Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

WH40K: DoW2 multiplayer thread. Now with more jailings!

2456766

Posts

  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is there something I have to tinker with to get the client to load replays? I can highlight them, I can see them but it won't allow to load the file.

    Edit: I fail at the double click.

  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Is there something I have to tinker with to get the client to load replays? I can highlight them, I can see them but it won't allow to load the file.

    Double click the replay. Buttons are only for the full version.

    Edit: beat'd by the questioner. You cad!

  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    So... I've been playing eldar recently to investigate everyones complaints about how shitty they are, and how its impossible to win with them or something.

    I get matched up against a trueskill 24 ork player for like my third or forth head to head game with eldar.

    I eventually pull off a victory without making a single platform, and despite being afk for the first two and a half minutes of the game. 8-)

    http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/replays.php?game=47&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=67856&st=0#post5482528
    Yeah, nobody says you can't win anymore. It's just not as fun not buiding any aspect warriors.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ugh, so I had my first game against a decent nid player since the patch. Carnifex spam can't be beat with Eldar. I tried brightlance platforms, wraithlords, falcons and D-Cannons. Nothing works, and they kill any platform squad in two shots.

    Wraithlords were nerfed so hard it's not even funny, their shuriken cannon/brightlance does absolute shit for damage now and they fall in about 4 shots from anything AV or plasma. Platforms just aren't agile enough, it's too easy to just walk outside their line of fire knowing it will take them 10 seconds to redeploy, and one hit from anything semi-powerful will push the platform around and leave it facing the wrong way.

    I can deal with orks pretty well, and a SM player who doesn't spam dreads or doesn't micro them well I can beat with brightlance platforms and some falcons. But good nids are just unstoppable. And by good I mean hive tyrant/ravener, zoeys and carnifex spammers.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549 AC:NL Trading List
    sig.gif
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    Who's supposed to be the floating, greasy, armored brain? Doesn't sound like 'Nids.

    That's basically Zoanthropes.

    sig.png
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    So... I've been playing eldar recently to investigate everyones complaints about how shitty they are, and how its impossible to win with them or something.

    I get matched up against a trueskill 24 ork player for like my third or forth head to head game with eldar.

    I eventually pull off a victory without making a single platform, and despite being afk for the first two and a half minutes of the game. 8-)

    http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/replays.php?game=47&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=67856&st=0#post5482528
    Yeah, nobody says you can't win anymore. It's just not as fun not buiding any aspect warriors.

    aren't there only 2 aspect warriors anyway? shees and warp spiders? or am I forgetting someone...

  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

    I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549 AC:NL Trading List
    sig.gif
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

    I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

    which would just encourage more platform use? I thought the whole thing was that platforms are effective but not fun

    also: Chaos is awesome and you guys are dumb. ethugs is right that chaos/sm is the central concept of the wh40k universe, so its a little weird for Chaos not to be in the first game. It is nice that they went with nids though.. you get 4 unique races instead of 3.5, and people had been wanting nids for forever. Are SM and CSM very similar in TT?

  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Id rather see the rest of the eldar units be useful. Maybe decrease the brightlance platform deploy time slightly since other races all have anti-vehicle units with no setup time (though weaker, like the tankbustaz).

    Really I'd love to run into a bunch of guardians and warp spiders without wondering where the platform is, because its the only real threat. Spiking nades and spamming platforms shouldn't be all of t1.

  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINE Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

    LordAsmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus.gif
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    I just can't wait for Chaos. Why? Because Chaos is Strong, Chaos is Power, and Chaos is Legion!

    chaos_dwarf_warriors_2_1.jpg

    Fixed.

    FACT: Chaos Dwarves are the best Fantasy army.

    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

    Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Chaos Demons would work only if they got four heroes.

    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • AkiraAkira Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

    Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

    Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

    akira.gif
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

    Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

    Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

    Yeah, they could do something pretty cool with them. Like, hmm. How about a whole army that can cloak and is armed with plasma? That would be pretty cool.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Really I'd love to run into a bunch of guardians and warp spiders without wondering where the platform is, because its the only real threat.

    You should probably watch the replay I posted.

