As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 web browser quesion

SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Ive read that you can access YouTube with it, is anyone here able to watch ZeroPunctuation on it?

Sakebomb on

• Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    umm... do you have a ps3? just try it ?

Sony updated the flash to a more recent version, giving you access to hulu and the like. So unless the flash used is the VERY latest cutting edge version that is required, your fine.

Is this question hypothetical ?

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Doesn't ZeroPunctuation use Java? My experience running anything other than a Youtube video is abysmal. I don't think the PS3 has the right codecs to view most streaming videos.

Black Ice on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zero Punctuation worked until the last update - I tried it a few times and it just freezes the system when you try to load the page with the vid in it. A damn shame, 'cause prior to this my PS3 ran the vids better than my POS PC.

At least GameTrailers works like a charm.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    umm... do you have a ps3? just try it ?

Sony updated the flash to a more recent version, giving you access to hulu and the like. So unless the flash used is the VERY latest cutting edge version that is required, your fine.

Is this question hypothetical ?

Hoping to buy one two paychecks from now.
    Me & my fiance always curl up on the beanbag every wednesday with the laptop. Would be nice to just watch it on the TV instead

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know about ZP - I'll check later.

In general, browsing on the PS3 is OK, depends on your setup. You can use the controller, but it becomes a pretty big pain to enter o n e l e t t e r a t a t i m e after awhile. I have the "mediaboard pro" and it helps. What size TV do you have?

YouTube just came out with a "TV" version of their site; www.youtube.com/tv

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I don't know about ZP - I'll check later.

In general, browsing on the PS3 is OK, depends on your setup. You can use the controller, but it becomes a pretty big pain to enter o n e l e t t e r a t a t i m e after awhile. I have the "mediaboard pro" and it helps. What size TV do you have?

YouTube just came out with a "TV" version of their site; www.youtube.com/tv

Its a big flat RCA LCD tv.

Sakebomb on