Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
[PRIME] Android Phone PAX App Isn't Coming This Year, Sorry
FWIW...screenshots of the Android app I have in development.
[strike]If you want the app and know how to install .apk files without using the marketplace, please contact me. Otherwise, please wait until I get a job so I can spare the $25 to sign up with the marketplace.[/strike] UPDATE: Thank you to Theros who is publishing my app for me. Search for PAX in the marketplace.
This is just the first version, and is super basic. It counts down the start of first day of PAX '09. Nothing else. However, it does so EXTREMELY accurately...taking in to account your local time zone, and the particular ways you handle daylight saving time, if at all. This may result in a discrepancy of up to one hour from what you see on the clock, but if you do the math you'll realize it's correct.
Features that will definitely be added:
- Floormap of PAX
- Configurable countdown date (use it multiple years! Countdown to your birthday! The end of the world! Whatever!)
- Update notification
Features that will likely be added:
- Schedule of events that also integrates with floormap (what is going on where, right now)
- Button trading game tracker
Features that will be added if I find the time:
- Scheduler to plan your day and alarms to notify you of upcoming events
Features that are a pipe dream, but I would like to have happen:
- Using WiFi signals to give a "You are here" on the map
- Creating point to point navigation instructions (Go down escalators twice, turn left, take Arcadia Hallway to BYOC area)