Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
http://kotaku.com/5147274/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2-fusion-trailer


Here we go, Kotaku has a peak at the comic con trailer of the new Marvel: UA Fusion.

Brainiac 8 on
3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
PSN - Brainiac_8
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
Add me!
«13456743

Posts

  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Happy to see that they're going with the Civil War arc, but man... the trailer isn't very pretty.

    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Definitely in game graphics, not CGI. I love it. It looks so good.

    Games completed recently: Dragon's Crown, Knights of Pen and Paper, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (20th time), Defender's Quest, The Witcher
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It looks good to me also.

    As long as they make sure to have Cyclops in it, I'll be happy.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So is the Thor in this a clone too or what.

    x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They have a very weird art style. But the Civil War? I can dig it.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So Civil War sucks? I don't keep up on comics much, just that there's apparently some weird guy named Quesadilla who is RUINING COMICS FOREVAR~~~!!!1one and apparently they decided Spider Man needed to be 15 years old again?



    What's the Release Date on this?

    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • corin7corin7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Doesn't look like Raven is doing this one? I didn't see their name mentioned on the end splash screen.

    ninsig.jpg
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    So Civil War sucks? I don't keep up on comics much, just that there's apparently some weird guy named Quesadilla who is RUINING COMICS FOREVAR~~~!!!1one and apparently they decided Spider Man needed to be 15 years old again?



    What's the Release Date on this?

    Eh, I wouldn't say it sucked, but it didn't sit well with a lot of people for various reasons. I was sort of ok with it, but it didn't really do much for me. But clone Thor was pretty lame. But it did spawn some interesting ideas and other comics that were pretty good.

    As for the Spider-Man situation:
    Spoiler:

    There have actually been some good stories after OMD, but...well, how it happened and why it happened was, um, stupid.

    x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My big problem with Civil War is that it was short and could've probably been a lasting event for a while.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    My big problem with Civil War is that it was short and could've probably been a lasting event for a while.

    My problem with Civil is "lol Skrulls did it."

    As for the game itself, I had loads of fun with the first one and if they're actually tweaking this version to make the other non-avengers(best team, imo) good then I'll like this one too.

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It was more pretentious all shock and no substance schlock by Millar.

    Bleh.

    One More Day was just one last attempt by Joe Q to completely destory the character of Spider-Man.

    Double bleh.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Random thought: Last time I saw MUA2 it didn't mention Civil War at all. Did they decide to throw it in during the development process or something?


    And, release date?

    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Trailer says Fall 2009.

    I never did finish M:UA, but I did like it.

    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    Random thought: Last time I saw MUA2 it didn't mention Civil War at all. Did they decide to throw it in during the development process or something?


    And, release date?

    From what I remember in a GI issue I saw, they actually did have a few screenshots of Captain America vs. Iron Man so I think the Civil War idea was in the works for a while.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hell yeah, it's been my dream for ages to kick ass with Howard the Duck.

    And Joe didn't MEAN to destroy Spider-Man, he was just all "man it sucks that he's married, wish I could unmarry him!" and then it was done in a truly stupid way.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is it just me or were there no new characters in there except a brief Hulk shot?

    If it's going to be the same team of Wolverine/Cap/Storm/Human Torch, I might as well just replay MUA 1.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    Is it just me or were there no new characters in there except a brief Hulk shot?

    If it's going to be the same team of Wolverine/Cap/Storm/Human Torch, I might as well just replay MUA 1.

    The lack of Thor in the team is horrible.

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Supposedly, it will have many new characters, but all of the ones shown so far were in the first game.

    Hulk wasn't technically new either, since you could download him onto the 360.

    With them following the Civil War plot, I'm assuming we'll finally get to play some cool villians through the Thunderbolts.

    Bullseye, Venom, Green Goblin, and Songbird FTW. :^:

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Supposedly, it will have many new characters, but all of the ones shown so far were in the first game.

    Hulk wasn't technically new either, since you could download him onto the 360.

    With them following the Civil War plot, I'm assuming we'll finally get to play some cool villians through the Thunderbolts.

    Bullseye, Venom, Green Goblin, and Songbird FTW. :^:

    Don't forget Penance...he's powered by emo.

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Supposedly, it will have many new characters, but all of the ones shown so far were in the first game.

    Hulk wasn't technically new either, since you could download him onto the 360.

    With them following the Civil War plot, I'm assuming we'll finally get to play some cool villians through the Thunderbolts.

    Bullseye, Venom, Green Goblin, and Songbird FTW. :^:

    Don't forget Penance...he's powered by emo.


    I've been trying to forget him since he's become Emoball. It spits on two things: The history of Speedball, and it spits on a character that already had that name...the much cooler Penance of Generation X fame.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Supposedly, it will have many new characters, but all of the ones shown so far were in the first game.

    Hulk wasn't technically new either, since you could download him onto the 360.

    With them following the Civil War plot, I'm assuming we'll finally get to play some cool villians through the Thunderbolts.

