As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

White People Are [CHAT]

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Today I need to go to Webhallen to pick up the four gigs of RAM I ordered for the Macbook. Couldn't be arsed on Friday when it arrived; needed to drag a sack of cat food home as well.

Echo on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Alright, done losing in chess. Time for WoW! Who's up for it?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I don't think he's as much of an asshole. He seems capable of going slightly crazy at times, and in those moments he can be a extremely callous, but otherwise his heart seems to be in the right place. Which pretty much sets him against his entire family who are pretty much in it for themselves 24/7.

But then again I may just be taken in by his winning smile /swoon

He named his son George Micheal.

Point.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Feral wrote: »

Oh, ouch dude. How'd that interview go?

I'm not sure. I couldn't quite feel it out.

I think I'm shaking the rust off my interviewing skills though. I've had four phone interviews and one in-person interview in the last two months.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Built to Spill - Liar (Live)

I wish they had a nice album version on there, but oh well.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I think I'm shaking the rust off my interviewing skills though. I've had four phone interviews and one in-person interview in the last two months.

It sucks to be out there right now, honestly. I hope you have better luck than I've had. I'm going to go to an AF recruiter tomorrow and see if I can't get into BT by April or May.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Gim, you like built to spill?

<3<3

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It sucks to be out there right now, honestly. I hope you have better luck than I've had. I'm going to go to an AF recruiter tomorrow and see if I can't get into BT by April or May.

Wow.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited January 2009

<3<3

Yep. Especially that album. It's pretty solid. The first 5-7 songs are amazing.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Maebe's the best character.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Another Monday. I should try and achieve something this week. Last week only being three days long and all.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Gim wrote: »

<3<3

I actually only have Perfect from Now On and Keep It Like a Secret. Perfect is really very nice though, and I listen to it at least three or so times a week. But yeah, I should probably move on to something else in their disco.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

air force? wow.

that's unexpected.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think I'm going to get a pharmacy technician certification.

They don't make much money, but I'd be able to stay with family or friends for a while. And I have a few favors that I have yet to cash in.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    I've been sitting on doing that for a long, long time. I want to eventually work as a prison counselor, and going into some sort of armed service basically makes you a shoe-in for government work.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I want to eventually work as a prison counselor

Why? Do you want to turn into a bitter misanthrope?

Oh... wait...

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    ahem

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    There are quite a few good Disturbia covers on Youtube.

Organichu on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

*raises hand*

James on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Feral on

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Are you sure? Who is involved?

Recently I've been listening to lots of Devotchka. This has been making me increasingly sad. But it's excellent at the same time.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    James wrote: »

*raises hand*

Yay! Let's go!

Edit: Lemme restart my computer.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Gim wrote: »

<3<3

I actually only have Perfect from Now On and Keep It Like a Secret. Perfect is really very nice though, and I listen to it at least three or so times a week. But yeah, I should probably move on to something else in their disco.

I only have You In Reverse and Live. I should move my way backwards through the rest of their stuff.

Have you listened to any stuff by the Halo Benders?

Gim on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hello and good morning!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    I've been sitting on doing that for a long, long time. I want to eventually work as a prison counselor, and going into some sort of armed service basically makes you a shoe-in for government work.

yeah, those guards could use counseling after riots and stuff.

Doc on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    morning Haps!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Are you sure? Who is involved?

Mostly hobbyists, a few decent amateurs on the rise.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Doc wrote: »

I want to counsel prisoners. And the irony is that it probably won't be them that turn me into an unfeeling husk of hate, it'll be the beauracracy.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I used to work with somebody who did PTSD counseling for police officers.

Short little curly grey haired lady. Looked like somebody's grandmother. Sweet as punch and pumpkin pie. Could rip your balls off with one hand if you pissed her off.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2009

I want to counsel prisoners. And the irony is that it probably won't be them that turn me into an unfeeling husk of hate, it'll be the beauracracy.

Or both.

Just because the system is fucked up doesn't mean the prisoners aren't also fucked up.

There's a whole lot of fuckmuppetry to go around in the prison system.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh god Buster just knocked himself out with a coconut that was stuck to his hook and I nearly shit myself laughing.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Or both.

Just because the system is fucked up doesn't mean the prisoners aren't also fucked up.

There's a whole lot of fuckmuppetry to go around in the prison system.

I anticipate being a lot less patient with an institution that with the institutionalized.

Wow, that was laconic. Neat.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    AIM has a leather community flag that you can use as your profile picture.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Ah, someone's watching AD. :^:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Awesome. Use it.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

I'm on the last episode of the second season now on Hulu. I'd only ever caught bits of it in college, and it always looked funny, but now watching the whole series back-to-back (and usually high out of my mind) it's some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

I'm on the last episode of the second season now on Hulu. I'd only ever caught bits of it in college, and it always looked funny, but now watching the whole series back-to-back (and usually high out of my mind) it's some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

It really works better that way. Uh, don't know about that "high" bit. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

Awesome. Use it.

I think I like my gemini face.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Ahahahaha Buster.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hippie (and anybody else who is interested) - I have a new AIM account: FeralNSFW

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.