As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] will always be [chat]!

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    This is an interesting report on which cities people most want to live in. I can't believe that 37% of people have never moved from their home city/town.
    On the food-and-drink front, a slight plurality would rather live in a place with more McDonald’s (43%) than one with more Starbucks (35%).

the fuck

People who shop at starbucks are obnoxious while people who shop at mcdonalds are just fat.

fat, obnoxious, and Nascar-y

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Huh, looks like smart and rich people like Boston
    Interesting

Why is Denver #1?
    Denver??
    San Diego I can see why it's up there...
    Colorado is America's Eden. Seriously, bad shit never happens there (well except that one thing) and it is filled with rich, white, athletic, good looking people.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    This is an interesting report on which cities people most want to live in. I can't believe that 37% of people have never moved from their home city/town.
    On the food-and-drink front, a slight plurality would rather live in a place with more McDonald’s (43%) than one with more Starbucks (35%).

the fuck

People who shop at starbucks are obnoxious while people who shop at mcdonalds are just fat.

fat, obnoxious, and Nascar-y

I dunno I've almost been broadsided a couple times from a stupid asshole in an suv with a starbucks cup where as mcdonalds just lets me point and laugh at my lessers. Entertainment factor.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    mcdonalds is for the worst dregs of humanity, it's right up there with wal-mart

don't live near pleb places, people

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    you can't spell nascary without scary

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I could very easily see myself not moving from Austin ever, or at least not for a decade or more, and I've been here since I was 3.

Partly because the city is so great, but the career path has me fairly locked into this specific city, which I guess is fairly unusual.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    you can't spell nascary without scary

I'm surprised grocery store wasn't listed as a something people would want to live closer to, thats one of my criteria.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Huh, looks like smart and rich people like Boston
    Interesting

Why is Denver #1?
    Denver??
    San Diego I can see why it's up there...

When I was deciding where to move to from DC, it was between Denver, San Diego, and Austin.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Why do so many people want to come to Florida? It sucks here.

Cinders on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    Why do so many people want to come to Florida? It sucks here.

Suck is a harsh term. Some areas aren't that bad.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Septus wrote: »

I could very easily see myself not moving from Austin ever, or at least not for a decade or more, and I've been here since I was 3.

Partly because the city is so great, but the career path has me fairly locked into this specific city, which I guess is fairly unusual.

It makes sense that if you're in a place you love, you don't want to move. I'm just surprised that 37% of people happened to be born in the city / town they love. (I don't know what criteria they used for never having moved -- if you had to be born there, moved there before a certain age, etc.)

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Florida is 1. warm and 2. cheap

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mcdonalds is for the worst dregs of humanity, it's right up there with wal-mart

don't live near pleb places, people

What are your thoughts on Subway?

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Septus wrote: »

It makes sense that if you're in a place you love, you don't want to move. I'm just surprised that 37% of people happened to be born in the city / town they love. (I don't know what criteria they used for never having moved -- if you had to be born there, moved there before a certain age, etc.)

Well I'd have to see cross tabs, they could have also polled people who are simply too poor to move and like a low self esteem ugly person accept they have to love where they live.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Florida is a shithole. Through and through. You ever see some fucked up shit on the news odds are the byline is from America's Wang.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm surprised such a relatively small percentage of people want to live in cities vs shit-hole suburbs and small town tedium

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't ever really want to leave Massachusetts mostly because I like being surrounded by liberal, well educated people who don't put up with any conservative bullshit

Tell you what, our governor would never replace Ted Kennedy with a republican in democrat clothing. Fucking New York.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Florida is a shithole. Through and through. You ever see some fucked up shit on the news odds are the byline is from America's Wang.

Yeah plus you have clearwater down there and thats 8 kinds of fucked up all by itself.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    like 5% of people not currently living in assfuck nowhere rural america are pinning for the chance to?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    like 5% of people not currently living in assfuck nowhere rural america are pinning for the chance to?

Racists.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't ever really want to leave Massachusetts mostly because I like being surrounded by liberal, well educated people who don't put up with any conservative bullshit

Tell you what, our governor would never replace Ted Kennedy with a republican in democrat clothing. Fucking New York.

Barney Frank has the most irritating voice.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OMG STOP THE WORK, IM TIRED OF WORKING.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wait, what's wrong with Clearwater?

I'm not defending it, I just don't know. And I live right near Clearwater. Right by Tampa.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, we put an offer in on that house Tuesday, and got a message today that the bank had accepted someone else's offer.

Oh well.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I'm not defending it, I just don't know. And I live right near Clearwater. Right by Tampa.
    Scientology HQ

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hi, I'm in class.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Say hi to your class for us

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    GREEPER LIKES STARING AT DOG BUTTS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    the back of the class you douche

Greeper on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Greeper don't you mean Church?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So, we put an offer in on that house Tuesday, and got a message today that the bank had accepted someone else's offer.

Oh well.

That cute little house in Chicago?

Bummer.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Haha.

Orlando is stupid.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    They have a good hoops team, though

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Haha.

Orlando is stupid.

You calling anything stupid is hilarious :)

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Haha.

Orlando is stupid.

And it's the most redeemable part of Florida. I bet they made that survey during the winter. It's the only time this place is remotely attractive.

Cinders on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Oh well.

That cute little house in Chicago?

Bummer.
    Yep. Have to wait and find out what got offered on it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Haha.

Orlando is stupid.

I'm just following the chart, man. It doesn't lie.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't understand why anyone would want to live in Tampa. I lived in Zephyrhills, which is like half an hour from Tampa at most, and it blew. I hated it. Well I hated living in FL as a whole. I'm glad I got out of there.

The only redeemable thing about FL was Ybor City. That was a pretty cool place to go to from time to time.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Haha.

Orlando is stupid.

I'm just following the chart, man. It doesn't lie.

Chart?

Scientology HQ

D:

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    someone do my work for me so i can chat.

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.