    Bullseye, Venom, Green Goblin, and Songbird FTW. :^:

    Don't forget Penance...he's powered by emo.


    I've been trying to forget him since he's become Emoball. It spits on two things: The history of Speedball, and it spits on a character that already had that name...the much cooler Penance of Generation X fame.

    She's called Hollow now!

    x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If they include Iron Fist, I'll be happy. I read through one of the recent trade paperbacks of him, and I'm really liking it.

    Steam ID:
    Spoiler:
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    So Civil War sucks? I don't keep up on comics much, just that there's apparently some weird guy named Quesadilla who is RUINING COMICS FOREVAR~~~!!!1one and apparently they decided Spider Man needed to be 15 years old again?



    What's the Release Date on this?

    Eh, I wouldn't say it sucked, but it didn't sit well with a lot of people for various reasons. I was sort of ok with it, but it didn't really do much for me. But clone Thor was pretty lame. But it did spawn some interesting ideas and other comics that were pretty good.

    As for the Spider-Man situation:
    Spoiler:

    There have actually been some good stories after OMD, but...well, how it happened and why it happened was, um, stupid.

    Yeah, as much as I love the comic characters, this is the kinda shit that keeps me from ever actually reading them and following them seriously. I'll stick with the video games and movies that borrow ideas from them and generally have less complete retardation of the storylines. Not always though.

    steam_sig.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Spider-Man's Brand New Day is probably the worst thing Marvel's done in 10 years, so it's probably not fair to judge them all for that. There's plenty of good stuff that could be recommended though.

    In Marvel, anyways. All of DC's good stuff seems to be in bad selling books that get canceled after 25 issues.

  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    M:UA co-op was great. I've run through the hardest difficulty a couple times with three other people and it's the most fun I've had with co-op next to L4D. I'm very excited about this one.

    The original Thunderbolts would be better than the new ones, though. Citizen V, Songbird, Moonstone, and Techno would be a great team.

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    Spider-Man's Brand New Day is probably the worst thing Marvel's done in 10 years, so it's probably not fair to judge them all for that. There's plenty of good stuff that could be recommended though.

    In Marvel, anyways. All of DC's good stuff seems to be in bad selling books that get canceled after 25 issues.


    Reasons why Marvel can still do things right, summed up in three bullet points:

    1. Annihilation
    2. Nova
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy



    Oh, and my most requested character in M: UA2 is Nova! Wooo! :D

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    Spider-Man's Brand New Day is probably the worst thing Marvel's done in 10 years, so it's probably not fair to judge them all for that. There's plenty of good stuff that could be recommended though.

    In Marvel, anyways. All of DC's good stuff seems to be in bad selling books that get canceled after 25 issues.


    Reasons why Marvel can still do things right, summed up in three bullet points:

    1. Annihilation
    2. Nova
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy



    Oh, and my most requested character in M: UA2 is Nova! Wooo! :D

    Galactus makes everything better.

  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am tempted to tell my baby bro to go fuck himself and beat the rest of Marvel Ultimate Alliance myself.

    That said, this was awesome,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDr57ajoTlU

  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I find myself trying to imitate that scene when I'm alone and bored.

    "Hail, brave warriors of Asgard!"

    "Hail, brave warriors of Asgard!"

  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Where is kotaku getting the Fusion subtitle from?

    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Where is kotaku getting the Fusion subtitle from?

    That's what's called. You know for fusion attacks and what not.

    bO0v7.png
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    http://unleashfusion.marvel.com/

    It's the official name of the game.


    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion

    It's because you can combine powers in the game for major damage!

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If Wolverine and Colossus are in it together there better be a Fastball Special fusion.

    bO0v7.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »
    If Wolverine and Colossus are in it together there better be a Fastball Special fusion.

    I imagine thats a given as it was doable even in X-Men Legends.

    steam_sig.png
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    If Wolverine and Colossus are in it together there better be a Fastball Special fusion.

    I imagine thats a given as it was doable even in X-Men Legends.

    I was only able to play that game for about ten minutes before my Xbox caught fire years ago. You telling me this makes me sad.

    So sad.

    bO0v7.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I only have M:UA for the Wii, and don't like the Waggle. Is M:UA for the 360 worth picking up?

    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am tempted to tell my baby bro to go fuck himself and beat the rest of Marvel Ultimate Alliance myself.

    That said, this was awesome,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDr57ajoTlU
    That guy was the best part.

    FOR ASGARD!

    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User
    edited February 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    I only have M:UA for the Wii, and don't like the Waggle. Is M:UA for the 360 worth picking up?

    I got mine for free, so I wouldn't know, but it is some good co-op times. My buddies and I had a team of Class Iron man(me), symbiote spidey, classic thor, and deadpool.

  • El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Why wasn't there any Deadpool in that trailer?

    Not only was he in the first one, but I'm pretty sure I saw Cable at one point in the trailer too.

    You can't have Cable without Deadpool. That's just dumb.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man, no iron spidey suit?

    Woulda been awesome...

«13456743
Sign In or Register to comment.