As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX MISinformation (Contents of this thread are false)

• Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, everyone at PAX is just there desperately trying to recreate the magic that was E4All.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    We cant diss E4All...

I mean they had fatal1ty. PAX has to settle for Wil Wheaton.

parabola on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    And stupid gimmick acts like the Minibosses and Jonathan Coulton.

PAX is seriously weak.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    man, this went from misinformation to outright opposite day

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

It's still misinformation.

parabola on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For example, Moe Fwacky is actually the director of the shadow government put in place in the event that the regular government is obliterated by nuclear assault.

What the regular government DOESN'T know is Moe's plans to use his position as a staging ground for a massive coup d'etat, seating himself, Jonathan Coulton, Adam West, and the exhumed remains of Jimi Hendrix as the leaders of a new Pastafarian Theocratic government.

Sorry that I told the secret, I just th- hey, someone's at the door. I wonder what they wan---- uuuuasdh ;jn of

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For example, Moe Fwacky is actually the director of the shadow government put in place in the event that the regular government is obliterated by nuclear assault.

What the regular government DOESN'T know is Moe's plans to use his position as a staging ground for a massive coup d'etat, seating himself, Jonathan Coulton, Adam West, and the exhumed remains of Jimi Hendrix as the leaders of a new Pastafarian Theocratic government.

Sorry that I told the secret, I just th- hey, someone's at the door. I wonder what they wan---- uuuuasdh ;jn of

NWOCCST?

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm not at liberty to discuss the New World Order.

- Ouch, ouch, okay! -

I don't know what you mean by New World Order.

- No, don't kill my cat, I'll cooperate -

NWOCCST? I have no idea what those initials stand for. Surely you must be mistaken.

- Oh God, not my toenails -

ZZzzzzzt (Transmission terminated)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Bizarro.jpg
    and the bridal exhibit the week after pax is fucking riveting!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

That sounds like the greatest government ever!!

I mean, uh, the most horrible?

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A RAVE AT PAX IS A GREAT IDEA AND WOULD BE AWESOME!

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I heard the WSCTC employees even hand out ecstasy for free to everyone going to the rave!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, all the convention center staff people are awesome, and the enforcers suck..

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well of course, they're handing out the illicit substances!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The most common way to get around in the WSCTC is to ride Slip 'n Slides that are watered by Bawls.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    The most common way to get around in the WSCTC is to ride Slip 'n Slides that are watered by Bawls.

That would be really awesome actually heh.

parabola on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »

tease

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thats cause bawls is found in plenty at PAX, so much so that they had to create giant slip and slides to help dispose of it, or was it help us with great quicker means of consumption?

(how sad is it that this once was so true)

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    BIG NEWS UPDATE!!!!

This years keynote speaker has be revealed as a resurected Boss Tweed coming to talk about the new Teapot Dome scandal MMORPG!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fact: If you go to the roof of the WSTCC, Rock Band 3 is set up. But it can only be played by bees. Millions of them.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fact: The annex building isn't closed for renovation this year. Instead of tabletop, that's where the real PAX is, but none of us are invited.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fact: PAX is actually taking place in Pike Place market. The Omegathon winner will be determined by the most amount of successful fish catches.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The Omegathon winner will be determined by the most amount of successful fish catches.

This would actually be a good idea.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    lol! Actually... yes! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fact: PAX is actually taking place in Pike Place market. The Omegathon winner will be determined by the most amount of successful fish catches.

Winner proposal imo

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man, I would totally do the Omegathon then.

And win.

jonxp on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fact: iPhones will be banned from PAX. People bringing iPhones will be required to swap their phone out for one of these:
    450px-2007Computex_e21Forum-MartinCooper.jpg

Wifi will also be banned, because it interferes with Jonathon Coulton's hair styling.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I take it you have once been a corporate man and are taking a cue from the Fish Philosophy?

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fact: iPhones will be banned from PAX. People bringing iPhones will be required to swap their phone out for one of these:
    450px-2007Computex_e21Forum-MartinCooper.jpg

Wifi will also be banned, because it interferes with Jonathon Coulton's hair styling.

eww, i gotta swap my iphone for some old guy? lame.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh! Ironically Redhalo, I've never been a corporate man: but the Department of Housing and Residential Life at Sac State treated its Resident Advisors like they were in a corporation.

Indeed, I was forced to sit through the FISH philosophy video during my RA training. It was pretty silly. =) But you did call it: that was where I first learned about the fish catching. =) Pretty much the only thing I took from it =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh! Ironically Redhalo, I've never been a corporate man: but the Department of Housing and Residential Life at Sac State treated its Resident Advisors like they were in a corporation.

Indeed, I was forced to sit through the FISH philosophy video during my RA training. It was pretty silly. =) But you did call it: that was where I first learned about the fish catching. =) Pretty much the only thing I took from it =)

Aye, that was all I took from it either. And I've had to sit through it from two companies. That being said, it was a pretty cool thing to see it first hand in Seattle, but that's not the point of this thread. CATCHING FISH IS EVIL KIDS!

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

I take it you have once been a corporate man and are taking a cue from the Fish Philosophy?

I had to watch that video a while back when I got a summer job at target.

It was actually kinda cool, not the philosophy part, just the fish part.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think i watched the Fish Philosophy video in high school lol.

Azazel on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only food available at PAX will be Marmite sandwiches. In both brown and white bread varieties. Petitions for vegamite have been heard but thankfully ignored.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Gorram, I wonder how much money they made off of that stupid Fish video. It sounds like they sold it to everyone and their mom... and it wasn't even a good video.

Obviously, the secret to success isn't to follow the FISH philosophy: it's to make a stupid and obvious video like the FISH philosophy and sell it to unsuspecting corporations. =) lol

But I digress. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    At Penny Arcade Expo...video games play you!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Mike and Jerry will personally sign your doctor's excuses to get you out of work and school.

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    jonxp wrote: »
    Mike and Jerry will personally sign your doctor's excuses to get you out of work and school.

If you caught them at a free moment they more than likely would, that's not misinformation.

redhalo on
  • Options
    AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Washington State Convention Center was chosen as the location of PAX because orbital mind control lasers (with the possible exception of #14) cannot target those coordinates.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Barack Obama will be giving the keynote address, and admitting to the world that he's addicted to Team Fortress.

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.