Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Let's Play] Final Fantasy VII! A Tale of Revenge, Redemption, and Ridiculosity

AdusAdus Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Games and Technology
Welcome to Let's Play
ff7_logo.png

Quick update navigation:

IF YOU THINK AN IMAGE IS MISSING OR BROKEN PLEASE CONTACT ME.

Disc One:

Part 1: Club Midgar Now Open! (see bottom of this post)
Part 2: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
Part 3: George is Getting Upset
Part 4: Lost in Translation
Part 5: I Do Not Want This
Part 6: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Part 7: Elevators from Hell
Part 8-1: No Sephiroth, You Are The Demons
Part 8-2: Why'd It Have to be Snakes?
Part 9: Ninjas and Dolphins and Airships, Oh My!
Part 10: Attack of the Egg Bees
Part 11: Outlook Not So Good
Part 12: The Little Buggy That Couldn’t
Part 13: The Nanaki Corollary
Part 14: Prescription for Pain
Part 15: What if everything you ever wanted came in a ROCKET TOWN!?
Part 16: Dirty Dancing 3: Wutai Days
Part 17: Potato Potato Potato
Part 18: Temple of Douchebaggery
Part 19: The Return of Picklemier

Disc Two:

Part 20: Geniophobia = Fear of Chins
Part 21: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Part 22: Breaking News: Emus are the Shit
Part 23: Dazed and Confused
Part 24: Flight of the Condors
Part 25: Stream of Consciousness
Part 26: Flavor of Loaf
Part 27: Absurdity In Its Purest Form
Part 28: Flashback Fiesta!
Part 29: Dimenticare di Ricordarsi
Part 30: Corporate Downsizing

Disc Three:
Part 31: Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse


A game which needs no introduction, but I’m a kind man so I shall assist the six people who have been out of the loop or in space for the last decade.


The highly anticipated Squaresoft RPG for Sony’s Playstation released in 1997 to massive critical acclaim and gamer praise. It boasted beautifully rendered backgrounds, an engaging storyline, and an excellent soundtrack. Whether or not those things held true to you is a matter of opinion. In fact, the unpopular opinion thread was partly what inspired me to do this.

I’ll begin by saying I do like this game. In fact, it's one of my favorite games of all time, but realize it has many flaws. For one, when it was released, the pre-rendered backgrounds were fairly nice, and battle sequences held up well against the need for higher quality characters. Sadly, the strange deformed ‘chibi’ characters used in all other sequences looked pretty awful from the start. Today, the graphics have dated expectedly, but I still maintain that some of the backgrounds are well-detailed.

Still, I’d say one of the most blatant issues of this game is the poor translation. Throughout the story, a lot of lines are poorly worded, oddly constructed, or just plain indecipherable. Reznik said it best as “a story that might be described as only kinda-confusing becomes incomprehensible to a lot of people.” I’ll do my best to clarify what’s going on in those cases, but I can’t make any promises.

I’ve played this game through a number of times, but during the last few I went to the Gameshark to ease the pain of leveling up. I’m not going to do that this time, but I’ll say it has probably been many years since I last played legit (possibly as many as 10), so bear with me.

This LP will be presented in Screenshot Format, obviously. Not only do people not want to watch 30+ hours worth of videos, they certainly don’t want to watch said videos with commentary by me as spontaneous commentary is not my strong suit. This will be my first LP. I’ve read through and watched a fair amount of LPs, but obviously this will be far from perfect. Criticism and suggestions are welcome. I’ll do my best to incorporate some interactivity in terms of character naming and such.

Also this will be a satire/humor based LP. A bit odd since I'm known for being rather serious amongst my friends and coworkers, but the game certainly lends itself to joking, not to mention the alternative would be an informative or expert play LP and I am neither well-informed or an expert at FFVII. Though I'm going to be keeping the story as intact as possible, with summaries or thoughts as it progresses. So I suppose it's partially informative. Oh uh, just a standard warning, I curse a lot in it. This is a Penny Arcade forum so I assume no one cares, but if for some reason you do. Well, too bad I guess! Also, while I may get venomous toward certain characters or plot points, remember that it's just all in fun.

The very pretty PS3 Tech Demo where they remade the opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwxHEeU2TTw

With all that said. Let us begin.

Part 1 - Club Midgar Now Open!


2qvwk14.jpg
Space… The Final Frontier… These are the voyages of…

2ms3iv5.jpg
Ahwuh?

11t6353.jpg
Nevermind. Just some chick doing hallucinogens in a dark alley. Moving along…

nx25z.jpg
Attractive woman, emerging from alley into slum streets. Cue upbeat music and cast montage, it’s Rapeville 90210.

2jezi29.jpg
Is the bar run by a man named Goblin, an actual goblin, or it for goblins only? These are things I must know.

s6rn0i.jpg
Alright, so is it a slum, a city, a dance club? What? This place is beyond confusing!

