As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Robot Wars - OGs is OUT, OG Gaiden up next

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    Oh my god guys. Make sure Kai is one of your top 5 aces by Mission 34's path split. The reward is retardedly awesome.

[spoiler:e4110bf973]Gespenst Mk II S. It's seriously a Super Robot wearing a Gespenst's body. I'm not kidding when I say that all you need is the three weapons it comes with: Split Missile, chest-mounted HYPER BEAM (Or something like that), and the .... Stay with me now...

INAZUMA K-

Wait, no, that's wrong.

GESPY KICK![/spoiler:e4110bf973]

Now that I think about it, I dunno why the fuck Kai's using it. He doesn't have any sort of evade move. Swapping it with Katina!

This will be a difficult endeavor. I think I can do it, though.

yalborap on
  • Options
    SirNickSirNick Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    Oh my god guys. Make sure Kai is one of your top 5 aces by Mission 34's path split. The reward is retardedly awesome.

[spoiler:d690f57df0]Gespenst Mk II S. It's seriously a Super Robot wearing a Gespenst's body. I'm not kidding when I say that all you need is the three weapons it comes with: Split Missile, chest-mounted HYPER BEAM (Or something like that), and the .... Stay with me now...

INAZUMA K-

Wait, no, that's wrong.

GESPY KICK![/spoiler:d690f57df0]
    Now that I think about it, I dunno why the fuck Kai's using it. He doesn't have any sort of evade move. Swapping it with Katina!
    Kai doesn't need any dodging skill.

The man has a moustache.

EDIT:
    cj iwakura wrote:
    I've become convinced that OG2 was a very, very bad time to suddenly get good at BMs. :| I barely had 10 in OG1, and now I have 4 by Episode 6.

And I'm getting murdered.

[spoiler:d690f57df0]Attack your own guy, don't get killed by him, and then use the same damaged mech to take out an army with two other mechs![/spoiler:d690f57df0]

Goody.
    It gets a little bit better once you're able to upgrade existing mechs instead of having to use new mechs every single mission.

But yeah the early battle masteries are absolute murder. Hang in there.

EDIT 2:

But yeah, my question still remains: How are you guys pimping out your mechs? Who are your aces? I'm looking for ideas on what to do with my own guys.

Kai's an obvious master with a maxed Jet Magnum and the M90 Assault Rifle, Arado's a beast with a Boosted Hammer, and Bullet has massive kills and I'm slowly figuring out what to do with the KRO. Past that, I'm kind of clueless.

SirNick on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    SirNick wrote:
    OtakuD00D wrote:

[spoiler:bdeb3ca943]Gespenst Mk II S. It's seriously a Super Robot wearing a Gespenst's body. I'm not kidding when I say that all you need is the three weapons it comes with: Split Missile, chest-mounted HYPER BEAM (Or something like that), and the .... Stay with me now...

INAZUMA K-

Wait, no, that's wrong.

GESPY KICK![/spoiler:bdeb3ca943]
    Kai doesn't need any dodging skill.

The man has a moustache.

EDIT:
    cj iwakura wrote:
    I've become convinced that OG2 was a very, very bad time to suddenly get good at BMs. :| I barely had 10 in OG1, and now I have 4 by Episode 6.

And I'm getting murdered.

[spoiler:bdeb3ca943]Attack your own guy, don't get killed by him, and then use the same damaged mech to take out an army with two other mechs![/spoiler:bdeb3ca943]

Goody.
    It gets a little bit better once you're able to upgrade existing mechs instead of having to use new mechs every single mission.

But yeah the early battle masteries are absolute murder. Hang in there.

EDIT 2:

But yeah, my question still remains: How are you guys pimping out your mechs? Who are your aces? I'm looking for ideas on what to do with my own guys.

Kai's an obvious master with a maxed Jet Magnum and the M90 Assault Rifle, Arado's a beast with a Boosted Hammer, and Bullet has massive kills and I'm slowly figuring out what to do with the KRO. Past that, I'm kind of clueless.

Kai's gonna be even better in the machine I mentioned. Its best move is a chain attack, and only costs 30 EN to use!

Ugh. Looks like Kai'll really benefit from the 80% EN use skill. That, and really pimp out the secret unit's armor and mobility.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, if Katina could avoid dying on me for a couple missions she could maybe get tough enough to be useful.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My first ace was Kyosuke, then Lamia, and now it's Excellen, since she counter-attacked five enemies in one turn and decimated every single one.

