Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MOTW 1-7-2008 NAMBLA edition

2»

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2009
    Green wrote: »
    Marvel Zombies.

Black bolt - Wilson...Oh, Wilson
    *turns to see Fisk eating some woman*
    Fisk - What? I eat when I'm upset.
    Spoiler:

How was she alive? I didn't see her in any panels.

...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How was she alive? I didn't see her in any panels.

It was explained in an earlier issue that he'd been protecting her from the others, keeping her hidden in his home.

edited January 2009
    Ha, thats pretty brutal.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Probably late as fuck but I just read Incognito

Holy. Shit.
    I read it last night too, it is pretty awesome.

I will hopefully be getting it today or tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • descdesc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    desc wrote: »
    Moment of the week: the buildup to the last page of Sub-Mariner.

Wow. Easily my favorite book Marvel is publishing right now, and I've always thought Namor was the lamest character ever.

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about Namor before (apart from his old speedo costume). I've always thought of him as Aqua-man done right.

I think it boils down to me never seeing how an aquaman/namor character really fits in with a bunch of normal super-heroes. The "king of the seas" character either comes across as a dork out of water whose power is to boss around trout except they're standing in the middle of Manhattan, or you'd have to have a bunch of heroes in scuba gear fighting a shark-themed villain because Dr. Doom took a vacation that month.

Namor flying and being super-strong doesn't seem to have anything to do with being an aquatic king. Why would you evolve to have little ankle wings on the bottom of the ocean?

Also he needs a new beautician, because his current eyebrow plucking needs to calm way, way down.

Having said all that, I was shitting bricks when I got to the last page of The Depths #5. I don't even have a guess as to how the last issue is going to wrap up. I mean ... do they go to atlantis? Do they all die? What about the film reel?

• kdrudykdrudy Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Marvel Zombies.

Black bolt - Wilson...Oh, Wilson
    *turns to see Fisk eating some woman*
    Fisk - What? I eat when I'm upset.

Machine Man was rad as always in most of that too. I'm going to have to get the trade for this one for Zombie Deadpool and all the Aaron Stack kick-assery.

tvsfrank.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Wow. Easily my favorite book Marvel is publishing right now, and I've always thought Namor was the lamest character ever.

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about Namor before (apart from his old speedo costume). I've always thought of him as Aqua-man done right.

I think it boils down to me never seeing how an aquaman/namor character really fits in with a bunch of normal super-heroes. The "king of the seas" character either comes across as a dork out of water whose power is to boss around trout except they're standing in the middle of Manhattan, or you'd have to have a bunch of heroes in scuba gear fighting a shark-themed villain because Dr. Doom took a vacation that month.

Namor flying and being super-strong doesn't seem to have anything to do with being an aquatic king. Why would you evolve to have little ankle wings on the bottom of the ocean?

Also he needs a new beautician, because his current eyebrow plucking needs to calm way, way down.

Having said all that, I was shitting bricks when I got to the last page of The Depths #5. I don't even have a guess as to how the last issue is going to wrap up. I mean ... do they go to atlantis? Do they all die? What about the film reel?

Namor's the original Marvel super-hero, and the first modern super-hero. Hell, he fought in WW2.

I think the super-strength is from being a humanoid thing living at under incredible pressures, and the flight is because I don't know, he's a mutant.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    He's got ankle-wings because he was invented over two hundred years ago and people thought that was awesome back then. Had to fly somehow. Alright?

• HayasaHayasa Registered User
    edited January 2009
    They're not wings, they're actually the feet of the conjoined twin he ate in utero. The twin was the mutant, and his ability was flight.
    Spoiler:

• AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

He hated it when Namor actually showed up in the comic.

PSN; AlbertBOMB
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Algertman wrote: »

He hated it when Namor actually showed up in the comic.

Symptoms are not causes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Was this in this week's Spiderman?

spidermanwithboltpistolec3.jpg

He's holding a Warhammer Bolt Pistol.
    Pistoletbolter.png

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Looks more like some sort of grappling gun judging by the thingy on the front end. Assuming it was a bolt pistol though...why does he have it? :lol:

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's a gun designed to inject the Molten Man antidote, from what I gathered.

• SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to say Invincible Iron Man #9.

(Real Spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

heavensidesig80.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to say Invincible Iron Man #9.

(Real Spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

My guess is that tony is
    Spoiler:

Scorpiohank.png
    edited January 2009
    This thread needs more Marvel Zombies 3.

aaron5.jpg

I was pretty lukewarm on the previous Marvel Zombies books. Though I thought it was innovative to focus on the zombies as protagonists, it wasn't especially interesting. But using Machine Man and Jocasta as the stars of this one, and letting them pulp a ton of zombies in true splatterhouse horror fashion was a stroke of genius.

Even if you disliked the previous Marvel Zombie books, I have to recommend this comic to you. It's a wonderfully dark, funny book packed to the gills with mayhem and dusted off B-list heroes.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I still think Marvel Zombies v.s. Army of Darkness is the best thing to come from the whole thing, but Marvel Zombies 3 is still pretty good.

• ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I loved the first Marvel Zombies, and the Army of Darkness crossover was indeed quite good. Really didn't care for what I read of the second series, though, and I'm not sure I'm sold on the third based on that scan. I do hear it's good, though, so maybe I'll check it out.

pygsig.png
    edited January 2009
    Can someone explain something to me about the end of Marvel Zombies 3?
    Spoiler:

edited January 2009
    Spoiler:

• ChorazinChorazin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
2»