Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The '09 forumer opinion thread

• NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    I was intimidated because I had stood up to say hi to Butler and suddenly a line formed to talk to me. You don't do that shit to someone with social anxiety.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2009
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So many jerks?

Fuck you buddy!

edited January 2009
    Nads wrote: »
    I was intimidated because I had stood up to say hi to Butler and suddenly a line formed to talk to me. You don't do that shit to someone with social anxiety.

i think i was trying to get around you and then you said hi to me

not even kidding for a second

(i didnt know who you were)

edited January 2009
  • ValVal Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    if i didnt give an opinion it's because you smell

With my nose, what's your point?

• Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You guys rule. Each and every one of you is unique like a snowflake.

<3

edited January 2009
    like i knew who you were
    but i didnt know what you looked like

aint my fault there was a line. Glad we met though! You're rad! I've been over this.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nads wrote: »
    Oh.

Oh.

me and nads shared breakfast at pax!

in a seedy diner which a hobo showed us.

don't hate.

• BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User
    edited January 2009

<3

I like how you refer to yourself as "quite a unique fellow" on your myspace.

You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I actually recognize the vast majority of the names on the list.

Since it was brought up earlier, I actually did participate in Ranx's Lurker Opinion Thread. That actually got me to post more, so I'd say that was a good thing overall. (Your mileage may vary, though.)

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Since it was brought up earlier, I actually did participate in Ranx's Lurker Opinion Thread. That actually got me to post more, so I'd say that was a good thing overall. (Your mileage may vary, though.)

We still need to hang out sometime. It'd be easy since you live maybe two miles from me, or some ridiculously close distance.

edited January 2009
    Dave is one of my favorite people.

3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Dave is so damn cool to hang out with.

Also he was way taller than I thought he'd be, but I kind of expected a leprechaun

edited January 2009

<3

^__^;

edited January 2009
    dave is one of those dudes i never thought i'd hang out with at PAX and then did, and I am better for the experience

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino legally competent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    well here's my shot at this. heavily abridged.

The Far Side: not sure what the big deal was with the banning, but you're alright. choom gang indeed.
    Nads: you are a chill dude, and i'm lookin forward to more hanging outs.
    Skull Man: you flow like a river spittin rhymes fast arrows straight from a quiver. your comic edits ain't so good but your raps are well understood.
    Munkus Beaver: i would not want to be opposing counsel if you ever get in to litigation. kinda sad i missed Drunkus Beaver, too :P
    Mister Longbaugh: didn't get to chat with you too much, but you seem like a rad dude
    Moriveth: glad you and Rachel got the overseas thing worked out!
    Vivixenne: boobs. and good advice and hilarious insights. and good advice about boobs. did i mention boobs?
    Mysst: my filipino brother! although i'm sad about the fro being gone...
    Hacksaw: Forumer who looks the least like his handle '08
    Silmaril: classiest bloke
    sarukun: friendly dude, wished i got to hang out some more.
    Belruel: best person rockin' the Rogue hairdo.
    Burden of Proof: goddamit
    Usagi: your posts are consistently awesome in some way.
    ChicoBlue: good god man can i have some of your art talents?
    beavotron: good lord woman can i have some of your art talents?
    Janson: i didn't know that much cheer could come from one person
    robothero: Mr. O'Thero is a classy irish robot.
    Rankenphile: another person i wished i had more time to hang out with.
    scarlet st.: tragically hip. also has a filipino fetish :P

basically everyone else is fairly awesome. except Shibby.

ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009
    edited January 2009
    I miss PAX. I was talking with Polago about this and moving to America is still something I really want to do.

If I can take a job break or something I may do it, cause there's a new 1 year working visa out that I qualify for. I'd be hanging with everyone!

edited January 2009

<3

^__^;

:v:

You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

Also he was way taller than I thought he'd be, but I kind of expected a leprechaun

I love when people think I'm going to be shortish and then I show up and everyone is shocked!

• omega71omega71 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am so glad I never make these lists..