<3 Oxtongue Rifle.

And Katina is a firebrand if you put her to good use.

She also had the single best line of dialogue in all of OG1, when you use her against the final boss.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Have her perpetually defense-supported by either Guard-ing Russel or Giganduro?

Edit: Ryusei, Leona and Tasuku are all way more useful in OG2, it seems.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    cj iwakura wrote:

She usually survives pretty well for me. I end up tossing her in mechs other people get, though. In OG1 she got the R-Gun, and in OG2 she was in the R-Blade for a time--

I think the R-Blade might be empty. Kai may be receiving an upgrade.

yalborap on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    yalborap wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

She usually survives pretty well for me. I end up tossing her in mechs other people get, though. In OG1 she got the R-Gun, and in OG2 she was in the R-Blade for a time--

Red Gespenst -> R-Blade -> Grungust Type 2 -> R-Blade (While Kai got his kills up for the secret PT) -> Grungust Type 2.

Now that I think about it, she's perfect for the secret PT. At least she has Alert.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

Red Gespenst -> R-Blade -> Grungust Type 2 -> R-Blade (While Kai got his kills up for the secret PT) -> Grungust Type 2.

Now that I think about it, she's perfect for the secret PT. At least she has Alert.
    Ah, but Kai has Guard.

That and SP Regen and some armor parts has made for a mad, mad ride for Kai in just the vanilla green Gespenst Mk-II M from the beginning. Obviously the regen came later, but he's taken hits like a man and loved it. Natural Attacker never hurts either.

How much armor and how many parts does the secret PT have?

SirNick on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So, I started the mission over again with Kai in the R-Blade outfitted with a mass of parts and a nice batch of upgrading.

Holy mother of god. It's just him and Hagane out there, and NONE OF THE ENEMY IS SURVIVING. The Hagane isn't even attacking, I just have it defend if anyone targets it!

Kai wins. He wins so hard.

[spoiler:b95adc9838]Oh fuck what the hell is that thing Ouka is in?!

OH MY GOD EVEN WITH STRIKE I CAN'T HIT IT

Somebody tie the Weiss Ritter to a big stick and help me wave it like a flag.[/spoiler:b95adc9838]

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Stuck Katina in the R-Blade. I didn't realise I kept the R-Blade when I retrieved R-1. Although essentially her only function is still Valor.

Edit:[spoiler:88f66555e2]Shit yeah Gilliam's black Gespenst.[/spoiler:88f66555e2]

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Stuck Katina in the R-Blade. I didn't realise I kept the R-Blade when I retrieved R-1. Although essentially her only function is still Valor.

Edit:[spoiler:5a717ae896]Shit yeah Gilliam's black Gespenst.[/spoiler:5a717ae896]

Her function is also to provide yet another source of badass Chain-attacking. This is why I gave her the Grungust Type 2 after Kusuha and Bullet got [spoiler:5a717ae896]Ryukooh and Kohryuoh[/spoiler:5a717ae896].
    SirNick wrote:
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

Ah, but Kai has Guard.

That and SP Regen and some armor parts has made for a mad, mad ride for Kai in just the vanilla green Gespenst Mk-II M from the beginning. Obviously the regen came later, but he's taken hits like a man and loved it. Natural Attacker never hurts either.

How much armor and how many parts does the secret PT have?

[spoiler:5a717ae896]The Gespenst MkII-S has the same amount of spaces as a regular Gespy. Four. As for stats, I upgraded it already, but I can tell ya what it currently has.

Let's compare it to Katina's stock Gespy.

The Mk II-S currently has...

Health had one upgrade plus Orichalconium for +1000, so I think it started off at ~4500.
    Energy had three upgrades plus a generator, so it started off at 220.
    Mobility I left alone.
    Armor. Orichalconium offers 200. Each upgrade offers 85 armor. We're looking at... 1700 stock.

Now for the weapon stats!
    3000 Split Missile 1-6 +45 +50Crit
    Mega Blaster (p) 5050 1-4 +40 +40Crit
    Gespy Kick! (c)(p) 5450 1-2 +35 +85Crit

Split missile's stock.
    Mega Blaster has four upgrades, was 4250 stock.
    Gespy Kick! has three upgrades, was 4850 stock.[/spoiler:5a717ae896]

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Justin_BrettJustin_Brett Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I put Katina in the Wild Wurger L. The game practically begs you to do it too, right down to giving it a red paintjob. Her battle quotes in it are made of awesome, too.

