Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hannah Montana on the DS! (Use the other Rock Band thread)

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Games and Technology
This Week's DLC

Spongebob.jpg
SpongeBob SquarePants 01
  • I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You
  • The Best Day Ever
  • Where's Gary?
"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey
"Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar
"Geraldine" by Glasvegas
"C'mon C'mon" by Von Bondies

All songs are masters. The Journey, Pat Benatar, Glasvegas, and Von Bondies singles are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track. The SpongeBob SquarePants singles are $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3 song SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01.

Release dates: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360) Thursday, April 2, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Next Week's DLC

tobykeith.jpg
Toby Keith 01
  • Beer for My Horses
  • I Love This Bar
  • She’s a Hottie
  • Should’ve Been a Cowboy
  • Who’s Your Daddy?
  • How Do You Like Me Now
Singles
"Warriors of Time" by Black Tide
"Waking the Demon" by Bullet for My Valentine
"New Slang" by the Shins

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Toby Keith Pack 01

Locations:
Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Network

Release Date:
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)
Thursday, April 9, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Future DLC
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction [Sometime in '09]
Chinese Democracry by Guns 'n Roses [Sometime in '09]

========================

ROCK BAND RELEASE DATES

Rock Band 1
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now in most countries for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii depending on the store/location

Rock Band 2
Europe: Available now for the Xbox 360. March 27, 2009 for PS2 and PS3. April 24th for the Wii.
Australia: No info yet

AC/DC Live
United Kingdom: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii

The Big Fat DLC List <-link
Rather than list all the DLC, here is the WikiPedia page that lists all the downloadable tracks available for Rock Band.

These are the albums that have been put up for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest
The Cars by the Cars
Doolittle by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying by Megadeth
Moving Pictures by Rush
Blood Sugar Sex Magick by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003 by No Doubt
Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Ten by Pearl Jam

470 Downloadable songs by April 7th, 2009.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 on-disc tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
================
627 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2

FREE MUSIC
There are currently four tracks that are absolutely free to download for 360/PS3 and soon on the Wii. You should be able to find them and download them from the Music Store for $0. These tracks are:
  • "Still Alive" by GLAdOS
  • "Promised Land" by Vesuvius
  • "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts
  • "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
Along with those songs are the free 20 tracks people can download for buying Rock Band 2. These will be available exclusively to people who own Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii. Please remember to register your code (found on the back of the instruction manual) on rockband.com/bonustracks to be able to download these songs. All songs are masters.
  • "Sons and Daughters" by The 88
  • "No Regrets" by Authority Zero
  • "Prequel To The Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
  • "Bounce" by The Cab
  • "Get It On" by The Chevelles
  • "Give It To Me" by The Cocktail Slippers
  • "Database Corrupted" by Dealership
  • "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
  • "Ashes To Fire" by The Ghost Hounds
  • "Young" by Hollywood Undead
  • "The Feeling" by Kutless
  • "If I Ain't Got You" by The Len Price 3
  • "I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
  • "Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
  • "Magnetic Baby" by Semi-Precious Weapons
  • "Like a Fool" by Shaimus
  • "Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
  • "The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
  • "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
  • "I.V." by X Japan
PS2 DLC
The PS2 versions of Rock Band do not allow for DLC. However, HMX was kind enough to put out track packs. There are currently two volumes out. To see what songs are on those track packs, go here or scroll down a bit more.

ROCKIN' WITH YOUR WII
Originally, Rock Band Wii was a stripped down PS2 port that was quite shameful. In Rock Band 2, you will have a mostly fully featured game with the only limitation being customized band logos and a few other things. Online stuff, World Tour, BOTB, everything important is there in Rock Band 2. Unlike Rock Band, the Wii version of Rock Band 2 supports downloadable content, and all existing downloadable content will be made available to Wii users over time, with 30 existing songs to be made available at the game's launch. While songs can be stored to both the Wii's internal memory and to an SD card, only those songs in internal memory can be played.

