As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]ka mad? [chat]ka real mad.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I made the entire sandwich in the refrigerator, without closing the door

This is the best way to make a sandwich.

I made a drink in the fridge when I got home tonight.

Incenjucar on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The first sandwich was so good I decided I wanted a second one. I made the entire sandwich in the refrigerator, without closing the door. This is probably the best sandwich I've ever made in this fashion. Also, I rewarded myself with some almond toffee from Colorado. What a great night.

Dude, what the fuck, that's awesome. You did it in the fucking fridge.

I want a sandwich.

Sarksus on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The first sandwich was so good I decided I wanted a second one. I made the entire sandwich in the refrigerator, without closing the door. This is probably the best sandwich I've ever made in this fashion. Also, I rewarded myself with some almond toffee from Colorado. What a great night.

I've never made a full sandwich that way. it seems I've become the learner.

then again I haven't tried recently because our fridge beeps if you leave the door open for more than about 15 seconds.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009

If you don't have to compress the sammich in a skin of Saran wrap to eat it, it's a sub-par sammich at best.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited January 2009
    You will know you are in my kitchen because the fridge has lots of bread crumbs in it.

Incenjucar on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    I should mention that these were the bastard "folder" sandwiches, so not really the real thing. Still, ham, swiss and dijon is maybe the best three-element sandwich that exists. Reuben takes four elements.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2009
    Actually, no, sammiches are white bread sandwiches. If it's encased in an actual bread roll, it deserves to be called a sandwich.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Variable wrote: »

then again I haven't tried recently because our fridge beeps if you leave the door open for more than about 15 seconds.

The fridge beeping is a test to you to see if you comply with meaningless commands issued iwth no authority. It's not like after three beeps your fridge grows teeth and slams itslef shut with you still standing there.

Though it would be pretty cool.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2009
    I need to go buy some Swiss.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I prefer turkey over ham.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited January 2009

The fridge beeping is a test to you to see if you comply with meaningless commands issued iwth no authority. It's not like after three beeps your fridge grows teeth and slams itslef shut with you still standing there.

it's loud and grating though.

Variable on
    edited January 2009
    Actually, no, sammiches are white bread sandwiches. If it's encased in an actual bread roll, it deserves to be called a sandwich.

It's a whole wheat bread slice fold-over. I'm not sure about the classification of that one.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh man Elendil, that kevin smith video (and the others that went with it) were fantastic.

People dog on Kevin Smith but the guy is funny as hell.

It's also amusing that Prince is a huge Dogma fan. Dogma is also my favorite Kevin Smith film.

Ludious on
    edited January 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    I prefer turkey over ham.

no doubt. turkey or chicken is how I start most of my sandwiches.

actually I shouldn't even talk. I haven't had a respectable sandwich is probably 6 months.

Variable on
    edited January 2009

It's a whole wheat bread slice fold-over. I'm not sure about the classification of that one.

A "mess?"

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited January 2009
    I like salami, pepperoni, ham, and provolone. On Italian bread.

Sarksus on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

You totally have to add Fridge as some modifier to the D&D d20 Sandwich Making Instruction post.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited January 2009
    I need to go buy some Swiss.

I prefer the muscular swisses like Jarlsburg or gruyere, but I went with baby swiss on this outing. Baby swiss melts nicely and plays well with other sandwich elements.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2009

Obeying that fridge is what's keeping you from becoming a jedi.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

That sounds fucking awesome. I wish I had that right now.

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2009
    Gruyere's too sweet for my tastes, but I can sit there and eat Jarlsberg all day.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited January 2009

With italian dressing, right? It's fine, but kind of heavy and dago for my tastes.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2009

Obeying that fridge is what's keeping you from becoming a jedi.

it's like when Luke goes into the cave area and sees his face in Vader's helmet.

Variable on
    edited January 2009
    Fridges beep now?

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2009

Capicola, too.

There's a deli next to my work, they make the greatest sandwiches there. They're huge and they cost seven dollars, the same as something you might get from Subway.

Sarksus on
    edited January 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Fridges beep now?
    Just Vari's, since it was provided by the Jedi Recruitment Office.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2009
    Org tell me where there's a good Jew deli around Atlanta. You all know each other, right? I need some fucking lox.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited January 2009
    Fridges beep now?

it saves me from wasting energy so it's worth it. sometimes, especially if I've smoked, I would just open the fridge and stare and if there's nothing to eat period or even nothing I want I just keep looking waiting for something to jump out. the beep makes me go woah, I'm wasting energy and my life.

Variable on
    edited January 2009

With italian dressing, right? It's fine, but kind of heavy and dago for my tastes.

No I usually eat it plain. I enjoy the taste of the meat and cheese well enough alone.

People make fun of me for it, but they're not right.

Sarksus on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fridges beep now?

It's a temperature alarm. So your food doesn't spoil.

It's funny how as time goes by we get more and more paranoid about food temperature, but I can remember as a kid going to family functions and food being left out ALL DAY, and people going back throughout the day and into the night, and never hearing of anyone getting sick.

I think our precautions with food, while for our own good, go above and beyond what is actually necessary.

Ludious on
    edited January 2009

Capicola, too.

There's a deli next to my work, they make the greatest sandwiches there. They're huge and they cost seven dollars, the same as something you might get from Subway.

Mortadella is some bullshit. Bologna with big lard chunks. WTF Italy?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You're the piece of gold
    That flashes on my soul
    Extra time, on the ground
    You're my playground love
    :whistle:

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2009
    No I usually eat it plain. I enjoy the taste of the meat and cheese well enough alone.

I'm a pretty big fan of not using sauces and condiments.

Incenjucar on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    fucking love gruyere

wish I had some right now

Medopine on
    edited January 2009

Capicola, too.

Mortadella is some bullshit. Bologna with big lard chunks. WTF Italy?

my dad's grandmother used to say it was the dead bodies of all the people who died in world war II.

it was never very popular in my home.

Variable on
    edited January 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Fridges beep now?

It's funny how as time goes by we get more and more paranoid about food temperature, but I can remember as a kid going to family functions and food being left out ALL DAY, and people going back throughout the day and into the night, and never hearing of anyone getting sick.

I think our precautions with food, while for our own good, go above and beyond what is actually necessary.

It's not about food spoiling, it's about bacteria.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited January 2009
    Also D&D I just ordered this blazer:

10280-727109-d.jpg

Mostly because it's called "Waits".

It's color is somewhere between burgundy and "rust" and it's totally shapeless. Still, I wanted a kind of distinctive blazer I could wear casually, since I'm making every effort to be dress-up guy now.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2009
    Also D&D I just ordered this blazer:

10280-727109-d.jpg

Mostly because it's called "Waits".

It's color is somewhere between burgundy and "rust" and it's totally shapeless. Still, I wanted a kind of distinctive blazer I could wear casually, since I'm making every effort to be dress-up guy now.

Ugh bad shape. Too boxy.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited January 2009

I'm a pretty big fan of not using sauces and condiments.

I don't really have a problem with them but seriously, the meat and cheese tastes so fucking good. They use Boar's Head provisions, and it's fantastic. A sandwich from that deli is one of the few things I really enjoy.

Sarksus on
    edited January 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Fridges beep now?

It's not about food spoiling, it's about bacteria.

That's what I meant.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.