As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SFII HDRemix: Your Shit is Going Get Kicked in the Fuck!

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Where do I get one of those fancy sticks at? I can't find the discussion about it in this or the SFIV thread.

SkutSkut on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have a new respect for T Hawk. And his totem.

chamberlain on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have a new respect for T Hawk. And his totem.

All will bow to Thomas H. Hawk.

EDIT: Also, just so you guys know, Slayer and I have known each other for about 10 years now, so if you ever hear us talking shit and acting like assholes (that we are) to each other online thats why.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
    edited January 2009
    I thought there was a little chemistry there.

:winky:

chamberlain on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Where do I get one of those fancy sticks at? I can't find the discussion about it in this or the SFIV thread.

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001M25AY6/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited January 2009
    I wouldn't call it chemistry, as much as just two good friends.
    gross.jpg

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Grr, I got the invite from SlayerVin earlier but I was playing Fallout 3 on Windows and the TV to which my 360 is hooked up was occupied. I feel like I missed some good games :(

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is going nowhere good...
    62z993r.jpg

I have a girlfriend, I swear!

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Huh. Didn't notice Folken Fanel was a girl.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2009
    So... I'm pretty sure The Sneak needs to be our 32nd to enter our tournament. He played some fantastic Fei Long tonight.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Until I get a controller with a D-Pad that doesn't suck a special brand of ass, I'll pass. I die too easily trying to pull off certain moves, and instead end up either jumping in the air, or doing the wrong move entirely. But those were some fantastic games tonight, everyone. :) Sorry about my voice.

The Sneak! on
    edited January 2009
    so what? Just join, dammit. Oh no! I'm gonna suck on this PA tourney my life is the ruined

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When does this tournament start?!

Paradox Control on
    \
  • JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah dude I too am playing on this shitty d-pad. It's not like anything is on the line.

Jubeh on
    edited January 2009
    i use the analog stick

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2009
    I have this friend, who bitches to no end when he's losing. Hes not even that bad either, but it drives me nuts. Tonight, bullshit was declared on the fact that Cammy could not do wake up moves. I don't know shit about Cammy, nor do I know shit about wake up moves, but his reason when I questioned him was "It should just do a fuckin' wake up move!"

All the while, he was getting knocked down by sweep kicks from Ryu.
    He also wishes there was a Block button, instead of having to hold back to block.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man February can't come fast enough so I can ditch the dpad and get the SFIV stick. Using the dpad I can only get Chun's super off half the time, and that's usually after I've jumped in the air while going from back to forward.

TheSuperWoot on
    edited January 2009
    I have this friend, who bitches to no end when he's losing. Hes not even that bad either, but it drives me nuts. Tonight, bullshit was declared on the fact that Cammy could not do wake up moves. I don't know shit about Cammy, nor do I know shit about wake up moves, but his reason when I questioned him was "It should just do a fuckin' wake up move!"

Tell him he only has 1 frame for the wake up move to come out.

Jubeh on
    edited January 2009
    Jubeh wrote: »

I'll remember that. Though I can hear his response now "Thats bullshit, it should be easier" haha.

I did some matches with Cammy tonight. Shes not as bad as I thought. I didn't know you could cancel the kick on her QCF+P, which is pretty awesome. Also the grab from QCF+P with F+K or B+K is pretty nice. Figured out that if you time it right you can snatch people right out of the air with it.

One thing I need to get better at is doing moves when releasing my button press. Usually I just tap the button, but I'm going to try to hold the button more often. It really helps when your trying to get moves off quickly from what Ive seen so far.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The limited edition in red's d pad is fantastic.

Meiz on
  • hyperpowerhyperpower Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not sure if this has been mentioned... are any of the achievements in this bugged?
    Achievement whoring aside; I have had many, many perfect rounds in arcade mode and it simply wont register.
    When online it says "Perfect round" and I get nothing in arcade.
    Thoughts?

hyperpower on
    edited January 2009

Also tell him that every attack move in the game is a wake up move. That should shut him up.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tell him to do a shoryuken on wakeup. As soon as he starts to reply with a WTF cammy doesn't have that move? cut him off and say "Go home and be a family man!"

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited January 2009
    Cammy's light thrust kick is amost as good of a wake up as Ryu's light dragon punch, you just need to piano it or have really good timing.

chamberlain on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay, fine, I will join the tournament, if there's still a spot left. But if I lose, my life is ruined.

The Sneak! on
    edited January 2009
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    Okay, fine, I will join the tournament, if there's still a spot left. But if I lose, my life is ruined.

Yes! Just PM MNC Dover as per post #2's specifications and we can get the ball rolling on this thing.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

edited January 2009
    I think if we lose in this tournament we should cut off one of our fingers.

It's like money-matching Yakuza style.

Jubeh on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good matches Charles.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    had some good matches with bones just now.

Also, I talked to my ISP today about getting me a modem that doesn't force me to closed NAT, so I'll have that by mid week and should be able to accept invites more than 10% of the time!