PLASTIC INSTRUMENTS ALL UP INS
Don't know if your gear is compatible? Then have a look at this glorious spreadsheet right here. [Not maintained by me]

BROWSE BEFORE YOU BUY
Pretty much any on-disc song can be found on YouTube. If you want to see notecharts for DLC or simply want to hear the music, check out the Rock Band DLC Song Database page. They're usually pretty quick in getting videos up the day the dlc drops.

BROKEN INSTRUMENTS
Harmonix/EA/MTV have been nice so far and allowed people to RMA their broken equipment via EA's Support Site. After that, you need your reciept to send stuff in. Their live support line is at 1(650)628-1001, 6am to 8pm PST and automated 24hrs a day. Be prepared to submit your receipt to verify purchase. They are currently only honoring a 60 day warranty for Rock Band 2 gear.

PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.

PSN Handles
Forum Handle / PSN Name
midgetspy / Fiddlehumper
Ketar / Ketar
toolbert / toolbert
Junior Yank / junioryank

Wii Number Insanity
Homestar Gunner 3336-5117-8458

ROCK BAND 2 GEAR
Spoiler:

CHEATS
  • Unlock All Songs: R Y B R R B B R Y B "Unlock every song in the game!" [Disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
  • New Venues Only: R R R R Y Y Y Y "Only Show Rock Band 2 venues!" [Only let's you play in the new venues]
  • Stage Mode: B Y R B Y R B Y R "Apply tweaks that are useful for live, public Rock Band 2 performances!" [Enables No Fail, disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
  • Awesomeness Detection: Y B O Y B O Y B O "Let Harmonix know that you are really awesome!" [???]
OTHER ROCK BAND GAMES
Here are some Rock Band related games or upcoming games to look forward to.

Rock Band: Unplugged
So far all we know is that this will be on the PSP, will be able to use current DLC and it will play like Amplitude in which you tap along with the instruments using the two d-pads and shoulder buttons allowing you to switch instruments during the song. I will post more details when they are made available. It is rumored to be released before the end of the year, possible during the holidays.

The Beatles Rock Band
RB-Beatles.jpg
Spoiler:

AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack
ACDCLive.jpg
Release Date: Out now in most regions
Consoles: Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, & the Wii
Spoiler:
Rock Band Japan
RBJapan.jpg
Harmonix announced that it would be co-developing a Japanese version of Rock Band with Q Entertainment for an exclusive release in Japan for all major consoles. According to Harmonix, Rock Band: Japan will be "the first US-originated rock music game to be heavily localized for the Japanese market". A release date has not yet been announced. While the game mechanics are expected to remain the same as Rock Band, the game will be localized and its soundtrack will include songs by popular Japanese artists.

Rock Band Track Pack Vol. #1
Rb_track_pack_v1.jpg
Available for PS2 and Wii. Songs are played off the disc in Quickplay mode with no extra features.
Spoiler:

Rock Band Track Pack Vol. #2
Rock_Band_Track_Pack_Vol_2.jpg
Available for all consoles. Unlike the previous pack, you can import the songs from the disc onto the hard drive for use in either Rock Band games (except the PS2).
Spoiler:

Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock
Will be available for all consoles like the previous track packs. Similar to Volume 2, you will be able to import songs from the disc onto the hard drive for use in either Rock Band games (except the PS2).
Spoiler:

==================================

Community Stuff
You want to get all "MySpace" with this shit? Then head on over to the brand new RockBand.com site and register your account. From there, start dropping friend requests on some folks around here. Check out each others bands and have a look at some of the new additions to the website.