2eaoyon.jpg
(May not be as final as advertised)

28hzuaw.jpg
This opening is painfully un-dramatic. A few more shots of the train go by as we zoom back into Club Midgar. I’m excited. Aren’t you? I mean, c’mon… The train is totally in a hurry to get to its pre-designated endpoint!

fopw80.jpg
Guard: ‘Ah, excellent. Our shipment of prostitutes in teddy-bear costumes… I’ve been so needing to get laid… and a cuddly hug… I hate my life…’

xnuvdc.jpg
‘Bob? You’re not supposed to start without me!’

24qqobc.jpg
‘Hey where’s your costu- hynaghhh! Ohgodwhy!’

dzz3es.jpg
‘Can I at least… get the hug…? :(

fd6b8w.jpg
barrethead.jpg ‘Momma always said if I pray hard enough, God’ll give me a skinny, spiky-haired white boy to call my very own…’

4tjzhl.jpg
barrethead.jpg ‘Hallelujah!’

o938kj.jpg
barrethead.jpg ‘I think I’ll call him... Creampuff!’

33bhmrk.jpg
Creampuff is totally a better name than Ex-SOLDIER(!!!!!) Lookit them blue eyes. So purty…

mkf7mg.jpg
Soldier: ‘We came as quick as we could! Are the hugs here?!.. Wow, they really pulled out all the stops, this time. This is the prettiest one, yet!’

66744286.jpg
Guns vs. Sword. Time to stand down, I guess...

83641625.jpg
Actually, no.

40933269.jpg
Despite the fact that I just chopped his friend into bits, this soldier continues to fight... by deciding to completely ignore his projectile weapon, rushing the man with the giant sword and engaging in melee combat...

26807597.jpg
You can guess how that went...

34508626.jpg
Meanwhile, Puffy steals a strange liquid off of a man’s corpse. Huzzah!

46828578.jpg
cloudhead.jpg ‘Listen, my hearing is fine. You can stop shouting…’

64537933.jpg
99482468.jpg
110ah.jpg
cloudhead.jpg ‘Jesus… Just.. nevermind.’

111dc.jpg
112xc.jpg
This was the only rename suggestion I got. Next time, I'm just going with my own ideas!

113fp.jpg
114ou.jpg
cloudhead.jpg ‘For now, I shall give you temporary mental names. Hannibal, Faceman (seriously, lady, you have the face of a man), Murdock…’

115wg.jpg
cloudhead.jpg ‘B.A. Baracus!’

His expert advice is to never stick together. Sticking together is for suckers. Wise, wise words.

116cog.jpg
117q.jpg
Sure glad we’re getting all our issues out now. It’s not like we’re in the middle of the fucking mission already or anything.

2dgm8ew.jpg
I always imagine the Mission: Impossible theme beginning here… LET’S DO THIS.

End notes: Rereading this update after like 25 others almost makes me want to rewrite it, but that would be cheating. I may fix some of the shots later, though. I know this is like 30 shots for 5 minutes of gameplay. This won't be the ratio all the time as that would mean about a million shots total (rough estimate). Future updates have turned out to be between 40 and 70 shots for each "section" of the game. Sections seem to typically be about an hour in length not counting world map travel and any level grinding you do in between.

I'll be poking fun at the game's flaws, so it's okay if you do, too. Let's not turn the thread into an FF debate though, please. I do my best to update regularly, but there's no set schedule. Anywhere from 1-3 days seems to be the norm so far.

Adus on
Smrtnik
«13456719

Posts

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Here comes a new challenger! Winky face ;)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFVII is my favorite RPG and screenshot LPs are the only kind I like.

    I'll bite. About to look now.

    cpam2mz.jpg?2
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow3D | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557 | SFV: UnbreakableVow
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like where you're going with this, but if you take this all the way, you have got your work cut out for you.

    qiPckwJ.png
    赤い月 赤い月 罪を 犯した 者共の 穢れを 清める | Kill The Past
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good luck on this. Many have attempted a Final Fantasy VII lets play but most don't make it out of Midgar alive. I hope you are of stronger stuff.

  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Food wrote: »
    Good luck on this. Many have attempted a Final Fantasy VII lets play but most don't make it out of Midgar alive. I hope you are of stronger stuff.

    Ripley: These people are here to protect you. They're soldiers.
    Newt: It won't make any difference.

    Thought it was appropriate. :)

    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Adus. <3
    I'd like to nominate a new name for Cloud: Squall.

    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User
    edited January 2009
    You better fucking finish this let's play, I don't think I can take another heart break after the Chrono Trigger LP died.
    I likes

    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • DoctorGateuxDoctorGateux Registered User
    edited January 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I like where you're going with this, but if you take this all the way, you have got your work cut out for you.

    Considering how long a finished one would be hurts my head.

    Completely god-like if you do finish it though.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TylerbroorTylerbroor Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I say keep all character's names.

    Except Cait Sith. I don't care about that motherfucker.