"I'll carve my initials out on your hide!"

<3 Katina.

Justin_Brett on
    This is my Signature....yeah.
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm playing through OG2 right now, and while I like the game, I am totally stuck on this early mission in the Earth route. It's right after Kyosuke meets Alfimi for the first time. You have to destroy all the enemy before three Rhino make it across the screen, and after you destroy two you are greeted with the enemies reinforcements a whole shit lod of W-series driven Gespents, Echidna, Yuuki and Carla.

I cannot get through this level, either Bullet, Lamia, or the Hagane are usually destroyed. Any help would be very useful.

Matthew on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    yalborap wrote:
    [spoiler:e896203542]Oh fuck what the hell is that thing Ouka is in?!

Somebody tie the Weiss Ritter to a big stick and help me wave it like a flag.[/spoiler:e896203542]
    [spoiler:e896203542]Check and see if she's got Alert triggered. That'd be why you can't hit it; waste a Split Missile or something useless while supported by Ibis and a RaMVs or something.[/spoiler:e896203542]
    Matthew wrote:
    I'm playing through OG2 right now, and while I like the game, I am totally stuck on this early mission in the Earth route. It's right after Kyosuke meets Alfimi for the first time. You have to destroy all the enemy before three Rhino make it across the screen, and after you destroy two you are greeted with the enemies reinforcements a whole shit lod of W-series driven Gespents, Echidna, Yuuki and Carla.

I cannot get through this level, either Bullet, Lamia, or the Hagane are usually destroyed. Any help would be very useful.
    I remember that mission myself. That was a bitch and a half. Especially so if you go for the BM, but still quite doable.

Rhinos give great $$$ if you manage to use some of the EXP/$$$ buffs before killing them, too.

Who are your best pilots at this point? How have you been upgrading your mechs and weapons?

SirNick on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    SirNick wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    [spoiler:272168ad6d]Oh fuck what the hell is that thing Ouka is in?!

Somebody tie the Weiss Ritter to a big stick and help me wave it like a flag.[/spoiler:272168ad6d]
    [spoiler:272168ad6d]Check and see if she's got Alert triggered. That'd be why you can't hit it; waste a Split Missile or something useless while supported by Ibis and a RaMVs or something.[/spoiler:272168ad6d]
    Matthew wrote:

I remember that mission myself. That was a bitch and a half. Especially so if you go for the BM, but still quite doable.

Rhinos give great $$$ if you manage to use some of the EXP/$$$ buffs before killing them, too.

Who are your best pilots at this point? How have you been upgrading your mechs and weapons?

Alt and R-2 are pretty powered up, plus I've been trying to keep Kai's Gespy up as well. Statwise Lat has her dodging skill, and I'm trying to raise Bullet's dodging skill as well. I'd like to raise the stats on AngelG and Huck Mk.II before the battle, but they launch immediately (I hate that). I'm not even thinking about the BM on this battle I've already gotten game over at least 8 times. What would be the basic way to protect Bullet, Lamia, and the Hagane? (Which is th ebig problem I face in this stage.)

Matthew on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Matthew wrote:
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Alt and R-2 are pretty powered up, plus I've been trying to keep Kai's Gespy up as well. Statwise Lat has her dodging skill, and I'm trying to raise Bullet's dodging skill as well. I'd like to raise the stats on AngelG and Huck Mk.II before the battle, but they launch immediately (I hate that). I'm not even thinking about the BM on this battle I've already gotten game over at least 8 times. What would be the basic way to protect Bullet, Lamia, and the Hagane? (Which is th ebig problem I face in this stage.)
    Who's got your Repair Kit? Put that on the jet fighter and park it near the Hagane.

Have you tried using Guard on the turns where the Hagane is in the thick of it? Between that and Tetsuya's Cheer, the Hagane should hang in there HP-wise. It's especially fun if you combine Guard and Strike for a turn, counter-attacking for massive damage.

Bullet and Lamia can hang near the Hagane and use its defensive Support as needed. Lamia's got Guard too -- I've used that frequently with her and not had a problem.