Battle of the Bands
  • The main new feature is online Band World Tour. You can also take your band and challenge other bands via the new Battle of the Bands feature. Every day a new challenge will be posted on either the Tour Challenge or Battle of the Bands. As far as Battle of the Band challenges go:
  • Your band's score is measured up against another band from your friend list.
  • You can also measure yourself against your friendlist on Rockband.com via the Battle of the Bands listing.
  • It isn't in real time but the score meter shows you how your band's progress is going.
  • In a BotB setlist, your multiplier and leftover Overdrive will carry on to the next song.
  • Make sure you read the requirements and rules for each challenge.
  • You don't need to be in a full band.
  • The PA Band List
  • Interested in measuring up against other forumers? Friend them on LIVE/PSN and see who's gunning for top spot. All the scores are saved for the leader of the band on that gamertag. As such, only the leader of the band is listed since we can all sub in for other bands. You can also friend people on rockband.com via your profiles and tracks against their BOTB scores.
Battle of the Band Challenges <-link
Go here, check out the upcoming battles, and compare your scores with other people who are your friends on RockBand.com
Need a friend to compare with? Go ahead and start off by adding my profile since it'll end up being the PA-community page anyway.

Special thanks to midgetspy, Unbreakable Vow, Shady 3011, quovadis13, mxmarks, Joah, Lunker, Smug Duckling, DarkPrimus and many others for their contributions in going through these threads like starving vultures on a dead buffalo carcass.

Arikado on
3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | LoL: Arikado PA | XBL: Arikado PA | BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter

• BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Uncle John's Band has a pretty badass drum part.

So a forest of boob trees is sexist?
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow YRP...in position It's showtime, girls.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The second Grateful Dead pack is incredibly underwhelming compared to the first one.

kTNzrVi.png?2
    Disasterrific! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
  • BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I went out and picked up the Mad Catz bass at Circuit City on their 20% off closeout. For the most part, I like it a lot and I'm glad I bought it. The whammy dial leaves a lot to be desired, but I can deal with it. I like the effects and start/back dials a lot for their novelty, though. Two-fingered strumming feels completely different and reminds me of when I first started alt-strumming. Also, it seems like the split bar doesn't register quite right when I go back and forth--I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but it's a little disappointing.

For the most part, it's just cool to have a separate guitar for the bass part. I'm hoping it makes the 2nd guitar player feel less like "Oh hey, I get the shitty guitar" now.

JC of DI wrote:
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So, there's a video of Kurt Cobain in [Guitar Hero 5] out. I feel dirty watching this, he just looks wrong.

Well Cobain's mo-cap session was completely useless, so you can't blame them.
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Got my RB2 drums from Amazon last night. Played for a long time. So fun.

smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thin Lizzy...nice. No Whiskey in the Jar though?

Yeah, thats a shame man.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whoa, I had practically given up on my 20 bonus songs, but I finally got the email today.

camo_sig2.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I just played the same guy six times in a row in Expert Bass score duel. And lost all 6.

We were the only people playing Expert Bass score duel. Because once he stopped searching, I couldn't get a game anymore D:

• JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    4-String Bass more like Bass 4-Losers

Seriously though, I've been playing bass all the time recently, since my down strum is pretty much destroyed on my Rock Band 2 strat. It just rests right on the border of where it registers, so there's very little movement downward, and sometimes it double hits as the initial spring-back puts it past the point, and gravity carries it back down - OR sometimes it's past that point so my strum doesn't count!

I could probably rig it up easily enough to be back into working condition - but I had been looking for an excuse to play more bass anyway. I just wish N.I.B. had the original bass intro so much more now.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    0ICLiGJhbC9GCRsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-+QB90=.jpg 0YCLiGJhbC81CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJBAAAAAOfn5-4F5Rw=.jpg 04CLiGJhbC82CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJCAAAAAOfn5-wk7Kk=.jpg 0ICLiGJhbC9ACxsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-9P3Vw=.jpg

:D

I'm really pleased with myself on this. Especially since I'd never played Visions before.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good Job Willeth! What instrument?

I have come to grips with the fact that I will more than likely never complete the endless setlist, let alone get bladder of steel. Dont think I can devote 6 hours at once to a game.

• KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    so wait, which dead song is the one people love for drums so much?

I don't actually have any, and am going to fix that tomorrow.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    None of the dead songs are really special, they're mostly really really annoying without being hard. I just liked Uncle John's band cause it has that wacky bongo solo.

