As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]Ball II: Chat Harder

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dat nap was powerful

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    I only made one post in the horrible stuff thread and someone commented saying it was a little unreasonable but not horrible at all.

So I guess I'm not bad to the bone.

Organichu on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    1041 ought to deny public funds to anything that attempts to confirm the existence of a supreme ruler of the universe

basically when any textbook gets to the subject of religion there will be a page with the words

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS?

on it

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gooey wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that idea for a transatlantic train? That would have been so cool.

Airplanes. Also, terrorism lol.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Guys can someone link me to a large version of the smiley with the feminine looking rolling eyes?

Organichu on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I only made one post in the horrible stuff thread and someone commented saying it was a little unreasonable but not horrible at all.

I made one post in that thread (about something I'd actually done) and nobody commented on it, so I feel okay.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Large text is large.

In a very general sense, If I say "I think (A). You disagree, right?" and the other person says "stop strawmanning," am I right to think they don't disagree with A? And would I be right to call foul if they later claim they've disagreed with A all along?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Ehh, the thread was going pretty well until posts about rape and cocaine-fueled trains started getting responded to with "O FUCK TEACH ME BRO"

TL DR on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whatever happened to that idea for a transatlantic train? That would have been so cool.

Actually, this thing was supposed to be faster than a plane. NY to London in a ridiculous amount of time. Basically it was an underwater suspended tube that was a vacuum and a maglev train would run through it. Without air resistance it could do mach or something like that.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    one time, when i was around 10, i took a wasp that was the last straggler of a band of them (that had harassed me and one of them stung me) and i was so enraged that i captured the fucker under a glass. he was buzzing around the top of the clear glass so I could see him.

so i did the sickest fucking thing I could think of because i hated him so much

i lit a match and put it at the bottom of the glass and put it back on the table.

the match burned up all the oxygen and went out.

the wasp started struggling and fell to the bottom and started suffocating and twitching.

i watched him die and laughed.

it took a long time.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Ehh, the thread was going pretty well until posts about rape and cocaine-fueled trains started getting responded to with "O FUCK TEACH ME BRO"

Seriously you're not living that one down, DarkWarrior. I will find you in the darkness and I will just slap you silly.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I remember the thread containing plenty of depraved shit way before that.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

On some level, I'm kind of glad to find out that DarkWarrior's prickery isn't just limited to rants about how Dark Knight is the best movie ever.

Oh, also I've been invited to an industry Oscar party. Dude sweet.

I hope Keira Knightley will be there. I would very much like to engage in ritualized courtship with her.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ahaha, I actually just now checked up on the Horrible Things thread, which I haven't looked at since yesterday.

I'm almost sad it got locked, because until Modern Man and the mysoginistic bro squad showed up it was pretty decent. It definitely fell into an irrecoverable state after that, though.

But the fact that Modern Man and DarkWarrior got 3 point infractions for their glorifying of rape made my fucking day.

I love you ElJeffe, now and forever!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    one time, when i was around 10, i took a wasp that was the last straggler of a band of them (that had harassed me and one of them stung me) and i was so enraged that i captured the fucker under a glass. he was buzzing around the top of the clear glass so I could see him.

so i did the sickest fucking thing I could think of because i hated him so much

i lit a match and put it at the bottom of the glass and put it back on the table.

the match burned up all the oxygen and went out.

the wasp started struggling and fell to the bottom and started suffocating and twitching.

i watched him die and laughed.

it took a long time.
    Dude, wasps are fucking assholes. Don't feel bad about that shit.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

On some level, I'm kind of glad to find out that DarkWarrior's prickery isn't just limited to rants about how Dark Knight is the best movie ever.

I hope Keira Knightley will be there. I would very much like to engage in ritualized courtship with her.

He went on my ignore list after that the Oscar thread, and stayed there. Good luck with she-who-has-no-boobs.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Actually, this thing was supposed to be faster than a plane. NY to London in a ridiculous amount of time. Basically it was an underwater suspended tube that was a vacuum and a maglev train would run through it. Without air resistance it could do mach or something like that.