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited January 2009
    I think if we lose in this tournament we should cut off one of our fingers.

It's like money-matching Yakuza style.

I'm unsigning up for this tournament.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    i use the analog stick

I use both at the same time.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited January 2009
    mind. broken.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited January 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    i use the analog stick

I was reading that you can hold back/down charge with the dpad or the stick and then move forward/jump with the other. Is that true?

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SlayerVin wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    i use the analog stick

I was reading that you can hold back/down charge with the dpad or the stick and then move forward/jump with the other. Is that true?
    Down charges do not work, left/right does however. So you can do a walking sonic boom (and probably get reported for cheating).

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    hyperpower wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned... are any of the achievements in this bugged?
    Achievement whoring aside; I have had many, many perfect rounds in arcade mode and it simply wont register.
    When online it says "Perfect round" and I get nothing in arcade.
    Thoughts?

I want an answer too,same thing here.

SkutSkut on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *Please read the whole post, I know it's long, but it's important that we are all on the same page.*

Alrighty. I've got the PM from The Sneak! and we are ready to do this 32 man tourney! Whoo!

After about 2 hours of work, I finally got the brackets and player info finished which I've spoiler tagged at the bottom of this post. This will be added to the 2nd post by Folken Fanel at some point. We'll be getting things started on Monday. Once Monday gets here, please do the following:

-PM your opponent to set up a time to play based on their posted times. DO NOT set up match-ups in this thread as it will cause a lot of clutter.

-Play your matches according to the rules. Play a best of 3 games with the winner being the one who get 2 wins first. Each game is played in a 5 round format. After a game is over, the winner MUST keep his same character, but the loser has the option to change characters. For example:

Player 1 chooses Balrog and Player 2 chooses T.Hawk. Player 1 dominates the first match up taking 3 rounds in a row. Game 1 ends with a victory to player 1. Player 1 must choose Balrog again, while Player 2 decides on whether or not to switch characters. Player 2 switches over to Zangief and they play again. This time, player 2 wins a close fight 3-2. Player 2 must now keep Zangief and Player 1 decides to stay switch to Ryu. In the last game Player 1 is victorious and wins that set and moves on in the tournament. Player 2 falls into the loser's bracket and awaits his next opponent. In both of their next set of games, either player can start fresh with all new characters. Wash, rinse, repeat till we have a champion.

-After the games are over, one or both players than posts up the results. You can be as detailed or sparse with the info as long as we know who won. WWE style light hearted trash talk and congratulations are encouraged before and after the matches. This is especially true of players who don't think that their skills are up to snuff. Get in the spirit and have fun!

-Let's try and knock out as many rounds as possible. If it's a weekend and you can play quite a few games, it will help speed things along.

-This is double elimination, so if you lose you are not out for good. Also notice that players that lose in the winners bracket will go to the reverse part of the losers bracket. This helps avoid players fighting the same person again and generally keeps the match ups different. Don't worry, I'll update the bracket as we go so you know where you land in the next round. PM me if you want to know right away and I haven't updated yet.

-Once we are out of the 1st round of the loser's bracket (meaning 16 people have been eliminated), it will be appreciated if the remaining matches are posted in the thread so that people that are out can spectate on the remaining matches. The last set of rounds can be viewed by up to 4 additional players. In order to spectate, you must follow these rules:

The two players will specify a date, time, and host of the round. You must either PM, message on XBL, or beg in the forum to watch their game. When the two players make a room, it will have 6 slots with 5 friend slots. Join the game and watch them play. The two players that make the room will wait in the lobby for about 5 minutes or until all of the spectators are in. Once the game is over, ALL of the spectators must LEAVE THE ROOM. This allows the loser to become the next player. The players will wait in the at THE RUSULTS SCREEN. Pressing "A" will send you into the next match and slow things down. I would HIGHLY recommend everyone join a party chat to ease things up.

-Finally, when we get to the final rounds (starting with letters "M" and "N" on the winner's bracket) I will be recording the matches bootleg style from my camcorder. I'll need to be one of the spectators in each game in order to make this happen so the timing will be a little more difficult to coordinate. Once the footage is taken, I'll make it available on my youtube page and link it here in the forums.

That's about it. Sorry for the long winded post, but I wanted to make sure I covered anything. If you still have any questions after reading the above, please ask them before we start playing on Monday. You should be able to find everybody else through PASFHDR's friend list otherwise you can just add them to your XBL account. Some people may not be ready on Monday, so just try and start as soon as you can.

Good Luck and remember above all else to have fun!!!!

The official bracket below (save image and zoom in to read if it's too small):
    PASFTourney2.jpg

Player information below:
    PASFPlayerinfo.jpg

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2009
    sent a request to PASFHDR

SkutSkut on
    edited January 2009
    Post # 2 updated.

Also, Ruffnite/Fig-D looks like it might be an epic first round bout.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I also sent a request to PASFHDR. You know, so you guys can hand me my ass.

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Damn I have to get into the next one of these :(

KimFidler on