So a forest of boob trees is sexist?
    edited February 2009
    Not Truckin'.

If I'm on drums and that comes up on a random setlist, I usually end up deleting the whole Grateful Dead pack 01 for like a week at the sheer amount of animosity I have towards that song.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
    edited February 2009
    I could've sworn people kept talking about how awesome/fun/unique one of the dead songs is to play on drums. One of the original ones.

• MithrusMithrus Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I feel like a fucking cave man with RB2 on PS2. I just want them to come out with a track pack 3 already.

getwriters.jpg
    Send a pm my way if you're interested.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    I could've sworn people kept talking about how awesome/fun/unique one of the dead songs is to play on drums. One of the original ones.

Well if you're not in a hurry you could always go to youtube and type in "rock band grateful dead drums".

I seem to recall I Need A Miracle being fun to play, but I'm a deadhead and love literally every song. Plus I don't play on expert.

camo_sig2.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus IT'S DARE! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm not going to buy a single Grateful Dead song ever.

spartasig.gif
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    edited February 2009
    All I really remember from GD 01 is that Casey Jones is interesting and tricky (maybe that's the one?) and that Truckin' will send me into a blind rage.

Really though my drums have been in RMA limbo for almost 2 months now, so that doesn't help my memory of the tracks.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
    edited February 2009
    I Need A Miracle is the only song of theirs that I would listen to out of the game, if only because of the cool southern rock vibe it has.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    All of the songs in the Dead 01 pack are awesome on drums except for Truckin and maybe Sugar Magnolia. Truckin is just red-blue + bass (or sometimes not) madness and Sugar Magnolia isn't that interesting.

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | LoL: Arikado PA | XBL: Arikado PA | BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow YRP...in position It's showtime, girls.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    I Need A Miracle is the only song of theirs that I would listen to out of the game, if only because of the cool southern rock vibe it has.

Because of the first Grateful Dead pack, I went out and bought Workingman's Dead and American Beauty. I enjoy both greatly.

kTNzrVi.png?2
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I play "I Need A Miracle" pretty often because I like the song a lot. Of the rest of the first pack, "China Cat Sunflower" and "Franklin's Tower" both have pretty great guitar parts. Sunflower has a pretty interesting drum chart too, but it's extremely challenging. The outro, in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn8TAfSIJuU

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2009
    Holy shit, what's up with All American Rejects.

They have seriously the funnest drum parts ever.

I have played Dirty Little Secret and Move Along probably over 20 times total in the last few days.

smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited February 2009
    I enjoy Move Along on drums simply because of the intro. It isn't difficult, I just love how they sound.

kTNzrVi.png?2
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, that's pretty cool. A 4 on 3 beat.

I like songs with long slow drum rolls (like Move Along).

smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase It's all in the game though, right?Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Good Job Willeth! What instrument?

I have come to grips with the fact that I will more than likely never complete the endless setlist, let alone get bladder of steel. Dont think I can devote 6 hours at once to a game.

I'm in that boat too. I know I'll eventually do the endless setlist but I don't know about Bladder of Steel. Damn baby is so needy.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Grateful Dead used two drummers, so some drum insanity is expected.

• Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tried this in the GH thread and I was ignored, so let's see if anyone knows anything here:
    Vater5B wrote: »
    Alright, so I need help. I've Googled for 30 minutes now and have found people with the same problem but no solution.

I put Guitar Hero III in my 360 for the first time ever tonight, and now suddenly my 2 Xplorers that have been working fine with GHII and RB suddenly don't work at all. For anything. The buttons just act like they are being mashed constantly. Even just at the dashboard. I have had them both since GHII came out, so it looks like no RMA or anything is possible.

Anyone know what's up?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Does the guitar have a switch on it to define between RB and GH?

I'm thinking of the Fender Bass that has a switch that decides between RB1 and RB2. Maybe something similar?

edited February 2009
    Xplorers eventually die by magically holding down frets.

