As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D4e] The Solist Gulnath

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've actually been obsessing over story concepts for a new healer, just in case. I figure all of us are going down for good at some point.

edit/ Also, I should note. I love Skaern. Sure, my character hates him, but he just adds so much flavor to the group.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good to know.

Honestly, I didn't mean to make him quite as much of an ass as he is - He kinda came out that way in his first meeting with the group, so I just sorta ran with it.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nah man, he's perfect. I hate parties that are all "Hurray we all get along and hate evil!" This actually seems more like what you would get if you basically put out an open ad for random mercs.

I figure at some point we should come up with a name, provided we stay together and don't kill each other.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh yeah, Riardon might be filled with contempt for most of you, but Im lovin everyones characters.

If Riardon does bite it and we dont have the cash for a ressurection then Ill probly try to roll up a Druid, they seemed really nifty.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    I keep reading that as "the Solist of Gulnath"

Man, Ive been reading it as the Soloist of Gulnath. So Ive just been all wrong.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Heh, "gulnath" is the Yspian word for a holy war. So you could read the title as "The Solist Crusade" and be pretty close. As far as character death goes, I'm sort of hoping that no one else will die, but no promises.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is everyone okay if we start at 4pm (an hour later) than normal, I need to pick my little sister up from a track meet at 3:30pm. I think Arasaki is on European time, so if it's an issue we can postpone, I'm free most of this week.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I should be fine, I can nap before hand.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sorry guys, I woke up feeling like crap, so I'm going to be busy concentrating on not puking my guts up (again), for most of today I think.

No game today :| I'll try to make next session better than usual to compensate.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No problem, Kayne.

Good luck with your guts.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Aww, sad. Oh well, this is actually good for me, I was trying to rush through a 4 page paper before the game started, now I can take some time and do it decently.

Well, feel better Kayne.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    There's better ways to be thin, Kayne.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh, I'll be out of town starting Thursday. Be back on Sunday.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok so do we have a game today?

Though I guess none of you are up yet since you're al lwest coast. Anyway, Ill be here for the game if there is one.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm up, and I will be on. I may or may not have a microphone though :(

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'll be there. Provided I don't lose power again. Damned snow.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We are go for a game today at the usual time.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is the game up? Because when I try to join I get this:

IO Error: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocalException: unknown code for ReadObject at end of file.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The usual time is about 3 hours from now, so no, the game isn't up right now.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We shooting for 6 EST tonight or back to 5ish?

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We shooting for 6 EST tonight or back to 5ish?

6 I believe, although I'm not sure why we are starting late anymore. Regardless, I'm still working on the adventure (it's a good one I think), so we'll start at 6 EST, 3 PST.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Cool. Yeah, if you want to move the future games back to 5 it should work. We had dropped it to 6 to try to get Amber in, but her schedule has her tied up these days, so we can do whatever.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Are we still using .b49? Cause I think I heard there was another version up.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There is a new version up, but I haven't tested to see if it's compatible with the campaign file, so we're still using .b49.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok cool, just making sure I didnt need to download anything. Welp, Im ready!

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Game is up, and I'm in vent.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yea it still won't let me connect. It's giving me the same error messages as before.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yea it still won't let me connect. It's giving me the same error messages as before.

Are you using the correct version? And are you connecting to 69.224.127.81, port 51234?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Lardalish wrote: »
    Ok guys, I have fiddled with things that I found while fixing my state problem and I have come up with this!

FancyPower.jpg

That is what comes out when I click my macros! If you would like to figure this out also, then read on!
    Ok, so this is the code I used for Deft Strike:
    <table border="0">   
    <tr bgcolor="#659D32">     
    <table width="100&#37;">       
    <tr>         
    <td style="padding:0px 5px;">           
    <span style="color:white"><b>Deft Strike!</b></font>         
    </td>         
    <td style="padding:0px 5px;" align=right>           
    <span style="color:white">Melee or Ranged</font>         
    </td>       
    </tr>     
    </table>   
    </tr>   
    <tr>     
    <td>
    I may move 2 squares before my attack. 
    <tr>
    <b>[T("Attack:"):Attack=1d20]</b> [Attack+AttackBonus+HasCA] vs AC[R:if(HasCA," With Combat Advantage!", "")]<br> [H:Quarry=if(QuarryOn,(If(Attack==20,16,2d8)),0)] <b>[T("Hit:"):dam=If(Attack==20,9+1d6,1d4+5)]</b> <font color=[R:if(Attack==20,"red","")]>[dam+Quarry] damage</font>      
    </td>   
    </tr> 
    </table>

Ok, so basically I copied the code from a tutorial (Here) and just put my own information in. So I changed what they had as "Conan gets +5 to attack" to what kind of range my attacks are since mine change, but you can out whatever helpful information there. For the attack just copy from the <b>[T("Attack:") phrase all the way to the end of your macro and put it where mine is.

These are the colors I used for the three ability types:
    At Will: #659D32
    Encounter: #CC0000
    Daily: #000000

The colors are in Hex but these seemed pretty good and I think they're readable enough, but feel free to change them as you feel fit!

the <br> way of hitting enter stil lseems to work so feel free to add in descriptions and extra rules to your macro, probably best to add it in with the attack because Im not sure where else you can put stuff without messing it up.

So yeah, there you go, Happy Macro-ing!

Quoted from my other campaign for use of this one!