Do you have the requisite Repair Kit parts equipped on your tanking units? I remember blowing through a few of those on that mission, especially on using Grungust to tank the entire left side of the map.

Where is it that everyone starts dying? Is it near the start or is it when the enemy reinforcements start appearing?

SirNick on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Who's got your Repair Kit? Put that on the jet fighter and park it near the Hagane.

Have you tried using Guard on the turns where the Hagane is in the thick of it? Between that and Tetsuya's Cheer, the Hagane should hang in there HP-wise. It's especially fun if you combine Guard and Strike for a turn, counter-attacking for massive damage.

Bullet and Lamia can hang near the Hagane and use its defensive Support as needed. Lamia's got Guard too -- I've used that frequently with her and not had a problem.

Do you have the requisite Repair Kit parts equipped on your tanking units? I remember blowing through a few of those on that mission, especially on using Grungust to tank the entire left side of the map.

Where is it that everyone starts dying? Is it near the start or is it when the enemy reinforcements start appearing?

Usually when reinforcements show up. I could beat the Rhino's and their troops pretty easily, but it's primarily a issue of numbers. Grungust is pretty powerful to (plus Irm is the only character with Valor on this team sofar, everybody is hovering around 14-15 level wise). I usually start things off by switching to wingust to close the distance before switching back to Grungust.

Matthew on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Matthew wrote:
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Usually when reinforcements show up. I could beat the Rhino's and their troops pretty easily, but it's primarily a issue of numbers. Grungust is pretty powerful to (plus Irm is the only character with Valor on this team sofar, everybody is hovering around 14-15 level wise). I usually start things off by switching to wingust to close the distance before switching back to Grungust.
    Yeah, Valor with Darkness Slash is the best way to take down the bosses, since they'll retreat after a certain threshold of damage. I think that if you throw a Repair Kit part on the Grungust and maybe a Chobham Armor, it should be able to tank the Gespensts on the left long enough for the rest of your team to catch up. Same perhaps for the R-2, if you want to send it along -- spam Hi-Zol Launchers.

As a thought for the future, I would highly recommend upgrading the Mega Beam Rifle ASAP -- it's only $110k to fully max out and does 4800 attack power at range 2~4, so it's really, really handy for gruntkilling.

SirNick on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Matthew wrote:

That mission was a bitch. Downing the Rhinos makes some of the units retreat, including the NDC non-grunts so those would be good to prioritize. Tricky part is when one wants to stay in the water and make your beam weapons useless.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Goddamn, Mission 42 was a doozy, and it wasn't even the last one (I forgot about that.).

If you want to have any hope of beating this monster of a mission without exhausting yourself thin into a frustrating, neverending dead-end, make sure all your good units have Fuel Tanks or Repair Kit DX's for starters, and save them until the last possible moment. The boss obviously isn't [spoiler:dd3538a26c]Alfimi. Shit, she joins you for THAT fight.[/spoiler:dd3538a26c] When you do get to it, you'll know. Sadly, the boss has a warp field and immunity to any sort of special status weapon, which makes it that much tougher. Just for this mission, I had Ring, Carla, and Radha out. This is where I learned the value of Rouse. See, I didn't know that Rouse actually boosted the Will of ALL FOUR adjacent squares. Needless to say, it made the first part of the stage (And because of this, the last part) a whole lot easier.

Do not attempt this without SP Regen on most of your party, especially on Hard Mode. You'll chew through most of it just to get to the boss. I took a several turn-long break just to regenerate it all after getting to it. Because of Hope/Zeal/Enable and various methods of regenerating EN, I think I spammed the HTB Cannon around 8 times, though the last couple were not Valor'd.

That's not even the end.

FINAL MISSION, attainable by missing no more than 2 battle masteries!
    [realspoiler:dd3538a26c]You get warped back to Earth's orbit, and lo and behold, the Queen Einst absorbs the White Star! You have to obliterate it AND keep it from reaching the southeastern corner of the map. I haven't even tried it yet, just quicksaved at the start.[/realspoiler:dd3538a26c]
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    SirNick wrote:
    Matthew wrote:

Yeah, Valor with Darkness Slash is the best way to take down the bosses, since they'll retreat after a certain threshold of damage. I think that if you throw a Repair Kit part on the Grungust and maybe a Chobham Armor, it should be able to tank the Gespensts on the left long enough for the rest of your team to catch up. Same perhaps for the R-2, if you want to send it along -- spam Hi-Zol Launchers.

