Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] garners literary acclaim, high fives

145791049

Posts

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I predict that Dennis Quaid will be delightful in it, and that's all I need.

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There is the Baroness.

    Who cares about the rest of the movie.

    Also maybe Destro.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
    ·
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Ninjas aren't actually real though.

    Depends on your definition of real, and your definition of ninja.


    Ok yes, there was a historical ninja which bears a slight resemblance at best to the theatrical ninja, and no resemblance whatsofuckingever to Naruto.


    But there aren't any ninjas anymore.

    There ARE still practitioners of the ninjutsu martial art, however.

    Whether that makes them ninjas is up to you.


    Yeah, it really doesn't.


    In other news: Playing with bamboo kendo "swords" does not make you a samurai.

    ·
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    There is the Baroness.

    Who cares about the rest of the movie.

    Also maybe Destro.

    I'm curious as to how they're going to get his head to be shiny.

    tea-1.jpg
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I really liked Transformers actually, but that was because I was quite impressed by the CGI and general treatment of the source material.

    GI Joe, I probably won't be too enthused with but I am going to go see it. I really just want to see what they do with it to be frank.

    I didn't mean to be too negative on them. I like the visuals in Transformers though I did really want some more BIG shots as opposed to the closeups at the end. I'd have loved it then I think, purely on the visuals. as is I'm glad I saw it, there are parts I'd never watch again but the beginning and end would hold my attention on cable.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    There is the Baroness.

    Who cares about the rest of the movie.

    Also maybe Destro.

    And Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander!

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how they're going to get his head to be shiny.

    Chrome skull cap?

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
    ·
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    There is the Baroness.

    Who cares about the rest of the movie.

    Also maybe Destro.

    And Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander!

    i can't wait to see this

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't know he was in it, now I have to decide how much that matters to me.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hail Cobra!

    tea-1.jpg
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how they're going to get his head to be shiny.

    Chrome skull cap?

    Supposedly he'll have a metal mask as the Destro family heirloom, and will presumably put it on at some point.

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmm.


    I've never read nor seen The Princess Bride.

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I really liked Transformers actually, but that was because I was quite impressed by the CGI and general treatment of the source material.

    GI Joe, I probably won't be too enthused with but I am going to go see it. I really just want to see what they do with it to be frank.

    I didn't mean to be too negative on them. I like the visuals in Transformers though I did really want some more BIG shots as opposed to the closeups at the end

    They are doing a lot more of this in the second movie (you can tell from the trailer in fact). I believe that more money = more effects shots = more robots.

    Which was always going to be the way this worked when you're developing a system that is 600,000$ per effects shot you try to do or something first time around.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Hmm.


    I've never read nor seen The Princess Bride.

    Correct that post-haste, good sir!

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Hmm.


    I've never read nor seen The Princess Bride.

    Correct that post-haste, good sir!

    Well, which is better; the movie, or the book? And if they're both good, in which order should they be read/seen?

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    see the movie

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Hmm.


    I've never read nor seen The Princess Bride.

    Correct that post-haste, good sir!

    Well, which is better; the movie, or the book? And if they're both good, in which order should they be experienced?

    They're both wonderful, and the movie is incredibly faithful to the book. I saw the movie first, and watched it for years before ever reading the book, which was, overall, a richer experience I suppose. Honestly, it can go either way. So... whichever order you want, really.

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I really liked Transformers actually, but that was because I was quite impressed by the CGI and general treatment of the source material.

    GI Joe, I probably won't be too enthused with but I am going to go see it. I really just want to see what they do with it to be frank.

    I didn't mean to be too negative on them. I like the visuals in Transformers though I did really want some more BIG shots as opposed to the closeups at the end

    They are doing a lot more of this in the second movie (you can tell from the trailer in fact). I believe that more money = more effects shots = more robots.

    Which was always going to be the way this worked when you're developing a system that is 600,000$ per effects shot you try to do or something first time around.

    true enough.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would fuck the shit out of him

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I can understand that

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    no february movie thread huh

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Damnit, it looks like the website I used to go for paintball videos years ago has fallen into disrepair and now is host to nasty viruses.

    Bullocks.

    sCRbfKZ.jpg
    ·
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would fuck the shit out of him

    Yes, he is very sexy. But also interesting. Worth a fuck and some pillow talk.

    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Is TvTropes common enough nowadays to excuse describing particular cliches by their trope titles, which would otherwise be esoteric mumbo-jumbo?

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    jeepguy wrote: »
    I would fuck the shit out of him

    Yes, he is very sexy. But also interesting. Worth a fuck and some pillow talk.

    oh totally

    that's a lot of the appeal

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    ·
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Is TvTropes common enough nowadays to excuse describing particular cliches by their trope titles, which would otherwise be esoteric mumbo-jumbo?

    probably only to nerds unless they're obvious tropes

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    ·
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Hail Cobra!

    Cobra-lalalalalala

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Casual Eddy, could I ask you something?

    Is there a TV show of your childhood that you are often nostalgic for?

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm 'watching' the second chronicles of narnia. that is, it's on in the background. I just want to see the pretty colors.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    ·
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm 'watching' the second chronicles of narnia. that is, it's on in the background. I just want to see the pretty colors.

    That movie had one perfect moment.

    "Yes. And then we could throw them at the Talmarines! SHUT UP."

    sig.gif
    ·
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If I ever have a family I want to eat meals together.

    ·
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Casual Eddy, could I ask you something?

    Is there a TV show of your childhood that you are often nostalgic for?

    hrm.

    beast wars, although I rewatched some of it recently.

    I ended up hating power rangers.

    Reboot I guess? Although my nostalgia was ruined by how dated the graphics are now.

    I liked wishbone a lot.

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    ·
  • GimGim Why was I ever doing it? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I had this bad dream that Batman turned into an angry Welshman who threatened to break lights.

    4Z2nJYM.png
    ·
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, after acquiring tickets to Modest Mouse in Atlanta, I find out that FotC is playing a show on 4/11 at the Fox. So, yes. Shaping out to be a very good year to live near Atlanta so far :v

    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shiiiiit the next PSP paintball game is going to be right by where I was staying in Phoenix.

    (Yes I know none of you dudes care about this shit).

    sCRbfKZ.jpg
    ·
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Frozen Tundra NYCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i just read a 13 page short story for workshop

    here is what happened:

    nothing

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    ·
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh man this is the first time since college I got booty called.

    *texts back not tonight*

    Oh man don't I feel like a real man.

    *drinks a beer*

    *pounds chest*

    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Oh man this is the first time since college I got booty called.

    *texts back not tonight*

    Oh man don't I feel like a real man.

    *drinks a beer*

    *pounds chest*
    A real man charts his own course an the great ocean of romantic intercourse.

    Are you a cartographer? An oarsman? Or are you the sailboat?

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    He's the swan entering the tunnel of love.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    ·
145791049
This discussion has been closed.