Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Sketch Dump McCraw - PA Contest WIP (page 2) - NSF56K

2»

• crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2009
    I dunno, you guys, I'm kinda losing steam on this one (good news for you, though, I suppose); it's becoming increasingly apparent that I haven't the skill to pull this off to the extent I was hoping, and given the other entries already posted, and the other forumers who haven't put anything up yet, if there's anyone not going to win this, he's put up a two-page thread with 9 progress paintings, two underpaintings, and 7 composition sketches (can we say flood?). The nail in the coffin was my figuring out that the ribs just aren't going to work with the spacing, curvature, and width they've got right now, so no matter how I do it, I'm going to have to make some pretty major changes. Kind of weak to give up over something like that, and with so little (relatively speaking) work having gone in this, but coupled with the realization of my dubious rendering abilities, even a successful change wouldn't do much in the long run. So, maybe the last one of these for a while.

painting9.jpg

d1painting9.jpg

(First "full-sized" detail)

Try putting your donger in a dishwasher and see how that comes out.
2»