As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WH40K: Tonight we're gonna party like it's m40.999 (New Ig on page 66)

1565758596062»

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dakka Predator, Defiler, and more flamers :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Possessed are terrible, at least they have been in my experience. The only time my buddies seem to do any damage is when they rolled for Power Weapons. Better spent on some Chaos Marines with special weapons IMO.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah, did a little theoryhammering, I think I'm going to work a list from scratch (it will probably carry strong similarities to the predecessor though)

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Crossposted from the paint thread:
    Anyone know of any appropriately scaled cat figures? I've decided my Farseer will have a pet Gyrinx

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Possessed are terrible, at least they have been in my experience. The only time my buddies seem to do any damage is when they rolled for Power Weapons. Better spent on some Chaos Marines with special weapons IMO.

Awww, I hate seeing these kinds of comments but sadly they're true. For whatever reason when they were designing the codex for CSM, in a few spots they put in these roll for stats style units. Which can serve to make each game kind of interesting and fun. But most players hate it because it's hard to plan for and you can end up wasting all sorts of points if you roll bad. Add's cool variety I say, since I find it hilarious when my dreadnought turns around and fires on his own dudes, but possessed can be a real mixed bag, I certainly wouldn't take 10 of them.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fuck you guys. Possessed can be very good if used correctly. Don't worry about what power you roll.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Fuck you guys. Possessed can be very good if used correctly. Don't worry about what power you roll.

Certainly S5 hits against orks is solid gold, but from looking at the codex berzerkers seem like a better deal

Alpharius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ' wrote:
    -[arlequin;9260176']

Certainly S5 hits against orks is solid gold, but from looking at the codex berzerkers seem like a better deal

Just depends on what you use them for. I've seen a full squad of possessed with MoT take on 3-4 enemy units at once and bog them all down because they don't care about shit that ignores armor saves and they can still throw out a decent number of high strength attacks. They also don't have to rely on the charge to do well. They just get better from there as long as you didn't roll 'scout' for your power, heh :P. Really they're an all purpose unit... not as killy as zerkers all the time, but more so than other options. Not as durable as plague marines, but more so than other options. They can be just as resistant to armor ignoring stuff as TS, but don't have ranged weapons. Still fearless, and you can still give them various marks.

SJ on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    So I bought a box of goblin wolf riders to gut for the wolves and a few other applicable bits.

I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the box. The guy at the store suggested mangled grots as bases... but the only bases that have the room are the terminator bases and there really is nothing impressive about a squad of terminators mangling grots.

Find an ork player and convince him he needs the bodies to custom build a sweet looted tank. Get him to trade you more marines.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ' wrote:
    -[arlequin;9260176']

Just depends on what you use them for. I've seen a full squad of possessed with MoT take on 3-4 enemy units at once and bog them all down because they don't care about shit that ignores armor saves and they can still throw out a decent number of high strength attacks. They also don't have to rely on the charge to do well. They just get better from there as long as you didn't roll 'scout' for your power, heh :P. Really they're an all purpose unit... not as killy as zerkers all the time, but more so than other options. Not as durable as plague marines, but more so than other options. They can be just as resistant to armor ignoring stuff as TS, but don't have ranged weapons. Still fearless, and you can still give them various marks.

I was running a unit of 7 with Ahriman in a Rhino. MoT as well. Rolled for FNP before the game. Those guys didn't lose a single model the whole game, and shielded Ahriman enough for him to tear the whole Ultramarines army a new one.

As stated, they are versatile, and you just have to readjust what you will do with them based off of the roll.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Jesus ... page 99 already?

Who is making the new thread?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    MikeMcSomethingMikeMcSomething Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow there's people that don't think possessed suck ass.

How are they not worse than a ton of chaos marines again?

MikeMcSomething on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey, has GW retconned Necrons and C'tan?

Are they still the Reason Behind Everything and New Chaos, or has all the Machine God/Fear of Death/Laughing God/creation of Orks, Eldar, Humans, etc stuff been swept under the rug?

The current description on the site seems to place them in more of "another external threat" role.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know there are some wolves fans here, and you guys might already know this. But I just saw it 5 min ago.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1310001&prodId=prod1690069

This gets released tomorrow supposedly.
    m2430690_99060101426_40kWolfGuard_873x627.jpg

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nice to see Carrot Top finally got his own character.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    someone better start formulating an OP, and frankly I'm not up to the task

I will suggest a new title: Warhammer 40k - frankly my dear I don't give a WAAAAAAAAGH

Alpharius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    arcath wrote: »
    I know there are some wolves fans here, and you guys might already know this. But I just saw it 5 min ago.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1310001&prodId=prod1690069

That would be so awesome with a different face. He looks like he's running to get hugs from the mother wolf.

SJ on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Jesus ... page 99 already?

Who is making the new thread?
    If everyone else is out catching Watchmen, I can do it again. Are there any changes that need to be made to op, something missing in the current one, broken links, or anything like that?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I thought we generally agreed on "Warhammer 40k: They made a game about Dawn of War?"

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TheBog wrote: »
    I thought we generally agreed on "Warhammer 40k: They made a game about Dawn of War?"

WINNAR!

When exactly is a new thread made?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »
    TheBog wrote: »

WINNAR!

When exactly is a new thread made?

Usually during Pg. 99 or Pg. 100

Also, I believe it was "Warhammer 40k: They made a tabletop game about Dawn of War?"

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's the title, I'm talking about if anything should be changed about the information in the first post.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That's the title, I'm talking about if anything should be changed about the information in the first post.

Lemme check it over quick and I'll get back to you.

Edit: in the 'tell me about the rules' section, maybe have a little blurb in there outlining the basic turn sequence and that everything you do in the game is by rolling d6s, etc.

SJ on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

That would be so awesome with a different face. He looks like he's running to get hugs from the mother wolf.

What the fuck is wrong with his claws? It's like he attached knives to a pair of powerfists.

Seriously, you could cut those off and use them as powerfists.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »

What the fuck is wrong with his claws? It's like he attached knives to a pair of powerfists.

That's... that's what loyalist lightning claws look like?

SJ on
  • Options
    ElfduurElfduur Registered User new member
    edited March 2009

Apparently the Imperium gets their lightening claws from wolverine...

Elfduur on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Huh. I guess you're right. I'm too used to my chaos lighting claws. I haven't played marines in so long.

I still think this wolf model has them a bit big...

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They really are.

I seem to remember the force commander box claw being pretty thin.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DampCatDampCat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    His hands do look rather massive.

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
    "EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COOK MOTHERFUCKERS".
  • Options
    NoCatsNoCats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DampCat wrote: »
    His hands do look rather massive.
    well, you know what they say about guys with big hands... they kick (punch?) serious ass in the assault phase.

NoCats on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    new thread is up you crazy stragglers

Alpharius on
  • Options
    edited March 2009