  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINE Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They could actually use the DIFFERENT shit that Chaos has and focus on that. Like Daemons. And Daemon Engines. And Sorcerers. And Marks. And Specialized Squads (Khorne Zerkers are great sure, but how about some fuckin NOISE MARINES. I want some Rock and Roll Chaos Rines people!) And Evil. None of the current races is evil. Orkz just love to fight, Space Marines are bastions of humanities hope, Eldar are... Eldar, and Nids just eat everything. Chaos would be the first outright evil group if they were introduced.

    Give Slaanesh a chance, Rock and Roll Marines foreva!

    finishedPhantom.jpg

    LordAsmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus.gif
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    I just can't wait for Chaos. Why? Because Chaos is Strong, Chaos is Power, and Chaos is Legion!

    http://misspainting.com/pic/chaos_dwarf_warriors_2_1.jpg

    Fixed.

    FACT: Chaos Dwarves are the best Fantasy army.

    "So you guys want to join Chaos? Cool. Which Chaos god did you want to worship? Khorne? Slaanesh is a popular one, too..."

    "Nah, we're good; we brought our own."

    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Yeah, they could do something pretty cool with them. Like, hmm. How about a whole army that can cloak and is armed with plasma? That would be pretty cool.
    AKARHAJKHR:KLHARAJRHAJRH


    Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    AKARHAJKHR:KLHARAJRHAJRH


    Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

    Well, everyone keeps saying we need to use combined arms now and massing three different units even when you don't use platforms technically is combined arms.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    AKARHAJKHR:KLHARAJRHAJRH


    Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

    Well, everyone keeps saying we need to use combined arms now and massing three different units even when you don't use platforms technically is combined arms.
    CanisAquilus: the only thing I didnt build was platforms and spiders and shees (and wraithlords)

    He could have gotten a wraithlord, but Falcons are better! Also, he only didn't get half of the possible units because the other ones suck.

    Open and shut case. emotcolbertrd5.gif

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpindriftSpindrift Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

    I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

    You're right about Guardians not being Aspect Warriors. They're basically Eldar civilians doing military service. They don't follow the Path of the Warrior.

  • AkiraAkira Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Spindrift wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

    I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

    You're right about Guardians not being Aspect Warriors. They're basically Eldar civilians doing military service. They don't follow the Path of the Warrior.

    The Storm Guardians, the ones with melee weapons that aren't in DoW2, are retired Howling Banshees and Striking Scorpions (seriously).

    akira.gif
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    AKARHAJKHR:KLHARAJRHAJRH


    Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

    Well, everyone keeps saying we need to use combined arms now and massing three different units even when you don't use platforms technically is combined arms.
    CanisAquilus: the only thing I didnt build was platforms and spiders and shees (and wraithlords)

    He could have gotten a wraithlord, but Falcons are better! Also, he only didn't get half of the possible units because the other ones suck.

    Open and shut case. emotcolbertrd5.gif

    Well warpspiders arn't suited for fighting ranged units, falcons are better than wraithlords, and I didnt use plats because certain people were complaining for about 20 pages that plat spam was the only way to win with eldar. ;-)

  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    AKARHAJKHR:KLHARAJRHAJRH


    Anyway! Platforms suck because they're basically static emplacements that you hit X when something attacks them. Still, having half of our army be useful would be great!

    Well, everyone keeps saying we need to use combined arms now and massing three different units even when you don't use platforms technically is combined arms.
    CanisAquilus: the only thing I didnt build was platforms and spiders and shees (and wraithlords)

    He could have gotten a wraithlord, but Falcons are better! Also, he only didn't get half of the possible units because the other ones suck.

    Open and shut case. emotcolbertrd5.gif

    Well warpspiders arn't suited for fighting ranged units, falcons are better than wraithlords, and I didnt use plats because certain people were complaining for about 20 pages that plat spam was the only way to win with eldar. ;-)
    Yeah, our entire point is that Eldar units are bad. Warp spiders are also not that good against melee.:!!:

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think they work excelently against melee if you jump right.

    Banshees are unequivicobly terrible though.

  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Most of the races are like that.

    Who makes Rocketboys? Kommando Squads? Lootas?

  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think they work excelently against melee if you jump right.

    Banshees are unequivicobly terrible though.

    Are they? Kinder told me that banshees make excellent defensive melee!

    I guess they're defensive because they can barely beat guardians now.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well I could be wrong. I don't really know what defensive melee means, but they seem like a pretty poor investment to me.