I am way cooler than that.

edited January 2009
    I miss PAX. I was talking with Polago about this and moving to America is still something I really want to do.

If I can take a job break or something I may do it, cause there's a new 1 year working visa out that I qualify for. I'd be hanging with everyone!

even me?

edited January 2009

I love when people think I'm going to be shortish and then I show up and everyone is shocked!

I bet you all expect me to be a bear, all feasting on salmon I caught with my claws out of a river, all snarling and getting into your trash cans. All getting relocated by park rangers.

But I am not a bear.

sorry guys.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009

<3

^__^;

:v:

^__^;

edited January 2009

I bet you all expect me to be a bear, all feasting on salmon I caught with my claws out of a river, all snarling and getting into your trash cans. All getting relocated by park rangers.

But I am not a bear.

sorry guys.
    next you're going to tell us you've never actually been in space

ffNewSig.png
    edited January 2009

even me?

absolutely!

I can say the same about you, I never expected to hang out with you at PAX. But I spent alot of time with you and bel and it was awesome and PAX was the best trip of my year cause of all the people I met.

• ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ASimPerson wrote: »

We still need to hang out sometime. It'd be easy since you live maybe two miles from me, or some ridiculously close distance.

Are you actually in SJ? In which case it isn't two miles, but yes it is still ridiculously close. Definitely need to do games or MST3k sometime.*
    Spoiler:

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
    edited January 2009
    Yeah I'm in San Jose.

And yeah, we totally need to hang out. I'm unemployed starting next week, so time will be pretty plentiful until I can get a new job.

edited January 2009

even me?

absolutely!

I can say the same about you, I never expected to hang out with you at PAX. But I spent alot of time with you and bel and it was awesome and PAX was the best trip of my year cause of all the people I met.

out of curiosity, it's not the J visa you're talking about, is it?

ffNewSig.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PART ONE
    Spoiler:
    I have to go play volleyball now bye!

EDIT: Part 2 is here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=8493642&postcount=821

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bel is wrong, that was a say nice things thread.

This thread is not about nice things.

It's about opinions.

well i guess i mix that up since almost all of my opinions on forumers are nice things

how many duders are ever even negative in these threads?

edited January 2009
    oh what was scarlet st. on there?

FUCK

Scarlet St. : Sam, you are amazing. I seriously had a blast hanging out with you, and I seriously hope I can raise enough money to go to LA to hang out with you once again

• Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Belruel wrote: »

It's about opinions.

well i guess i mix that up since almost all of my opinions on forumers are nice things

I gave you a totally mean one not ten minutes ago!

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fuck y'all. I am doing this whole thing for real. Not even gonna pussyfoot, just gonna be straightforward.
    Spoiler:

www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
    edited January 2009

even me?

absolutely!

yeah from what I was reading there's a new J visa that gives people who've finished our equivalent of high school a chance to work in America for 1 year.

• VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    BLAKE SKYPE SUCKS IT IS NOT SENDING MY MESSAGES I AM GOING TO VOLLEYBALL NOW SEE YOU LATER BYE LOVE YOU MWAH

• DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The vast majority of people here are pretty awesome

The not so awesome people are generally weeded out or develop into awesome people later on

rqv6.png
  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Belruel wrote: »

It's about opinions.

I gave you a totally mean one not ten minutes ago!

but saying a lady is polite is a great compliment!

now i only have to learn to bake an apple pie while wearing high heels and learn to shut my sass-mouth, and i will be the perfect bride!

edited January 2009

even me?

absolutely!

yeah from what I was reading there's a new J visa that gives people who've finished our equivalent of high school a chance to work in America for 1 year.

thought so.

yeah if you find a US sponsor who'll help you out with it, go for it. it's a great way to stay in the States for a year, and you might be able to find ways to extend your stay under another status, if you want to hang out longer.

ffNewSig.png
    edited January 2009
    It is amazing that a forum sprung from a webcomic could be so typically fantastic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.