As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

• Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'll be up for playing, just PM me whenever you want to, or message me on live (also add me, gamertag is in my sig.) .

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you're still looking for people to play, GT is Blankosaurus :) Iron man 4tw.

aBlank on
  • Options
    freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So the heroes villains pack is deal of the week - 560 points

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Whoa really? I might pick it up.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Is MUA2 out yet?

I'm like a guy crawling through the desert, and MUA2 is the mirage of an oasis.

Only a superhero beat 'em up game can keep me alive in this wasteland.

desc on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ordered last night. I believe it shipped today (or at least I got an email that they got my payment). 4-14 days, possibly 20. I predict it will be here this week. I needs to get mah Alliance on.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If I can find this for under 10$ somewhere, I would be so down to play.

Awesome. Looks like I can finally play Forza 2 as well http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0010B49IW/ref=sr_1_olp_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242673049&sr=8-6

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Deadpool announced as a character for MUA2 (as if we didn't already know that). But now with shiny gameplay trailer showing him off!

From IGN

H*R on
    Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bought.

I'm up for playing online as well, the last time we did a game on we only played like twice. Send me a PM if you need another player.

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    That deadpool trailer looked aces! Really can't wait for this now. My only real problem with the first was that it felt a bit too like a ps2 game with hi res textures.

Still loved it though.

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I'm down for online play as well.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I still don't like Deadpool teleporting around. Okay, so he used to do it or whatever, but I just don't think it really suits him.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    He doesn't look right. The black areas around his eyes aren't nearly big enough.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh, China.
    Whoever thought up that series of jumping obstacles in Mandarin's mansion should burn in gamer hell. "Oh, sorry. Your teleportation simply won't work up here. How about you get hit by fire instead? P.S. Fliers get a free pass."

Dicks. And yes, I am annoyed at a simplistic jumping puzzle.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Paradiso wrote: »
    Oh, China.
    Whoever thought up that series of jumping obstacles in Mandarin's mansion should burn in gamer hell. "Oh, sorry. Your teleportation simply won't work up here. How about you get hit by fire instead? P.S. Fliers get a free pass."

That part is 10 times more frustrating then it should be . I always just pick a flyer and pass it.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh, China.

That part is 10 times more frustrating then it should be . I always just pick a flyer and pass it.

Provided you remember to bring one...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    He doesn't look right. The black areas around his eyes aren't nearly big enough.

It's the costume he wears in Cable and Deadpool.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh, China.

Just portal out and pick up your favorite and then change your guy at the next save point. At least it wasn't as bad as the pitfall crocodiles.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh, China.

Just portal out and pick up your favorite and then change your guy at the next save point. At least it wasn't as bad as the pitfall crocodiles.

I really don't remember Pitfall being quite that hard.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well buying the DLC has reminded me what a good game this is. I take it back, it's next gen enough just err needs more bloom.

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I can't wait for this game to show up in the mail. I will definitely let you all know when I receive it. I really want to play through the whole game with human characters (or at least one or two of you).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh, China.

That's more of a personal stigma. For whatever reason one time I played it I could not fucking pass the crocs no matter what I did. I think it took me 15 minutes to pass one screen , I wanted to scream!

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh, China.

That's more of a personal stigma. For whatever reason one time I played it I could not fucking pass the crocs no matter what I did. I think it took me 15 minutes to pass one screen , I wanted to scream!

Part of the problem I had with the Pitfall mini-game was that characters seemed to retain momentum. And from what I remember of the original (or at least the Intellivision version I played), it was old-school platformer physics where you didn't have to worry about proper momentum at all.

Plus, if you remember not to rush the croc jumps, you can make it without much difficulty. Trying to quickly jump them results in having to it again.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, how do you make a Deadpool trailer and not even include one quip?

Guess they don't have VA's line up yet.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

Could be they want to get Ryan Reynolds to re-record the dialog. I'd love to see John Kassir return as the voice, but sometimes there just has to be 'marketing synergy'...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Could be they want to get Ryan Reynolds to re-record the dialog. I'd love to see John Kassir return as the voice, but sometimes there just has to be 'marketing synergy'...

Is Ryan Reynolds slated to be his voice actor?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

Is Ryan Reynolds slated to be his voice actor?

Don't know. Maybe? If I were making a Deadpool movie, I'd have gotten some athletic motherfucker to wear the suit and dub all the lines in by Kassir. A Ryan Reynolds movie doesn't upset me, but I really like Kassir's work. As Deadpool and other stuff.

Having Reynolds record the DP dialogue for M:UA2 simply wouldn't surprise me at all.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't wait for this game to show up in the mail. I will definitely let you all know when I receive it. I really want to play through the whole game with human characters (or at least one or two of you).

I was under the impression it was being released in September. That's what it says on Amazon.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I was under the impression it was being released in September. That's what it says on Amazon.

He recently purchased the first MUA.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    El Extremo wrote: »

He recently purchased the first MUA.

Winner.

I am so going to be hooked on this game just like I was with X-Men Legends 1 a few summers ago.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I never played the X-Men Legends games. Are they still worth playing? I was thinking of at least picking up the second, because I take playable Deadpool wherever I can get him.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I never played the X-Men Legends games. Are they still worth playing? I was thinking of at least picking up the second, because I take playable Deadpool wherever I can get him.

I was just so into the first one for some reason. I never beat it, but played a shit ton. Bought the second and UA used on PS2 and never really played them.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I loved playing MUA arcade style co-op, getting the points summary at the end of chapters.

My friend usually won and got the money and exp bonuses though.

Fucking Hulk

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

About time. I could still never find the gold version.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

I picked it up for the Xbox a few months ago, only to find out it doesn't work on the 360. Just a heads up in case thats a similar scenario for you.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I picked it up for the Xbox a few months ago, only to find out it doesn't work on the 360. Just a heads up in case thats a similar scenario for you.

That shouldn't be a problem. I picked up an original xbox not too long ago.

On topic: Deadpool rocks!

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    My copy of UA:G shipped today. I assume it will take until next week to get here, but we will see.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just love that they are using the current Iron Fist costume from his series. Looks so much better than his old costume.

Also for those who dont know, Game Informer also announced that one character will be a preorder bonus.

The Juggernaut.

I wonder if it will be a download code, or if it will be just a cheat code to unlock him.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I just love that they are using the current Iron Fist costume from his series. Looks so much better than his old costume.

Also for those who dont know, Game Informer also announced that one character will be a preorder bonus.

The Juggernaut.

I wonder if it will be a download code, or if it will be just a cheat code to unlock him.

This makes me want to preorder. I would love to play as him and continuously say, "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!"

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

The Juggernaut.

This makes me want to preorder. I would love to play as him and continuously say, "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!"

He needs to have that as dialogue in the game. Maybe a level up line?

EspantaPajaro on