As a thought for the future, I would highly recommend upgrading the Mega Beam Rifle ASAP -- it's only $110k to fully max out and does 4800 attack power at range 2~4, so it's really, really handy for gruntkilling.

Darkness Slash is so worthless by the time you reach the endgame. Katina can barely break 10k with the Grungust 2's final attack against the last couple bosses.

Instead... I rely on these, in no particular order:
    HTB Cannon (It's amazing how many shots you can squeeze out in a single turn if you set it up right.)
    Riding Thunder (Or whatever DygenGuard and Aussenseiter's team move is)
    Rampage Ghost
    Royal Heartbreaker
    Twin Bird Strike
    Gespy Kick!

I have a feeling it would've been easier if I managed to score some of the other secret units and weapons. All I have are the G Impact Stake, Neo Chakram, and [spoiler:dd3538a26c]Gespenst Mk-II S[/spoiler:dd3538a26c]

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    Darkness Slash is so worthless by the time you reach the endgame. Katina can barely break 10k with the Grungust 2's final attack against the last couple bosses.

HTB Cannon (It's amazing how many shots you can squeeze out in a single turn if you set it up right.)
    Rampage Ghost
    Royal Heartbreaker
    Twin Bird Strike
    Gespy Kick!

I have a feeling it would've been easier if I managed to score some of the other secret units and weapons. All I have are the G Impact Stake, Neo Chakram, and [spoiler:d6b1004f41]Gespenst Mk-II S[/spoiler:d6b1004f41]

10K is more than more pilots (basically anyone without a combo attack) can manage against the late mission bosses of course. Irm's Grungust may not be the most impressive machine anymore, but it still outdoes the real robot brigade by a good margin combined with spamming Love (Irm's ace bonus, SP regen, and focus ftw). Gilliam especially seems to sit out of things a lot since so many of the bosses have anti beam shields to mess with his neutron beam. Combo attacks and super robots (or reals that fight like supers) are a must towards the end . . .

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Wildwurger L is awesome for Leona. With her Fury spirit she can use status effects on bosses quite easily. She just needs an Offensive Support and someone to reload her ammo. Too bad I missed that unit on my first playthrough, along with the Gespy Mk.II-S.

Mission 11 or 12 right now and Bullet is already a-ok for the special item, Lamia is 10 kills away and Kai will soon have the kill pre-req. Surprisingly I've gotten every BM with only these 3 doing any kind of fighting.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:

Rampage Ghost
    Royal Heartbreaker
    Twin Bird Strike
    Gespy Kick!

I have a feeling it would've been easier if I managed to score some of the other secret units and weapons. All I have are the G Impact Stake, Neo Chakram, and [spoiler:3ba3d394a7]Gespenst Mk-II S[/spoiler:3ba3d394a7]

10K is more than more pilots (basically anyone without a combo attack) can manage against the late mission bosses of course. Irm's Grungust may not be the most impressive machine anymore, but it still outdoes the real robot brigade by a good margin combined with spamming Love (Irm's ace bonus, SP regen, and focus ftw). Gilliam especially seems to sit out of things a lot since so many of the bosses have anti beam shields to mess with his neutron beam. Combo attacks and super robots (or reals that fight like supers) are a must towards the end . . .

I don't even look at it that way. I tend to go for Team attacks before anything else, which happens to split up my forces evenly between Supers and Reals. By the way, the Spoiler'd robot? Slap a G-Territory on it and it's just as good as any Super, which it practically already is.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OG2: I'm stuck on this early mission where you have the Hiryu, Gigan-Duro, Katina and Russel in their Gespents and Leona in her Guarlion, and you have to fight these Aerogater bugs, and well, you can't kill all of them or you lose. the last one has to get knocked down to 15% or less, which isn't easy, seeing as a fucking split missile or Leona's autocannon can one-shot these things.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OG2: I'm stuck on this early mission where you have the Hiryu, Gigan-Duro, Katina and Russel in their Gespents and Leona in her Guarlion, and you have to fight these Aerogater bugs, and well, you can't kill all of them or you lose. the last one has to get knocked down to 15% or less, which isn't easy, seeing as a fucking split missile or Leona's autocannon can one-shot these things.