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The encounter I was referring to was a ghost that could dominate a person at a time, I was going to have Skaern get Dominated and then slain by the party. I'll have xp up in a bit, I'm trying to decide if you get credit for the encounters you bypassed.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    This thread is now also the in character chat thread for our game. So feel free to post IC conversations or stories to flesh out your character.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Okay, your total experience for this session is 630 per person. You are not getting xp for the encounters you didn't interact with at all, but you are getting xp for both the rat swarms, and the black mold trap in the barrels of that room which you didn't set off. (And the skill challenge of course)

DE?AD, if you are feeling the urge to warforge, there will be ample opportunity for one to join the party next session.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Warforged sorcerer perhaps? It would be an interesting character. (just a suggestion)

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Because I'm in the mood, here is some random deity information.
    Kall
    Unaligned
    kall.gif
    Title(s): The Rockfather, The Steadfast Guardian, The Eldergod, The Immutable One
    Totem Animal: Grizzly Bear
    Favored Weapon: Greathammer
    Avatar: Kall appears as an elderly bearded man made entirely out of rock.

The Yspian god of the earth and rock, Kall is the oldest true Yspian diety, having been created when the Khalai made the planet itself; because of this Kall acts as a father figure for the rest of the pantheon. Kall teaches that patience, steadfastness, and consistency are prime virtues, after all, seasons come and go, but the stone is unchanged. Miners, prospectors, and builders revere him, while many who travel through mountains will offer prayers in his name. He instructs his followers thus:
    • Change only with great care, do not be fickle.
    • Do not act without consideration.
    • Make your works lasting and immutable.

Sol
    Lawful Good
    solyspneo.png
    Ttile(s): The Sunlord, He Who Stands Alone, The Reluctant God, The Radiant Soldier
    Totem Animal: Suncat
    Favored Weapon: Spear
    Avatar: Sol appears as a normal human soldier wielding a spear and a large shield with his symbol upon it.

Called the Sunlord by his followers, Sol is the deity found by the Fweryspian heretic Joseph Evensun when he had given up hope. As Sol was extant before the Khalai created the earth he is not a true Yspian deity, and indeed, was not a deity in truth until the Evensun persueded him to serve as his deity. After much convincing, an exasperated Sol declared that he would accept the worship of those misfits and outcasts unwanted by any other deity if they would stand with him against the forces of darkness. Sol commands his followers thus:
    • Stand unfaltering against evil and the forces of darkness.
    • Judge others by the light of their soul, not by their appearance or reputation.
    • Be as a light in dark places by showing compassion, mercy and kindness to all.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm probably going to go with a Warforged Sorcerer, though I will miss the extra at-will.

I'm amazed how tempting they made humans in 4e.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kayne, if you don't mind, here is some information on Kao, Pengs deity:

Also, did I tell you I used a great sword in the game? If so, I meant Broadsword.
    Kao Unaligned
    117cya1.jpg
    Title(s): The Great Changer, The Chameleon, The Everchanging, The Jester
    Totem Animal: Chameleon
    Favored Weapon: Double Sword
    Avatar: Kao appears as a sort of humanoid chameleon with a faceless, one eyed mask, and constantly shifting features (like skin color, hair length, nail length and color, feet and hand size, number of fingers, shifting his height and weight) but he usually appears as a medium humanoid. Basically Everything about his form changes except for the unchanging, one eyed white mask, and his general size (if he's medium he stays medium, but he could be anything from 5'5" to 7'8"...)

Kao is an eastern god of Change, Evolution, Survival, and Irony. Kao is a lord of changing truths and situation. Some say Kao is a god of lies, but he and his followers claim that Kao is always honest, it is merely the situation that changes the meaning of his words, and sometimes actions. Kao does not favor evil over good or vice versa, and though he prefers freedom to strict order he is not opposed to law, though he does not truly support it either. As is his nature, he and his followers may hold differing opinions of law and governing as time passes, changing from support of a dynasty, to rabid hate of it's successor, or even the first if they rule for long enough, though sometimes he has been known to hold support for independance or a given dynasty for long periods of time. Noone can ever predict the exact opinions of Kao and his priesthood, not even Kao himself.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok! So, party RP interaction time! Imma just kinda assume we do this talking from right where we left off in the last session. Might be a little unrealistic since we probly wont pause for more than 5 minutes or so, but whatever.

Riardon: "So... what are we going to do with Skaern? If I recall correctly we should have more than enough to raise him. If we can find a priest that is. Somehow I doubt our resident priest for hire has the capability. No offense meant of course. Though if you cannot raise him then perhaps you can do something about his... decomposition. He may have been part of the party, but I refuse to tote around a rotting corpse of someone who can hardly stand on his own in the first place."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Come on guys, my other D&D game has been spotty as of late and I need me some RP! Get in here and fill my boredom.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sorry, lardy. Have to wait for tomorrow. Screwed up my back at work. Vicodin and sleep for me tonight.

I'll have some party interaction and a "sit around the campfire and tell my story" shit by the end of the week as well.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Arryn, slumped against the altar staring off at nothing, finally notices the wizard.

"What? Oh, that. Yeah. Raisng the dead is a bit beyond me, but indeed I can keep him fresh for as long as we need. That's the first little skill I picked up. Back in the day it was quite in demand."

(Stands up, and walks over to join Riardon)

"You did good here, I'm actually glad to have a wizard nearby for once. No offense, just...Old habits die hard, you understand? Anyways. Nice work."

"So I'm beginning to wonder, schoolboy. What path through life led you here? Two things can start you down the trail to magic. Either you have a lot of talent, and that gets you noticed. Or you have a little talent and a lot of money, and that gets you noticed faster. Which one you are, I can't quite get a handle on. Either way, it's a twisty road from towers and books to hiking through a damned cave full of rats with a body floating behind you. Why? What's in it for you?"

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg