Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Madworld! NSF56k! NSF momma's boys!

1356715

Posts

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Presumably I was being silly. Just like this game, which has toilet fatalities.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow YRP...in position It's showtime, girls.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I was about to say. I love classic B&W. I turn on the B&W filter sometimes when I play Uncharted. I would love for a new game to be made completely in classic B&W.

    kTNzrVi.png?2
    Disasterrific! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    toilet fatalities, you say

    sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    toilet fatalities, you say

    Indeed, I say.

    madworld-20090209025342576-000.jpg

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Y'know it is slightly more difficult to tell what is going on than in an otherwise normal game, but to see it functioning as well as it does, you know they put some serious effort into that.

    Like there has to be enough white on a character to make them stand out against that black, and they have to be strategically placed. Notice that on Jack, you'll see a nearly complete outline on a black or white background. Some objects are specifically more white or more black to set them off and make them noticeable.

    It's this sort of thing, when you're using less colors:

    58837289aq7.png

    You still have to keep shapes recognizable.

    3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Also, what idiot thought this was inpired by Gears of War? Go and watch Evil Dead 2.

    Pretty excited for this game, by the way.

    Hope it's as fluid and stylish as it looks.

    PSN: corporateshill
  • JJJJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    This game has caught my attention since day one purely because of the talent beind it.

    Also, what idiot thought this was inpired by Gears of War? Go and watch Evil Dead 2.

    GoW invented chainsaws hurf durf. Anyway, where did you read that?

    Mr. Banballow was so badly maimed, he turned into a hideous monster, oozing and bleeding, snarling and growling like a beast---enraged and bent on revenge. He tracked down the kids responsible for the fire and killed them one by one----with a blowtorch. That wasn't enough for Banballow. He won't leave his inn or his memories, so there he waits....in ambush....
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JJ wrote: »
    Xagarath wrote: »
    This game has caught my attention since day one purely because of the talent beind it.

    Also, what idiot thought this was inpired by Gears of War? Go and watch Evil Dead 2.

    GoW invented chainsaws hurf durf. Anyway, where did you read that?

    Page 1 of this thread?

  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I never gave, received, or even witnessed a swirlee when I was growing up. I think being able to swirlee someone in a video game so hard that they die might make up for it in some small way.

  • JJJJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well I'll be damned.

    For shame, Endomatic.

    For shame!

    Mr. Banballow was so badly maimed, he turned into a hideous monster, oozing and bleeding, snarling and growling like a beast---enraged and bent on revenge. He tracked down the kids responsible for the fire and killed them one by one----with a blowtorch. That wasn't enough for Banballow. He won't leave his inn or his memories, so there he waits....in ambush....
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So does "Also look for MADWORLD, coming soon; both games exclusive for Wii" being tacked on to the end of another game's commercial (HOTD?) count as promoting this game? Because I hope we see something a bit more substantive once we get a little closer to ship date...

  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    JJ wrote: »
    Xagarath wrote: »
    This game has caught my attention since day one purely because of the talent beind it.

    Also, what idiot thought this was inpired by Gears of War? Go and watch Evil Dead 2.

    GoW invented chainsaws hurf durf. Anyway, where did you read that?

    Page 1 of this thread?

    Wait, what? I figured everyone would get the obvious Evil Dead 2 nod right away. I mean, it's over the top, doesn't take itself seriously, and is highly stylized, toss a chainsaw on the main character's arm and give him some silly one liners, and you've got Evil Dead 2 in a nutshell.

    For shame people... And you consider yourself nerds.

    Disclaimer: If you do not consider yourself a nerd, I apologize if I offended you. However, one must take into consideration that they are posting on Penny-Arcade's game forums on the internet about a video game that lends itself to a cult following. Nerd.

    IHZR47b.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    So does "Also look for MADWORLD, coming soon; both games exclusive for Wii" being tacked on to the end of another game's commercial (HOTD?) count as promoting this game? Because I hope we see something a bit more substantive once we get a little closer to ship date...

    Hang on, was that a TV ad? Is Sega actually promoting things now?

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    So does "Also look for MADWORLD, coming soon; both games exclusive for Wii" being tacked on to the end of another game's commercial (HOTD?) count as promoting this game? Because I hope we see something a bit more substantive once we get a little closer to ship date...

    Hang on, was that a TV ad? Is Sega actually promoting things now?

    Yeah, I caught it a couple times while watching RAW last night.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    So does "Also look for MADWORLD, coming soon; both games exclusive for Wii" being tacked on to the end of another game's commercial (HOTD?) count as promoting this game? Because I hope we see something a bit more substantive once we get a little closer to ship date...

    Hang on, was that a TV ad? Is Sega actually promoting things now?

    Yeah, I caught it a couple times while watching RAW last night.

    Well, holy shit. I thought Sega would do what they always do, and not spend a lick of ad money on this. Wow.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Also, what idiot thought this was inpired by Gears of War? Go and watch Evil Dead 2.

    Well, DiMaggio was the voice of Markus. :) It would be neat if he made some comments about using the chainsaw.

    steam_sig.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    So does "Also look for MADWORLD, coming soon; both games exclusive for Wii" being tacked on to the end of another game's commercial (HOTD?) count as promoting this game? Because I hope we see something a bit more substantive once we get a little closer to ship date...

    Hang on, was that a TV ad? Is Sega actually promoting things now?

    Yeah, I caught it a couple times while watching RAW last night.

    Well, holy shit. I thought Sega would do what they always do, and not spend a lick of ad money on this. Wow.

    For some reason I completely blanked everytime the Sega logo came up in the trailers I watched.

    Sega picking up these guys was the smartest thing they've done in a long time.

    My Dark Souls 2 Diary
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As we've played through MadWorld, we've found ourselves continually surprised by the storyline, which is more layered and complex than we had suspected it might be. And according to Nishikawa, there are more twists to come.

    The Storyline

    The game apparently has a story! Kind of surprising. I would have perfectly OK with a storyline of "badass dude kills everyone."

    Also, blurbs about the chain saw arm, bat and really big really sharp knives.

    Is anyone else really disappointed with IGN's "Madworld Month"? One or two new things a week is not much different than what every other game gets already.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Genji GlovesGenji Gloves ClubPA
    edited February 2009
    I am filled with intense amounts of woe and despair over the fact that I will be more than likely unable to snatch this game up on launch day.

    I need something else to slide into my Wii.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I need something else to slide into my Wii.

    I think you might need to have a rather long, uncomfortable talk with your parents.

    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Genji GlovesGenji Gloves ClubPA
    edited February 2009
    I need something else to slide into my Wii.

    I think you might need to have a rather long, uncomfortable talk with your parents.

    That double entendre was as uncomfortable to formulate as it was to type and summarily post.

    EDIT: Uncomfortable? It felt good. SCARY good.

    EDIT AGAIN: I had that talk with my parents when I was 10 years old, and they were the ones listening. I was adopted.
    Spoiler:

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45669.html

    Producer interview from NYCC. I don't remember seeing it before.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So you Europe people will be able to experience this trichromatic world March 20. Us Ameridudes get it March 10.

    Also, IGN posted an interview with Proops and DiMaggio on their commentary. Yes, they ad-libbed all over the place, and yes, they were as filthy as possible.
    John: I think lewd is an understatement. We were filthy, and it was hilarious. There's something to be said about being able to go that far to get laughs. There was alot of ad-libbing, and the thing that stands out in my mind the most was the musical callback of "I Blame Our Schools!", sung to the tune of a trombone's rimshot. Ridiculous.

    http://wii.ign.com/articles/955/955285p1.html

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i'm surprised by how quickly game has come upon us. Less than a month to go, right? *crosses fingers*

  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guek wrote: »
    i'm surprised by how quickly game has come upon us. Less than a month to go, right? *crosses fingers*

    FYI, official US release date is 10th of March.