    As Doe pointed out though, they're hardly the only unit with that characteristic.

  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't get to play at all today or yesterday. Stupid painting of my actual marines.

  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My god Plasma Squads do so much damage. Good thing they fire perhaps once a millennium. You probably could undeploy and redeploy between shots.

    I'm a little uncertain of how, exactly, SM deal with Tyranids now. But then, I found out I kinda suck with Sm tonight.

    Minerva_SC wrote:
    I don't think I've ever raged as hard as I just did. The amount of stupidity was so intense I couldn't eben think of words venomous enough to insult my team mates. I was literally choking on my own rage. I can only hope they all live in the same city and die in a tragic bus accident today, or tommorow. I'll pray to whatever dark god I have to.

    ah yes another night of LoL.
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sepah wrote: »
    My god Plasma Squads do so much damage. Good thing they fire perhaps once a millennium. You probably could undeploy and redeploy between shots.

    I'm a little uncertain of how, exactly, SM deal with Tyranids now. But then, I found out I kinda suck with Sm tonight.

    Good use of suppression. Plasma cannons. Basically the same way everyone else does. Plus plasma cannons.

    Razorbacks and assault cannon dreads tear through them too.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Sepah wrote: »
    My god Plasma Squads do so much damage. Good thing they fire perhaps once a millennium. You probably could undeploy and redeploy between shots.

    I'm a little uncertain of how, exactly, SM deal with Tyranids now. But then, I found out I kinda suck with Sm tonight.

    I have had good luck against Nids with flamers. Well, not so much good luck as it wasn't super horrible. Well placed dev suppression and then using the tracker ability is good too. But that works against everything.

    ken2.png
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

    I had never heard of these guys so I checked up out on the GW site and ehh. Not that I even play TT or as if DOW2 would require a lot of units, but it seems like they've got little unit variety.

    They'd definitely make a very weird and unique army though with troops from all the different gods. It could be very cool if there are enough units out there. It'd be awesome to be able to choose b/w chaos undivided/khorne/nurgle/tzeentch/slaneesh. Maybe as 5 different armies or maybe as a doctrinal choice that also affect unit mix? Could Chaos get 5 heroes? I don't know I like the idea of being able to choose pure armies as well as chaos undivided, but its likely infeasible.

    man now I'm really jazzed about Chaos being in the game eventually :D
    Pancake wrote: »
    Akira wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

    Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

    Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

    Yeah, they could do something pretty cool with them. Like, hmm. How about a whole army that can cloak and is armed with plasma? That would be pretty cool.

    is this what they do in TT? <img class=" title=":lol:" class="bbcode_smiley" /> how is that at all fair? o_O hilarious, but only because it sounds so broken

  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Sepah wrote: »
    My god Plasma Squads do so much damage. Good thing they fire perhaps once a millennium. You probably could undeploy and redeploy between shots.

    I'm a little uncertain of how, exactly, SM deal with Tyranids now. But then, I found out I kinda suck with Sm tonight.

    Good use of suppression. Plasma cannons. Basically the same way everyone else does. Plus plasma cannons.

    Razorbacks and assault cannon dreads tear through them too.

    I would avoid relying too much on vehicles against Tyranid, they can tear them apart from range.

  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Little... little unit variety? Are you crazy? They've got a million different units.

  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2009
    I think they work excelently against melee if you jump right.
    Yeah. No. :winky:

    You fire, they get into range, jump, they get into range, you flee or die.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    I think they work excelently against melee if you jump right.
    Yeah. No. :winky:

    You fire, they get into range, jump, they get into range, you flee or die.

    You're jumping wrong. Jump further away. (Although I suppose it depends on the unit you're facing but I've had a lot of success against orks with them.)

  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    uhhh... alpha lictor is broken now. He can't attack buildings anymore, if you tell him to he'll turn to face the garrisoned building then just sit there....and die. also won't flee some times...just sit there with the exclamation mark....and then die....

    steam_sig.png

    I'm willing to trade my Bill's Hat! Message me on steam!
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shade wrote: »
    uhhh... alpha lictor is broken now. He can't attack buildings anymore, if you tell him to he'll turn to face the garrisoned building then just sit there....and die. also won't flee some times...just sit there with the exclamation mark....and then die....

    It's okay, you have the ravener now. Ellipsis.

    wAgWt.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.