    And you should run low level and use a different set of party members for each update.

    And you should get Beta from the Midgar Zolom before you enter the Mithrill Mines.

    And don't quit.

  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good luck with this, looking forward to it.

    steam_sig.png
  • EgosEgos The Kool-Aid Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    screenshot LPs are the only kind I like.

    You wouldn't like a LP voiced over by Christopher Walken or Vicent Price ?

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Here comes a new challenger! Winky face ;)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    screenshot LPs are the only kind I like.

    You wouldn't like a LP voiced over by Christopher Walken or Vicent Price ?
    screenshot LPs are the only kind I like.

    cpam2mz.jpg?2
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow3D | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557 | SFV: UnbreakableVow
  • EgosEgos The Kool-Aid Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    screenshot LPs are the only kind I like.

    You wouldn't like a LP voiced over by Christopher Walken or Vicent Price ?
    screenshot LPs are the only kind I like.

    Guess not...I would love a Christopher Walken Lets Play of Mario 64.

  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It would be much less time consuming to do a video LP. There's too much information in this game to be as detailed as part 1 the whole time.

    Unless this is your full-time job. Because if it's not, it will be.

    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Screenshot LPs are great for those of us who like to speed read. :P Also, for LPers who have a terrible speaking voice(like myself).

    But yeah, for this game, that is a mammoth endeavor.

    qiPckwJ.png
    赤い月 赤い月 罪を 犯した 者共の 穢れを 清める | Kill The Past
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sir, I wish you the best of luck.

    Because you're going to need it.

    Plan on editing together screens and text well into Summer.

    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Holy shit screenshot lp for this is just.. oh my god.

    Not to sound like an ass but have you ever done an lp before? Because if not then really you should not try to attempt a screenshot lp of final fantasy 7 for your first lp ever..

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If Barret gets renamed anything, it HAS to be "T" just to set up a later joke.

    leonroughdividesig.jpg
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 XBL - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good luck! The last attempt here only made it to the Don...

    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's not really any way you do a video lp of a game this long, it wouldn't be good at all.

    All I have to say is I hope you can finish this because it's unfortunate when an lp is left unfinished.

    yDqK8Z2.jpg
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Good luck! The last attempt here only made it to the Don...

    Hm, I didn't even see that. I did multiple searches, too. I am quite a failure. That model mod sure is interesting. However even if I had it, I'd keep the old models for nostalgia's sake. I figure if my commentary doesn't satisfy, maybe some people will look through it for the memories, at least.

    Anyhow, to everyone warning me. Yeah, I'm totally aware this'll take a lot of work and probably like, a year to finish, but I'm going to do my best. Thanks for the well wishes, though. I just hope it remains interesting enough, as I'm not anywhere near being a professional writer or comedian, nor are either of these things my career (IT/Network Admin). Anyhow, working on the 2nd update now.

    It ends at naming Tifa. No one really took advantage of Cloud or Barret other than MinionofCthulhu, so don't blame me if you don't like the names! Well, I guess you can blame me for Barret's since I chose his.

    So if you want to get a head start on Tifa name suggestions, go for it.

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Here comes a new challenger! Winky face ;)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tits McGee

    cpam2mz.jpg?2
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow3D | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557 | SFV: UnbreakableVow
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's a shame Tits McGee won't fit.

    EDIT: FUCKING MIND MELD OR SOME SHIT.

    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Here comes a new challenger! Winky face ;)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Did, uh...were you responding to me, or did we just think alike?

    'Cause that was quick.

    cpam2mz.jpg?2
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow3D | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557 | SFV: UnbreakableVow
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Great minds, sir. Great minds.

    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Here comes a new challenger! Winky face ;)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    But in seriousness, whenever I played VII, I named Tifa "Lockheart," because 1) it sounds cooler than Tifa and 2) it's her last name.

    cpam2mz.jpg?2
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow3D | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557 | SFV: UnbreakableVow
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Great minds, sir. Great minds.

    Dont trust him for he is a mind taker!

    1552168226mkc2.gif


    Anyway I never liked gimmick names because honestly after the first 20 times it gets old and not funny.

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tits McGee was the first thing that came to mind for me as well, but I just dismissed it as being too obvious.

    yDqK8Z2.jpg
  • DoctorGateuxDoctorGateux Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Anyway I never liked gimmick names because honestly after the first 20 times it gets old and not funny.

    I dunno, sometimes if the dialogue got drab and predictable it livened things up. Like, in FFIX I'd call Amarant Lobster just to see him say 'They used to call me the Flaming Lobster.'

    I suppose it's sad that I find that funny though.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SonarSonar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    In my game Barrette was Mr. T, the vampire dude was Batman (DO EEEET!) and Aires was "Victim"

    I'm building a real pirate ship. Really. Wanna help? Click here!
    steam_sig.png
    caffron said: "and cat pee is not a laughing matter"
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This update was larger than expected. Still trying to get used to deciding what to leave in and cut out.

    Part 2: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
    Previously on the A-Team…

    9dd03ec559e9c3a2a27a91ee4cb1481d.jpg

    MinionOfCthulhu was the only one to suggest a rename, therefore… Paradox!
    Hey, maybe I’ll do VIII next and…

    No, I don’t think so.



    In addition:

    2bdf535717f1ba17b3c42d12fd076d54.jpg

    Full of doughy goodness.

    f39a82d17026a8535ac4ea6ede3138fb.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Well, there was that elementary school field trip…’

    4f9dc8aca0a273d1afe7e1883213b705.jpg
    3607057a9e85bf4bbf40d6a022b719dd.jpg

    Aw bummer, Dude.

    9141a3c985a4d3d1d6ea37669ad683f3.jpg
    a0f919eaa0ef0df9d3b31127020c8081.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I just said it wasn’t my problem. No one fucking listens to me. How dare you even assume I live on the same planet as you do, anyway!’

    4283b7609b7b240f9eea17b38ce8f58d.jpg
    9b640576520631527e5f85a450f18b8b.jpg

    Whoops, too late.

    9cc0a78c1757d44a27b4471fa0065da8.jpg

    Don’t do it. You have no idea what that is or how long it has been there…

    967efb7807e607819bc3fe233057bd6b.jpg

    You’re ten levels of retarded. It’s probably a flat bottle of Surge with a surprise side of Herpes.

    cb0a8b2da890e8522c2b30dc2f607638.jpg

    Floor candy! Even better! Go ahead. Do it. I don’t care anymore.

    ec9d56e6dafdc2b8e9397465fa72af11.jpg

    Nevermind. It’s just a ball of magic. This will be explained, right? … Right?

    d9dadf3f5d08df3e69653ed07ea9bc98.jpg

    So, he doesn’t trust Squall, yet apparently he has had the bomb this whole time. Sure, okay.

    0ab284dc4518368007754e8e5a1e444b.jpg
    570cb179cde0e9efa7eb9c35e7fd08bc.jpg

    Thank you, Mysterious Inner Voice. Could you elaborate a bit further? Is it perhaps a space station?

    f5d00991e5915ab55cd18892c8b7cd25.jpg

    No, of course you couldn’t. That would be convenient, after all. Let’s just set the damn bomb and go trip the night away. Squall saw a dealer with some real good looking shit not too long ago.

    5f8ee4e0361b81d09f24aba32206ec99.jpg

    Alarm Sounds! Apparently their bomb detection system only works after the bomb has been armed. That’s a bit of a drag, huh?

    b6dd9095ef42a03df16d9116eb0a4e43.jpg

    This is Guard Scorpion. You’d think he’d actually be guarding the reactor, but I discarded logic long ago when my hero began scavenging odd fluids off the floor and corpses of men.

    baf5c4c4ed2946b8fbe99c74ae0f3fa6.jpg

    Braver? I hardly know ‘er!

    13eb009da1885d72423902299afe1391.jpg

    cloudhead.jpgR E N Z O K U K E N! Ah sorry, I don’t know where that came from…’

    9873601a65ffcb026b2e9ac048ec4eaa.jpg
    9b09dcbd4c7aee159993592cbba78852.jpg

    The machine vibrates ominously, but doesn’t do much while I pelt him with a few Bolts.

    8f3141549a8d6118c209a3b255a16195.jpg
    bd22b8c17574552583d25637632a61f3.jpg
    76a162723654ed174cc5ff9d786c442f.jpg

    It’s Super Effective!

    ff7f0201a76c8b62d2724ded641edbf9.jpg

    Hmm, that doesn’t look terribly good.

    415bcef497969514d205f0349c018d65.jpg
    674eac31ee51a0c204fe3b92556c6d04.jpg

    m4BKQ.jpg ‘Huh…? Really? Well, if you say so…’

    858924307c1cb10a0180c3a4d7c3929e.jpg
    92c0c70a99460ee8d4cdaa2bc79de364.jpg

    m4BKQ.jpg ‘OH GOD, I CAN FEEL MY EYEBALLS SCREAMING!’

    4b438583ce76c1bd95bb4842d4152744.jpg
    c0deca07994044886eb94c0d917dfb97.jpg

    Aw yeah. Hammer Pants are ready. Breakitdown!

    You get 10 minutes until the bomb goes off. I’ve never even remotely had a problem getting out in time, so I honestly don’t even know what happens. Game over, I assume, but I was too lazy to find out.

    25a7492b6ae18f03c4962b15121c1420.jpg

    Meanwhile, I strip these fools of their undeserved A-Team names because Faceman would never be in this position. Jessie is quickly thrust back into female stereotype with a classic ‘I did something fucking retarded like getting caught on this grate during our near-suicidal mission.’ Given the option, I would have left her to die. Squall doesn’t give a shit about the entire planet. What’s the loss of one, mannish girl going to hurt? Sadly, you need her to decipher the “code” aka “press a fucking button” after the elevator. So, you really have no choice.

