at least finding a consistent lover, if not actually getting married. It doesn't make life easier, perse, but certainly more bearable. :^:

edited January 2009

Why is it bad?

I define it as such since the vast majority of people are offended and turned off by aggressive argument styles.

Well then maybe they should stop being wrong and acting on wrongness in ways that hurt innocent people.

DAMM
    edited January 2009
    Well then maybe they should stop being wrong and acting on wrongness in ways that hurt innocent people.

Not being aggressive doesn't make someone wrong, dammit.

And yes, I realize you may just be joking with this comment. :P

edited January 2009

Eh which difference are we talking about here? Do you mean just physical confrontation then?

I mean anything that involves a significant level of anger and an intent to fight, not discuss. If someone's just yelling, or talking angrily and overriding anything the other person has to say without trying to communicate, I'd call that a confrontation.

---

Mike - Heh, it was a good wedding. The fact that Dyr's so damn cute helps. You should see Rad's wedding photos.

Also, yes, I recommend at least finding a consistent lover, if not actually getting married. It doesn't make life easier, perse, but certainly more bearable. :^:[/QUOTE]

Oh. Got it. I like confronting angry people who have the intention to fight while remaining calm and expressing whatever sentiment I have coherently. It's fun.

So yeah I enjoy confrontation.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    rad and quid's wedding photos are awesome but that's standard knowledge

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Folk music OP? Seriously?

I think I preferred Achewood.
    What music do you like, Than?
    Besides 80's buttrock, I mean.

Though I really would like to know what music you like. :)
    Classic rock. OK Go.

edited January 2009
    holy shit El Cielo is really fucking good

edited January 2009
    Fuck you, DUE, and fuck you Hippie.

I'll have whatever kind of fucking birthday I damn well please.

edited January 2009

I'm not, really. But that wasn't the point. The point is that views that are incredibly fucked up need to be confronted. This will result in confrontation.

DAMM
    edited January 2009
    Fuck you DUE, and fuck you Hippie.

I'll have whatever kind of fucking birthday I goddamn well please.

edited January 2009
    yeah happy bday mister flanatos

edited January 2009
    Classic rock. OK Go.

Really? That's it?

You're so.. so.... Simple. D:

Oh, and you'll have a happy birthday, dammit, whether you like it or not!

• AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If it's your party, you can cry if you want to.

Or go on a homicidal killing rampage with a chainsaw.

edited January 2009
    Classic rock.
    Spoiler:

\m/

edited January 2009

Looks like a certain old man is smiling on the inside.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Better to be over the hill then buried under it.

edited January 2009
    thanatos are you implying that your appreciation of modern music begins and ends with "OK Go"?

edited January 2009

I'm not, really. But that wasn't the point. The point is that views that are incredibly fucked up need to be confronted. This will result in confrontation.

So you have to go out on the attack to disagree with someone? :| That's just a rant, what's the point? If you can't actually discuss it with them, there's no point in yelling at them.

edited January 2009

Somebody's cake is going to be a blazing inferno this year.

Spoiler:
    edited January 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    thanatos are you implying that your appreciation of modern music begins and ends with "OK Go"?
    That depends: is Guns 'n' Roses considered "modern?"

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Somebody's cake is going to be a blazing inferno this year.
    That'd be an awesome birthday - roll out a fantastic looking cake, then just empty a jurycan of petrol on it.

edited January 2009

Looks like a certain old man is smiling on the inside.
    Die in a fire.

edited January 2009
    Jurycan? What strange Aussie lingo is this?

edited January 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    That depends: is Guns 'n' Roses considered "modern?"
    If I poop on you is that a hate crime

This discussion has been closed.