    Hypnotically inclined.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    holy shit splitscreen!

    Check out IGN's Madworld page. There have been several updates over the last day or two. There is a montage video showing some of the fatalities/finishers. Man, they are ultraviolent!

    The commentary is absolutely filthy! I can't believe a game this violent and foul-mouthed is actually coming out.

    The hip-hop sound track seems really terrible though.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Platinum Games Blog informs that the music is all original, and will be available to purchase separately or something as a preorder bonus in the UK and Australia.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    splitscreen?!

    that's above and beyond what we ever expected

  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Who is "we" and what expectations did they have?

    You would think Platinum Games would advertise the fact that there game has multiplayer. Multiplayer is a big deal with games and always has been, especially console games. Instead, we see like 12 seconds of it on a video that only IGN gets. Seems strange. Not only that, but IGN hasn't mentioned it at all. I wonder if it is very limited multi or if it has serious problems.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • agoajagoaj Avatar avatar avatar HD Avatar of the Year EditionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's just the minigames like man-darts that have multiplayer.

    5cCIDR0.png
  • ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Who is "we" and what expectations did they have?

    You would think Platinum Games would advertise the fact that there game has multiplayer. Multiplayer is a big deal with games and always has been, especially console games. Instead, we see like 12 seconds of it on a video that only IGN gets. Seems strange. Not only that, but IGN hasn't mentioned it at all. I wonder if it is very limited multi or if it has serious problems.

    Sega's been playing the advertising for this pretty strangely, but effectively. They have commercials ready to go, they're sending employee kits to a lot of stores that emphasize the game, they're plastering ads in magazines (and not just gaming ones), and releasing information bit by bit. No, they're not doing one minute superbowl commercials talking about split-screen, but that doesn't mean it's shit. IGN has been gagged from mentioning certain things until Sega lets them, for that matter.

    The fact of the matter is, the type of people that would buy the game because of split-screen were the same type of people that would buy the game, anyway.

    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Do you work for Sega or something?

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Do you work for Sega or something?

    If I said yes, do you think that would make you less paranoid

    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm just curious how two forumers have insider info.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • JJJJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Madworld I think I love you.

    Edit: I really like the soundtrack of the game. I don't normally like hip hop but I don't know, I really like what I've heard so far.

    Mr. Banballow was so badly maimed, he turned into a hideous monster, oozing and bleeding, snarling and growling like a beast---enraged and bent on revenge. He tracked down the kids responsible for the fire and killed them one by one----with a blowtorch. That wasn't enough for Banballow. He won't leave his inn or his memories, so there he waits....in ambush....
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JJ wrote: »
    Madworld I think I love you.

    Edit: I really like the soundtrack of the game. I don't normally like hip hop but I don't know, I really like what I've heard so far.

    I am "meh" on the sound track so far. It sounds like generic tough guy gangsta rap garbage to me. The commentary though, man does it sound golden.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45799.html
    (completely nsfw)

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    http://www.amazon.com/MadWorld-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0019SY1D4
    Amazon has the game available for preorder at 40 bucks.

  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/MadWorld-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0019SY1D4
    Amazon has the game available for preorder at 40 bucks.

    Sweet. I wonder how quickly it would be in my hands if I pre-ordered. 10 dollars off is awfully tempting, especially with free shipping.

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/MadWorld-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0019SY1D4
    Amazon has the game available for preorder at 40 bucks.
    Thanks for the link; I just too that order.

    Can't wait.:)

    rvcontre78 wrote:
    This game is all about the racism. I hate to think about all the backlash that will be involved but the truth must be told. The truth about a man who kills people by dropping them from his crane. Political correctness be damned. Damned to the max.
  • RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll wait and see the reviews for this one.

    But damn is it looking fine.

Sign In or Register to comment.