They're dead, Jim

• RonenRonen Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Wow, I'm gonna be honest: I had never listened to Thin Lizzy before. Sure, I've heard Boys are Back in Town and Jailbreak throughout my life, but I've never sat down and really listened to them. Now that I have, I'm really excited for this week's DLC.

I'm totally picking up the Pack and the Pat Benatar song. I'm 50/50 on The Pretenders, but the rest of the tracks are so good that I don't think I'll need it.

Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So in the past we'd all analyze every DLC song endlessly, each giving opinions and going over every detail. The way things have gone with more and more DLC, I have found that some things have slipped through the cracks that NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to be addressed.

#1 - How was that other Ghost Hounds song? Anyone grab it? I love "Ashes To Fire".

#2 - HOW...HOW...HOW has no one really hammered home that "Forever" by In This Moment is a fucking PHENOMENAL, MUST-HAVE on EVERY instrument. My roomate bought it the other night on a whim, and he bought it on my XBox before going back to his, so I have it now. I think if the Lacuna Coil songs end up being good, I'll purchase the whole pack myself -- but DAMMIT, "Forever" is now my favorite song in the game (at the moment!), and it needed to be said. Go check it out if you havent yet.

XBL: MXrox - PSN: mxmarks - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • RonenRonen Registered User
    edited February 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    #2 - HOW...HOW...HOW has no one really hammered home that "Forever" by In This Moment is a fucking PHENOMENAL, MUST-HAVE on EVERY instrument. My roomate bought it the other night on a whim, and he bought it on my XBox before going back to his, so I have it now. I think if the Lacuna Coil songs end up being good, I'll purchase the whole pack myself -- but DAMMIT, "Forever" is now my favorite song in the game (at the moment!), and it needed to be said. Go check it out if you havent yet.

Agreed. I play this track every time I boot the game up. The Expert guitar part is so much fun and the bass part sounds so... substantial that it feels great to play. I really recommend this track.

In This Moment in general is a confusing band... they've got a very Evanescence/Lacuna Coil sound, but their lyrics are happy, jovial even. I love their balance though. They've got some other tracks on their second CD that would make great RB songs (I'm looking at you, Mechanical Love, You Always Believed and All For You).

Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

They're dead, Jim

That sucks... With both of them occurring at the same time I was really hoping it was software error.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I'm not going to buy a single Grateful Dead song ever.

Because of the difficulty or because you hate the band?

I mean, if you hate the band, more to you, but after actually hearing the Grateful Dead, I'll never understand all the flak and hatred they get.

kTNzrVi.png?2
    edited February 2009
    Vater5B wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »

They're dead, Jim

That sucks... With both of them occurring at the same time I was really hoping it was software error.

The giveaway is that it does it on the dash. Mine held down the blue fret so it'd constantly try to sign me out.

• SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Been playing this today, and it occured to me, any way to turn off the overdrive effects, both the wave upon gaining some and the background effect?

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am touching wood so hard about my plastic instruments. My Xplorer has been battered to fuck in the rain and my drums have endured baggage handlers at Seattle, Chicago and Manchester with no padding, and they're both working flawlessly right now.

The Bladder of Steel run was Expert bass, for anyone who wanted to know.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    I am touching wood so hard about my plastic instruments. My Xplorer has been battered to fuck in the rain and my drums have endured baggage handlers at Seattle, Chicago and Manchester with no padding, and they're both working flawlessly right now.

The Bladder of Steel run was Expert bass, for anyone who wanted to know.

I expect to do a BoS Expert Bass attempt fairly soon. I came close on guitar, but I suspect the calibration coupled with my being a bit tired caused me to fail on three late songs. (Bodhisattva, Battery, and Panic Attack, FYI)

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, the rattling seems to be from the cymbal itself. *sigh* Don't really want to RMA the thing tho...

So, finally decided to open up my Cymbal. The rattling was caused by three "spare" screws. Now they sound just like the rest.

By the way, mini review. Oh my God, using three cymbals sometimes causes my mind to overload trying to figure them out but it's 300% better. It just feels way more fun. I do recommend them only if you're already playing hard-expert tho.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg