Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Why does my ipod nano hate videos?

ForarForar #432Already prepping for Toronto Fan Expo!Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I asked a few weeks ago for advice as to how I might put videos on my ipod (8 gig nano), got a few helpful responses, and now I have all that I wanted on my ipod. Which is awesome.

My new problem is this; the videos won't automatically advance. Whether I play them from a video playlist or from the "movie" directory of the ipod, they do one of two things; loop the same video until I go into the menu and select another, or stop and require me to advance the selector to the next video and hit start.

While this isn't a big deal when I've got The Dark Knight (thank you, special edition free download) running, it's a bit annoying in -20C weather when I need to take off my glove to get the ipod to advance due to a protective case, and it happens every five minutes with shorter clips.

Oddly, Itunes behaves exactly like I want it to; I open playlist or movie section, hit play, and it cheerfully advances to the next movie just fine.

Any idea on how I can make my actual ipod behave like itunes?

Forar on