[spoiler:5c37f1340b]Use Katina's shotgun to hit one of them. If it doesn't kill it, make sure you kill everything else around it and defend/evade it when it tries to attack[/spoiler:5c37f1340b]

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Sean has Mercy. Just make sure you don't counter attack the last one alive and have the Hiryu blast it after casting it.

[spoiler:d78ca29b2c]And do the same for the next unit you have to capture that map[/spoiler:d78ca29b2c]

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, when you cast Mercy, if your next attack would kill the enemy it's aimed at, it will instead reduce that enemy's HP to 10. Mercy is incredibly useful when you need to reduce an enemy's HP to below a certain point without killing them. It's one of the most key Spirit Commands in the game.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think I figured out how to do the real final battle.

[realspoiler:190bf53f9d]It's just like with Seputagint in OG1. You ignore the trash as much as you can and bumrush the boss. In this case, I have Carla, Alfimi, Ring, and Lefina (to an extent in her case) cast Rouse around everyone to raise their morale and let the Einst queen have it![/realspoiler:190bf53f9d]

And I have officially beaten the game.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    eaglearchereaglearcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ok, trying to earn the battle mastery is driving me nuts.
    Can someone please answer a few questions for me?

1. What happen if you beat the game w/o the last real final stage? Do you still get the new+ mode? And how do you get it, new option at the start menu?

2. When you guys say "new+", is it like Chrono Trigger where you retained all Stat/lvl/equipment or a harder diffculty mode?

3. If it is like Chrono Trigger, do I still have to unlock the secrets units/weapons again (save Lamia's units that is)?

eaglearcher on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, I'm not sure which to upgrade: THe Shishio blade or the Boost Hammer. So far the boost hammer has the massive improvement for being ranged and costing less to upgrade to the same max of the blade.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't know why, but the character's themes just sound sillier on the Divine War anime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dO_25jP9LI&mode=related&search=

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Even the music sounds like it's been done on a tiny budget. And it has!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't know why, but the character's themes just sound sillier on the Divine War anime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dO_25jP9LI&mode=related&search=

The themes do sound somehow lighter in tone than they do in the video games.

Also, it is weird seeing Kyosuke and Excellen actually wearing space suits. They are bad asses, they shouldn't need no stinking suits!

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So I finally started mission 42 in OG2. I'm hoping that the [spoiler:e5e0968b32]Motherfucking HP regening Einst monsters that were one of the previous stage's bosses[/spoiler:e5e0968b32] retreat when I bring down [spoiler:e5e0968b32]Alfimi.[/spoiler:e5e0968b32] If not, screw you Banpresto >_<

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, I'm not sure which to upgrade: THe Shishio blade or the Boost Hammer. So far the boost hammer has the massive improvement for being ranged and costing less to upgrade to the same max of the blade.

Being special secret weapons, are either of them Chain attack-able? Go with the one that is.
    So I finally started mission 42 in OG2. I'm hoping that the [spoiler:75ad91855c]Motherfucking HP regening Einst monsters that were one of the previous stage's bosses[/spoiler:75ad91855c] retreat when I bring down [spoiler:75ad91855c]Alfimi.[/spoiler:75ad91855c] If not, screw you Banpresto >_<

They don't. Read the strategy I posted a page or so back, or a few posts back. If not...

[spoiler:75ad91855c]If everyone has SP regen, just spam Rouse with Ring and Carla, then beat the shit out of them and have your Rouse'd powerhouses retreat into your ships for a while to recharge. Carla and Ring should be able to charge their Will back up to 140+ without any problem afterwards.[/spoiler:75ad91855c]

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'm still on the same Mission, and those Hucklebeins and space planes keep 2 shotting one of the Gespent's.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'm still on the same Mission, and those Hucklebeins and space planes keep 2 shotting one of the Gespent's.

Have Katina run exactly one space before the farthest she can go upwards and shoot the bug once with the shotgun to leave it near-dead. Park Russel next to her ass and hope for the best. For the second part of the mission, just keep Katina and Russel away. The Guarlion and Giganduro can take care of the rest just fine.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, the socond parts still giving me problems, except instead of Katina and Russel dying, they're just gangraping the Hiryu.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'm stuck on Alpha 3 Episode 28

[spoiler:4af797f3fe]That stupid boss mech that makes your allies disappear after they attack her. How the hell do you beat it?[/spoiler:4af797f3fe]

chaossoldier on