As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Multiplayer DS games

HerschelHerschel Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Coworkers and I have a long plane ride today, and we're looking for some fun DS games to play. We have the standards, Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS, but they're growing a bit stale. I'd love to hear about some fun MP games that are recent or obscure.

Good qualities:
- LAN play, preferably single-cart
- fun
- emphasizes trash talking
- dicking over your opponents, maximum 'dickability'
- easy to pick up
- requires strategy, but not a lot of experience required (e.g. usually one person is really good at snaking in Mario Kart and always wins -- bad)

Herschel on

• Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Worms: Open Warfare 2 is amazing for all of that (not sure if it has single cart though). Just don't get the first one, it sucks.
    Trackmania DS is also fun, and has single-cart play.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    just gonna say that pretty much any sports, driving or strategy ds game will have multiplayer as its main feature.

so maybe something like age of empires?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    Worms: Open Warfare 2 is amazing for all of that (not sure if it has single cart though). Just don't get the first one, it sucks.
    Trackmania DS is also fun, and has single-cart play.

Worms Open Warfare 2 fits his description perfectly, it's even quite cheap now. Some very fun modes in that game, a level editor, it's great.

It has single card multi with at least two players, BUT there is a crippling bug where you get desynced every 5 or so matches and you get to watch as all your opponents blow themselves up and thow themselves into the water until it says ERROR.

Of course it also has hotseat play.

Worms is fun even if you lose, it's great to shoot yourself in the face repeatedly. I hate judging power with the bazooka so I basically jetpack/rope everywhere and drop bombs right next to people.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    A BearA Bear Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not to sound like a broken record, but Worms 2 should pretty much fit the bill perfectly. If you had ever tried and enjoyed those multiplayer "tanks on a hill" games the Worms series is pretty much the ideal version of the genre.

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]