As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED Goin to a concert. What the hell is a Parterre?

SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Video Games Live is coming to my home town and I want to get good seats for the show, but I have no frakking idea how to translate this shit:
CHOOSE TICKETS BY SECTION:

Pit
Orchestra
Parterre
Mezzanine
Balcony

Theres no useful information on the website, I guess they assume everyone in Austin is classy enuff to know this crap already.
Balcony and Pit I understand. What do the others mean?

Sakebomb on

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quotes from wikipedia

"The word parterre comes from French, "on the ground" where it is used in the same sense but also has several other meanings, for example, that part of the auditorium of a theatre that may also be called in English "orchestra seats" or the "stalls"."

"Mezzanine, in a theater, may refer to the lowest balcony in the theater."

I'm guessing the orchestra seats are the ones right at the front but that's just an educated guess.

Casual on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    iirc, Parterre is on the floor and Mezzanine is the first balcony? Pit Orchestra Parterre are all terms that divide up the floor with respect to the stage and depends on the theatre I think.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Parterre usually means underneath the balconies (so rear of the main floor). Mezzanine is the lowest balcony, and I'm going to assume you can probably guess what Orchestra means.

edit: beaten like a red headed step child.

Rook on
  • Options
    SoggychickenSoggychicken Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Soggychicken on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If experience serves correctly, high balconies suck as seating. But it should be pretty obvious how good it's going to be due to the price you'll pay.

Rook on
  • Options
    SoggychickenSoggychicken Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rook wrote: »
    If experience serves correctly, high balconies suck as seating. But it should be pretty obvious how good it's going to be due to the price you'll pay.

Actually that depends a lot on the hall. I know of halls where the orchestra sounds the best way up in the nosebleeds.

Soggychicken on
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

PERFECT! Thats exactly what I was looking for.
    Looks like Ochestra is the best in the house.

Thanks everyone.

Sakebomb on
This discussion has been closed.