Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Wordpress Help

MorinokoMorinoko Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello, i have a Wordpress blog installed at a subdomain (it's a Dreamhost, one click install):

blog.my-domain.com

And I will have a static (HTML) site under the regular or parent domain:

my-domain.com
www.my-domain.com

How do i manage to integrate both sites? I have already edited the blog's theme, so it resembles the static site and have links to the main sections in the main navigation at the header.

What i need is to see the blog as the home page when i go to my-domain.com or www.my-domain.com, and then, be able to jumpt to any of the static pages when i click a link (my-domain.com/about or my-domain.com/contact, for example).

Is this possible?

I don't want to migrate the static (HTML) pages to Pages inside Wordpress, i have all the site built and have a couple of forms that i don't want to migrate.

Morinoko on

• MorinokoMorinoko Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ooops.

I just uploaded everything (the static site) to the blog directory and it worked. I was considering it not to work, because of mod_rewrites, but i guess Wordpress isn't that complex.