    008338eac468c0593339dba50fcca07a.jpg

    As if that’s not bad enough, she trips and falls here literally seconds before the bomb goes off. Pretty clear that by now, Darwin wants her dead for one reason or another. Squall helps her anyways despite my frantic keypressing.

    041a54a6d7e7b91081dab1d5acb78d60.jpg

    Blammo!

    a60d6d7ef1a3918a8cc5dca307f302ba.jpg
    4e2babff745a7ea374ccaa6bd9e56625.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Stealing my lines now, lardass? Oh, it’s on.’

    Jessie is busy setting a small explosive to get through this door or whatever.

    69a1ee35154b60b81a583673c266bcda.jpg

    Overkill, much?

    The Team is told to split up and meet at the Sector 8 Train Station. Once again, Loaf spits on the Strength In Numbers idiom.

    9999467f25ead6ef9f74e19a101db4de.jpg

    Crackhead doppelgangers… What is this world coming to?

    66d395c029c224ddacb5d95a1ff8eaed.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Thank God. Give me whatever you have. I need to gleam a cube or whatever the lingo is these days.’

    f8332edbcbece6f25690529a304e56c2.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I’m takin’ it back! Suck it, Loaf. Now… what was the Junkie Code Phrase, again? Ah yes…’

    epsxe2009011923201438.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I dunno, are they? The hell are you asking me for? You must really be fucked up. You know what? Yeah. They are. They’re only a gil. Gimmie.’

    032d4b25eadbc0d72efee82405a8c534.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I can’t believe that worked. Time to blow.’

    ec3c521c1dfc397a28c7a9bf3e265a3f.jpg

    After sampling, Squall is now perplexed at the absence of cubes. Upon further inspection. It is a flower.

    2d47731ef6391e2e416451c4510625ff.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘That’s it. I’m wearing your skin. Someone get me a copy of Goodbye Horses.’

    After this, A ton of soldiers run up to you in an alley in a shot that didn't save. You’re given the chance to fight them, but it doesn’t matter as more just come anyways. I never really understood why they even give you the option. Not to mention that at the rate you kill them, the 8 that end up there wouldn’t be a challenge either. They could at least be robots…

    33f18467823e0b6d98501b4ec0493d85.jpg

    The obvious solution.

    ce893b44ebcc84f54d53412ab149eca4.jpg

    Squall proceeds to defy the laws of physics by landing on a fast moving object without stumbling or tumbling at all. Astounding! Then again, he does carry around a sword that’s about as big as he is which is conveniently missing now.

    Meanwhile, the Not-Quite-A-Team celebrates a job well done with no Squall there to ego trip the train off the tracks.

    7621bdbe2efe72a412bdd8dec403517a.jpg

    duAPT.jpg ‘I hear the only way he gets off is if he wears a Bob Dole mask while you scream the name. Wait, there was another... something about being on top of trains…’

    4b06b6bd3034ef52863f0160f03f8851.jpg
    c841b59d4efda3d639050d8e16c8cedf.jpg

    duAPT.jpg ‘Must be him.’

    2b7dca78824d771e264b1ffa028bb447.jpg
    6cb3c73b80e8695ea405ceea22f7aeed.jpg
    0af2f9f1641427acb22d1dcecc0df41b.jpg
    27b53ba03cf3dcdc3c2e010e4d58a41c.jpg
    ee24dc85967de28f57089350c181edb4.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘The only thing larger than my ego is my “sword”, if you know what I mean.

    Okay, yeah. I really am talking about the sword…’

    bea51a7a77888dcec7a2af6c853b9944.jpg

    Always been very curious as to how this is pronounced.

    Everyone proceeds to move out except Jessie who needs to build up the sexual tension. It would not be a JRPG if every woman didn’t have at least a little crush on our pretty, pretty hero.

    bc2bd7780c68a18c9cce97e345d0090a.jpg
    1d818891113753414f8a99624e479867.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘God, no! Don’t touch me with those freakish mitts! Agaghhhh! Bitch…’

    702d32007c9bc9059e6486fcef4ea64b.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I’m going to close my eyes, and when I open them, you better not be ugly, or at least performing an action that obscures your face.’

    2f64e4ad6eb727f9f30a7e5f8eedb018.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Are you going to show me your cock? Because as horrifying as that sounds, it would explain a few things.’

    0dc4b0bcde7e21892359b67955032421.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Monitors. Wow. Helpless, ugly, AND boring! You are quite a catch.’

    She proceeds to explain the Midgar railway while Squall drifts off to mentally design his new Flowergirl Skin Suit.

    224855159d15e715e48be77882bf451c.jpg

    This guy was making some weird motions. Squall goes to investigate despite common sense urging otherwise.

    489fa1e00f3f5f2197224147c74f54c9.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Uh… maybe?’

    bbc72764d593927d0672774ecb3b5982.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg 'I think I’m on the wrong side. This planet needs to die.'

    c3643e105e4d2f809d7248470d902241.jpg

    Oh.

    He meant another phallus-like object.

    e17368fcaa1df1e77bc2696e61018652.jpg

    Moving on… It’s the 7th Heaven bar. Cause it’s in the Sector 7 Slums. Oh hoho. How people would know that’s its name is beyond me. It appears to also be the Texas (Where is Texas in this world, exactly?) Cowboy Olon, and the Cyter Bar. Make up your mind.

    419907397908c612ffbbacc6e32fdecc.jpg

    All the current occupants, including what appears to be a five year old and his mother, are swiftly ejected. Squall is tired of talking to freaks, so he tries to head inside.

    b6379adc565087a475a1277495cc3fb5.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Baby? That’s impossible. You know my conditions. You know how hard it is to convince a woman to go along with either of them?’

    458f30f3030d0ace493e5a301b7830c7.jpg

    It’s a weird thing to say, regardless of context. Eventually he lets me in.

    4e278703c70adc35e38115b011ee2215.jpg

    That’s Marlene. She’s quite the trooper, learning to read, write and mix drinks at such an early age!

    22138dc53bb041c53592263e80301b62.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg 'The team is a bunch of boobs, there were a few speed bumps and it almost went tits-up but.. thankfully.. there… uh… What was I saying?’

    There. It’s out of my system for a bit.

    1d10c7961f45dd54f974aff524e7f310.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I was worried the last impressive rack I’d get to see would be Loaf’s.’

    Okay, seriously this time.

    cfb7943964be0d62df7676408e080ed8.jpg

    Go at it.

    End Notes: Like it has been said, this is time consuming, but I am pressing on. Updates will probably be every 3-5 days or so as a result. As updates go on, I'll probably try to cover more game in less shots. Sadly, the story may end up lost in there, but considering how much time you spend on just an hour of gameplay, it's not really practical to shoot every line of dialogue. Not to mention I run out of things to say eventually. It's pretty obvious here that near the end I was running on fumes.

    Also, if anyone knows a good place where I'll be able to upload the million images this'll eventually be without worry, I'd appreciate the tip.

  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Great minds, sir. Great minds.

    Dont trust him for he is a mind taker!

    1552168226mkc2.gif


    Anyway I never liked gimmick names because honestly after the first 20 times it gets old and not funny.

    I disagree. The LP for FF8 was made by the silly names. C'mon. Robert? Worf?
    And the obligatory renaming of Rinoa's dog to 'Vaginal'.

    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh dear, forgot about me already? Well I did not forget about you, fine people.

    Part 3 - George is Getting Upset
    A friend of mine suggested Rinoa for Tifa’s name. I decided not to go down that path for a few reasons: I hate Rinoa. I like Tifa. And I can’t bring myself to reference FFVIII any more than I already have. Liking Tifa is another reason why I didn’t go for a silly name. I may be making jokes but my intent here really isn’t to tear the game apart. Therefore, Lockheart. CONTINUING ON.

    10076975.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Oh uh.. yes. I totally bought this for you and not because I thought it was smack.’

    71623417.jpg

    Marlene is simply reciting the Squall Fan Club’s motto. Their theme song is “Dude (Looks Like a Lady).”

    77717848.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Only so I can owe you something hard in return’

    Squall then heads downstairs via Super Pinball Elevator where he and Loaf argue some more about the planet and Squall’s not giving two shits about anything or anyone. At this point, I have to wonder just what IS his motivation? Is it merely a coincidence that he’s doing mercenary jobs for a “terrorist” group which includes a busty childhood friend? Somehow, I doubt it. He storms away but Lockheart stops him before he gets far.

    10435419.jpg
    71325246.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Seven years? Lady, I don’t remember what happened seven days ago.’

    57548252.jpg
    15257189.jpg
    55652594.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I will however continue to act like hot shit and how none of you deserve to stand in my radiance.’

    Apparently she plans to hold this over his head for the rest of his life, despite the fact that it was just a silly thing they said when they were kids. Let this be a lesson to you all: Don’t promise women shit.

    Anyways, Loaf finally pays Squall, who scoffs at the amount of 1500 as it won’t buy him enough crack to last a week. Lockheart seems overjoyed because now he HAS to do another mission. Loaf mumbles about having to pay Mr. Pretty SOLDIER even more.

    16523668.jpg

    barrethead.jpg ‘If she doesn’t get training, she’ll NEVER be able to mix a proper Manhattan.’

    Nonetheless, they settle on 2000 and end the night there.

    310p.jpg

    Squall uses pipes as pillows, because he was in SOLDIER!!! and that’s how they roll.

    311j.jpg

    They all apparently slept in the same room, too. That’s not awkward at all. I tell her this and she gets confused. Not the sharpest pencil in the box.

    312u.jpg
    313o.jpg

    Yes, that’s right. They really are leaving the five year old in charge of the bar. There’s nothing funny to say here, it’s pretty absurd enough on its own. As you can see, it’s time to blow up another reactor. The day after the first one. The plan is actually brilliant. Who would be stupid enough to blow up two reactors two days in a row? No one! Which is exactly why we’re doing it! That or they just really are that dumb.

    314z.jpg

    Squall and Friends take a stop by the “Beginner’s Hall” for more cock waving. I really forgot how much of a douche he was at this point in the game. It makes me somewhat understand why some people didn’t play very far. I leave without telling them shit, just to rub it in further. Enough of that, time to get back on the train.

    315o.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Jesus, you too? Every woman on this planet is boring as hell. Or maybe I’m just too goddamn awesome. No wonder they’re all over me.’

    316m.jpg

    Gadzooks! The ID system wasn’t supposed to detect us for another three minutes. Someone screwed up hard. My money is on Jessie, because she’s worthless and has huge, grotesque hands.

    317r.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Easy for you to say. You and Lockheart have airbags.’

    318s.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Holy Muffintoast. You of all people are not ever allowed to sneak up on me like that.’

    319.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘And I'm not just saying that because your penis gives you a huge bulge.’

    After a dramatic leap from the train which is never seen and everyone comes out perfectly unscathed, we head to the new reactor.

    320r.jpg

    STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.

    321y.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Oh, and here I thought you printed everyone’s on naked photos of yourself.’

    322p.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Yep. You did. You’re a total failure. Why don’t you build one of your stupid bombs and shove it up your ass? In fact, you’re such a failure that even my massive ego doesn’t want your worship anymore. You’re out of the fan club. Never use ellipses again.’

    That felt good.

    Anyhow, we enter Reactor 5 and it looks exactly the same as Reactor 1 except tinted blue. Nothing was really worth taking shots of.

    323u.jpg
    324h.jpg

    Here we go again…

    325h.jpg
    326s.jpg

    Uh ohhhh Spaghetti-o’s! Sephiroth, a legendary SOLDIER, is the man Squall wanted to be like as a kid! The drama begins to unfold.

    327j.jpg
    328.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Huh… Why am I remembering this now? Is this some sort of sign? Lockheart sure is angry… Know what is great while angry? Sex. I should bring up her dead father during sex.

    I’m a goddamn genius.’

    329n.jpg

    Squall proceeds as if nothing at all is wrong. The bomb is set. The game is on. No alarms this time. Could Jessie have actually done something right?

    330u.jpg

    Jessie, The Master of Buttons. I’m sure she had a real hard time deciphering this “code”. Let’s just take a second to reflect on what an amazing security precaution this is.

    I refuse to admit how many times it actually took me to open the door. Nonetheless, we make it through. It’s the home stretch! This was too easy.

    331n.jpg

    In a Shinra Reactor? That’s impossible! Turns out it was a trap. I knew it was too much to expect Jessie actually succeeded at something. A few ominous footsteps later”…

    332n.jpg
    333h.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Been over 10 years now… The land of television is just not the same without your neurotic but lovable antics.’

    As the story is finally being fleshed out a little more, I’m going to implement script portions in scenes where there’s simply a lot of text that may be important. Read them if you care.

    The script for the following scene:

    President Costanza
    "...Long time no see? Oh... you."
    "You're the one who quit SOLDIER and joined AVALANCHE. I knew
    you were exposed to Mako, from the glow in your eyes..."
    "Tell me, traitor... what was your name?"

    Squall
    " Squall."

    President Costanza
    "Forgive me for asking, but I can't be expected to remember each
    person's name."
    "Unless you become another Sephiroth."
    "Yes, Sephiroth... He was brilliant. Perhaps too brilliant..."

    (Squall steps back.)

    Squall
    "Sephiroth.....?"

    (Loaf runs forward.)

    Loaf
    "Don't give a damn 'bout none of that! This place'e goin' up with
    a big BANG soon! Serves y'all right!"

    President Costanza
    "And such a waste of good fireworks, just to get rid of vermin
    like you..."

    334c.jpg

    President Costanza: ‘Yeah? Well, you’re Emperor Vermin Infinity +1. Suck it.’

    He breaks out our opponent.

    335p.jpg

    The Shinra Model 149X Floor Buffer. It’ll buff the skin right off your face.

    336n.jpg

    Air Buster is sort of a unique boss battle in that it actually gives you an advantage by giving you the side attack. Why they programmed their robot soldier to be retarded is beyond me. Anyways, pretty much all physical attacks do increased damage against him (even when he’s facing the attacker, for some reason). I hit him so hard with a Braver that he explodeded.

    337a.jpg

    Aw hell nah

    338.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Oh yeah, I’m just fucking peachy. I do this in my sleep. But just in case, I want my tombstone to read:’

    339.jpg

    After a bit of dialogue about how everything will be okay even though all logic dictates that he’s fucked, Squall plummets to his demise.

    340n.jpg
    341.jpg
    342z.jpg

    Well, that’s it for the Final Fantasy VII LP! Thanks for reading everyone!

    Oh, how I wish that were the case. Nevertheless, let’s press on.

    Squall “awakens” to Mysterious Inner Voice making a return.
    MIV
    ...You all right?
    ...Can you hear me?

    Squall
    ".....Yeah....."

    MIV
    Back then... You could get by with just skinned knees.....

    Squall
    "What do you mean by 'back then'?"

    MIV
    What about now? Can you get up?

    Squall
    ".....What do you mean by 'that time'? .....What about now?"

    MIV
    Don't worry about me. You just worry about yourself now.

    Squall
    ".....I'll give it a try."
    Some Chick
    "Oh! He moved!"

    MIV
    .....How about that?
    Take it slow now. Little by little.....

    Some Chick
    "Hello, hello?"

    Squall
    ".....I know."

    Squall
    "Hey... who are you?"

    Some Chick
    "Hello, hello!"

    343g.jpg
    344l.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘God damnit, I know these flowers… Oh it’s you. I hope you’re ready to become a dress.’

    345k.jpg
    346g.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Swear to God. Every woman. Boring as fuck.’

    347.jpg
    348.jpg

    I was gonna be nice but I couldn’t remember what she said for the drunk option, so I chose it.

    349n.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Hey, I calls it like I sees it.’

    350fa.jpg

    Wow, I wish real women were that forgiving. I planned on loading my previous save and being nice but meh. Looks like I’m dating Lockheart come Gold Saucer.

    351x.jpg
    352gf.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘Is it called Jessie materia by any chance?’

    353z.jpg

    cloudhead.jpg ‘I didn’t mention anything. (Seriously, he didn’t) If you’re high and holding out on me, I’m kicking you in the vagina.’

    354dd.jpg
    355ci.jpg
    356oc.jpg

    Quite tempting to name her Slum Drunk right away, but I’ll give people a chance.

    End Notes: I don't know why the President is George. For some reason he always reminded me of him, despite not... really looking or being anything like him. Well, he is sort of short and stocky and I always thought it looked like he had glasses. So there.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Slum Drunk is tempting. The girl has been with pretty much every male in all of Midgar, and that's just the ones the game tells you about.

    qiPckwJ.png
    赤い月 赤い月 罪を 犯した 者共の 穢れを 清める | Kill The Past
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I'm sitting here at work cracking up. This is great stuff. I haven't played it in so long that I've forgotten how absolutely terrible and confusing some of the dialog is.

    How about naming her "Crackabis"? You've still got the "is" at the end of her name, you're making a funny Nelson Mandela joke (if you've ever seen Ruddy Hell), and you're perpetuating your theory that she's actually a drug dealer. It's win-win-win!

    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, you're asking for a rename of Aerith...

    ...Given the following reasons (all of which will be under a huge spoiler tag, so if you haven't completed it, or heard the plot, or have only just crawled out from under a rock, it's your own fault for clicking it :P ) :
    1. EVERYONE likes her. Cloud, Zack, Tseng, Don Corneo, Hojo, NPC #429... hell, I bet Yuffie still cries if you got her AFTER the Temple of the Ancients.

    2. She makes sure to completely fuck up any chance of Cloud and Tifa just, y'know, stop being so oblivious of the other's feelings, by making sure she commands his entire attention. The only thing stopping Tifa from pummelling her to death and hiding the body is (1).

    3. Her 'powers' allow for, but are not limited to, the following: healing without an item/materia, reviving without an item/materia, temporary invincibility, having an item of great power that is the centre of the entire plot, beating the shit out of chocobos with a parasol.

    4. She gets struck down, only to become more powerful than you could ever imagine... well, OK, maybe not THAT powerful, but she still commands the Lifestream to do whatever she feels like. As a result of her death, Cloud angsts at missing his chance to lose his virginity, completely ignoring the woman with watermelon-sized breasts who he's known since childhood.

    Therefore, I say we rename her "Mary Sue".

    leonroughdividesig.jpg
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 XBL - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You should just name every character Sephiroth. (I actually did that once.)

    I always hated Jessie. Thanks for putting that bitch in her place.

  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've never had the opportunity to play FF VII.

    Also I'm hearing impaired so I hate Video LPs. Screenshots are preferred!

    So basically: This Thread Rocks.


    Oh and my GOD are those graphics dated now....I really hope they remake the game soon because I don't think I could play that...ugh...

    3DS code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • EgosEgos The Kool-Aid Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Therefore, I say we rename her "Mary Sue".

    I like all that spoiler-tag information culminates to this 8-)

  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You need to name Aeris "Jessie."

    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For some reason labarbra just popped into my head. Perhaps too much futurama?

    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
«13456719
Sign In or Register to comment.