As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free Beer. Last page..

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    No clue what im doing!! lol
    blob_zpsfe87a10b.jpg

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    photo_zps62fce4eb.jpg
    blue_zpse1f2b2f3.jpg
    Trying coloring differently...not sure. Using temporary layers and big soft brushes, then cutting away and merging. But it doesn't have the look im going for.

• Options
    wolverine_zpsb0c58abb.jpg
    colored pencil doodle

• Options
    Trying to work on some actual characters lately.
    Sketch for a Walter White
    walt1_zps3df1aab1.jpg

• Options
    Watercolor of venom.
    I can't seem to get a natural feel for how arms need to be. Suggestions? General feedback/crit?
    venom_zpsaec42028.jpg

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    On his left arm (our right), the read of how the deltoid/pectorial muscles are connecting up the arm is being compromised by the white ribbing there- it looks like the ribbing is slicing through (or pinching in awkwardly) the area where the pectoral would be connecting to the humerus.

Probably could use a combo of bringing the shoulder up a touch on that side (matching the tilt of the ribcage more) and bringing that ribbing down on that side (the other side looks fine- actually, you might be able to cut the topmost rib and draw a new, lower bottom rib, and it'd probably match up alright then), in order to make some room for that pectoral to insert. You've got it going on on the other side just fine, so just try to match that a bit more and it should be good to go.

• Options
    Thanks Bacon. Im going to give that a shot!

• Options
    I did some little Lazies Fan art. It took longer than i would like to admit!
    littlelaziesFANart_zps295a7c52.jpg

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Hey Zerg, Always been a fan of your stuff. It has a blocky, almost claymation type look to it, even when colored. I mean that in a positive sense, I like that about it.

as for the Lazies fan stuff, I don't know what Lazies is but I love the foreground character, I really like the way he is rendered. As for the border and background, I don't care for it as much. It might be a Lazies thing or reference to something I'm not getting but it seems too different from the character in focus.

• Options
    Thanks man! I appreciate it. The rendering on the guy took pretty long (like 3 hours or so) as far as the background? i..uh..got...uh...lazy.... No real excuse for it. the BG image is her logo, and i wanted it to look sort of like he was looking through a piece of paper that had been chewed up....but yeah. i just got burned out on it... lol

• Options
    Ahhh! I can see it as chew marks now but I was reading it as a thought bubble, it is a little confusing.

I would love to see a progress gif or a time lapse of your coloring/rendering process!

• Options
    I have the stages, but i have NO CLUE how to make a gif of them...can you teach me? and i'll post it?

• Options
    it is kind of confusing, but here is a link to a guide explaining it better than I could!

http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/

• Options
    ad_zps8fba731c.jpg

• Options
    doodle1_zpsb0757d14.jpg

• Options
    I did a still life last night! ....It was.......eye opening. I got to draw from life more. Im planning on keeping the still life up this whole month and trying to do like 2 a week of the same one from different angles.
    stillife1_zps794615a5.jpg

• Options
    any thoughts of composition or concept?
    coffee_zps6100fc4d.jpg

• Options
    franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    Coffee grinder of doom! I'd never though the beans minded, but now I feel... Like grinding some coffee!

• Options
    im thinking of giving the coffe bean a sword..like maybe one of those plastic ones that go in drinks!

• Options
    Took me a second to realize it wasn't a brain, but color would solve that. Love the drink stir sword idea!

• Options
    just dooing some doodles.
    color_zpsfe2fc0b5.jpg

• Options
    i need feedback for how to color this.
    coffee_zpscde75d6e.jpg

• Options
    Balin-the-TackonautBalin-the-Tackonaut Registered User new member
    It is clear to me that you are an amazing artist.

• Options
    MabelmaMabelma Registered User regular
    It looks pretty dope, but the lightsource seems to be all over the place. I think it's supposed to be on the upper left corner due to the highlights on the brain and the back of the monster, but the shadows imply that it's on the opposide side of my initial assumption. I understand what you were trying to do with the shadows but I suggest that if you want to pull that off, just flip the lightsource completely instead of having it on both sides like that. So basically re-shaded everything with the light source from the upper right side.

Have some time, check out my blog
  • Options
    Balin....Dam..gonna make me blush. Thank you!

Mabelma....yeah the light source is messing me up. Ill work on it more.

• Options
    I found this neat glass sculpture in greg's pocket, and started to paint it along with my lighter. Trying to really look, and it's taking a looong time. any trick to block in color faster? or is it just practice. I tend to work light on a white BG then add a layer and go darker. Its been taking a while.
    pipe_zps4586bae0.jpg

• Options
    Trying to be more "painterly" no ref...
    paint_zpsd995013c.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    oops

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    cup_zpsaa8e0015.jpg

• Options
    kpfcharacter_zpscfcd5f47.jpg

• Options
    Feedback PLEASE!
    Im trying to go with a like 50s 60s sci-fi/horror look. Any of these catching your eye? I like 2 of them but don't want to say which ones yet.
    Any layout you all might suggest?
    Thanks
    kpfLOGO_zps7e801ac7.jpg

• Options
    Here are some of the fonts i like...any suggestions??
    kpfLOGO_zps4f51bfb2.jpg

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Your hand lettered versions look way better than the fonts.

• Options
    for real??!? You're like the 5th person to tell me that! Een as a logo though, Im not sure how to make it look polished enough. Or do you think the final logo should LOOK hand done?
    And any one stand out to you? my favorite one is the big one on the left page.

• Options
    Ink it? Try some vectors? You could keep it looking partially hand done, via inking, but I would stick with the hand lettered text. Finish it to the best of your abilities.

• Options
    So i think i like this...i think its closer to the feel i wanted. Thoughts?
    KPFfinalLOGO_zps7adb5251.jpg

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    This is more writing related, but drop 'the' at the start it doesn't do anything for you. I'd also make the first line look more textured like the rest of the letters so it doesn't seem like a different font/type face. Having the fonts on a cover/logo be the same is important for a professional look. I like the increased font size, but it should all look similarly distressed.

I also think either one of the hand drawn designs in the middle of the right page look better than what you have right now, but I really like putting 'of the' in a circle inside the rest of the title.

Magell on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. The one with "of the" in a circle is definitely the strongest one imo. Is it most horror or sci-fi? The distressed look is mostly reminiscent of horror pulp while sci-fi pulp had cleaner titles. You could try checking out coverbrowser.com for inspiration. There's a whole section for pulp.

m3nace on
  • Options
    Seriously, just scan in one of those titles and play with it.

• Options
    Dammit...i thought i had something good here. :(