It would be difficult to build, it would be very expensive, and there would be concerns as to how you would respond to an emergency inside of such a long tunnel.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Ahaha, I actually just now checked up on the Horrible Things thread, which I haven't looked at since yesterday.

I'm almost sad it got locked, because until Modern Man and the mysoginistic bro squad showed up it was pretty decent. It definitely fell into an irrecoverable state after that, though.

But the fact that Modern Man and DarkWarrior got 3 point infractions for their glorifying of rape made my fucking day.

I love you ElJeffe, now and forever!
    He really needs to put that in the Infraction Thread so people know what terrible people those guys are.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Guys can someone link me to a large version of the smiley with the feminine looking rolling eyes?

First one to do this gets to use me as a semen receptacle.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

He went on my ignore list after that the Oscar thread, and stayed there. Good luck with she-who-has-no-boobs.
    Yeah, my attraction to her is kind of odd, given how much I love the boobs, but eh.

I think it's the British accent. Also her face.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah DW is a Dark Knight fanboy AND idolizes assholes who are friends with even bigger assholes?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I will be so jealous.

LaOs on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bones never fails to impress, fricking great show. Just gets better and better, FOX should take it on for another five seasons.......... :P

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Scarlet Johansson and Maria Bello both give me anime esque nosebleeds.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    vh why you gotta reinforce the stereotype of all L.A.-ers being all chillin with movie stars n shit

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'll be honest, the chances of me running into Keira Knightley are slim.

However, the Black Eyed Peas are going to be playing the party, so you know it's legit. There are definitely going to be some celebs there.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    vh why you gotta reinforce the stereotype of all L.A.-ers being all chillin with movie stars n shit

Because we do? George Clooney was at my place yesterday, we played some Guilty Gear, it was cool.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I might get to go ot the Slumdog Millionaire party for the oscars

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Bring me as your date, so that I can get my face and name into the heads of some people at AOL Time Warner for when I'm sending resumés around.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh my fucking Godddddd, I'm only on page two, I'm already unlocking my car.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll be honest, the chances of me running into Keira Knightley are slim.

However, the Black Eyed Peas are going to be playing the party, so you know it's legit. There are definitely going to be some celebs there.

I'm still jealous, but may not top out on the metre then.

Still, have fun!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Bring me as your date, so that I can get my face and name into the heads of some people at AOL Time Warner for when I'm sending resumés around.
    I'm already going as my friend's +1. His wife is working the party, so he got to bring an extra person, which is me, because he's awesome. Otherwise, I would have charged you two blowjobs and a reacharound and totally have taken you.

It's kind of funny when I think about it, the degrees of separation between me and the people who actually have access to this party. Basically, my friend's wife's brother is one of the big shots at the producing company who did a popular movie. This is so stereotypically Hollywood.

Edit: got rid of the movie name on the off-off-off-chance it could ever get back to me.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    "In the elf condom". Wait a minute, that's an anagram for "Find the monocle". My selective dyslexia disoreder finally pays off!

If it makes you feel any better, I just today realized why the RHCP song was named Emit Remmus.

I don't get it.

Tav on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Because we do? George Clooney was at my place yesterday, we played some Guilty Gear, it was cool.

I always send him over to you after I'm done with him because the clingy fucker always wants cuddles, and I'm like "no time, bitch, Jude Law is on his way over and he's the jealous type."

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i will give you the sloppiest blowjob if i can come too

the sloppiest blowjob

MikeMan on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I enjoy the heck out of Angelus Goes to Washington

I mean Bones

Ludious on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    "In the elf condom". Wait a minute, that's an anagram for "Find the monocle". My selective dyslexia disoreder finally pays off!

If it makes you feel any better, I just today realized why the RHCP song was named Emit Remmus.

I don't get it.

(read it backwards)

japan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i will give you the sloppiest blowjob if i can come too

the sloppiest blowjob
    Hakks will murder you if we went and she didn't

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I actually don't want to do Hollywood, it's just that the same parent-companies who do Hollywood also do television.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I always send him over to you after I'm done with him because the clingy fucker always wants cuddles, and I'm like "no time, bitch, Jude Law is on his way over and he's the jealous type."

pft just let them go DP

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.