As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oh [chat], he's Queen for a day

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pizza is not slop.

Sarksus on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pizza, Soda, and Ice Cream are some of my favorite weight loss foods.

Incenjucar on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    On the 7th day, God created pizza.

Then that greedy bastard ate it all by himself.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited February 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    On the 7th day, God created pizza.

Then that greedy bastard ate it all by himself.

Little did God know that when Adam and Eve ate the apple they learned how to make pizza, so when he banished them to the earth they brought his sacred recipe with them and mankind learned the taste of the divine meal.

Sarksus on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

How does that work?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If you eat enough of them you become a ginormous fatass who is entirely immobile and loses weight through muscle atrophy.

Duffel on
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »

How does that work?

I would generally only eat 500-600 calories before I got home, and would then eat 800 calories of pizza and a 200 calorie ice cream bar.

Also walking for an hour every night helped.

Incenjucar on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »

How does that work?

He mixes them all together in a blender and eats it with a spoon, the girl thinks he's gross and leaves, he loses 120 pounds

Senjutsu on
    edited February 2009
    I would generally only eat 500-600 calories before I got home, and would then eat 800 calories of pizza and a 200 calorie ice cream bar.

You were being serious?

Duffel on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Pizza is not slop.

It is delicious slop.

Organichu on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    walking for an hour at night would help even without the pizza and ice cream.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Pizza is not slop.

It is delicious slop.

You're slop.

Sarksus on
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »

You were being serious?

Yes.

I lost hella weight that way.

People need to stop being surprised about me. I'm fucking magic.

Incenjucar on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I need to gain hella weight.

Greeper on
    edited February 2009
    Yes.

Wouldn't you have lost hella more if you hadn't been eating foods made of pure death?

Duffel on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    NERF guns come with limited ammo and limited range. You need to get within 30 feet to have a good chance of hitting your target, and if you miss with two or three rounds you're probably going to get plugged. It's a lot more dodge/parry, as opposed to hiding behind terrain and running like hell from safe spot to safe spot. You have to be careful with your shots and make sure you don't get caught reloading. Plus different "guns" offer different tactical advantages, as opposed to everybody having the same weapon.

All these things are things I like.

Plus, remember, I'm pretty and fragile. Paintballs don't like me very much.

There is actually plenty of dodging in paintball. Snap shooting is a pretty huge skill and pretty much consists entirely of quickly popping out, shooting once or twice and tucking back in. It's often the deciding factor in matches where positions get locked down.

I wouldn't say that paintball is hiding and running from safe spot to safe spot. If you are hiding you aren't really contributing to your team, your not giving cover to your team mates or having eyes on the field. You generally don't run to safe spots, you try to find openings to advance aggressively up the field to get angle shots on your opponents.

Getting caught reloading is an issue in paintball too. :P The gun thing I will concede.

I'm not trying to argue that paintball is better or anything, I think they are different, but I think your claims that nerf requires more athleticism and accuracy is erroneous in nature. I think both games reward you quite a lot for having both of those abilities.

Put it this way: NERF requires different kinds of skill, both in terms of athleticism and accuracy, than does paintball, although the NERF community itself is full of megadicks who I wouldn't be caught dead with. I don't/wouldn't play with anyone who was just running around like a dipshit on their own without using strategy and teamwork, or who modded their gun to the point where you might as well be chucking lawn darts.

It requires you to be quick and clever, since you can see shots in the air and actually dodge them if you're good/careful. It requires careful aim, not just in terms of where you point, but when you fire and how you coordinate that with your teammates and manage your ammunition. I can track a moving target at 30 feet with my Vulcan, which has a 25-round belt and fires three darts per second. But if you're smart, and fast, I'm not going to hit you unaided unless I'm really careful. What I can do is point my gun at you and dodge your shots and let my friend with a Recon flank you and nail you without me having to fire a single round.

What makes NERF so much more appealing, to me, is the fact that you do have to get close and you can't trust your weapon to be perfectly accurate. And your choice of weapon itself becomes an important strategic decision, which is just awesome. You can run around with twin Mavericks and think you look all badass, but that means you get two shots and zero free hands to ready a third round. I actually like my Recon better than my Vulcan, because it's more flexible. But if I don't use it then you can be sure I want my teammate to take it, because it's an important defensive asset. You can quite literally create a little machine gun nest with it, with one person loading/feeding the belt and one person firing. And how would I take that out? With my "grenades" (mini-NERF footballs) of course, because I can lob them at a high arc and throwing two or three in quick succession makes everybody scatter.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
    edited February 2009
    Pizza is not slop.

It is delicious slop.

You're slop.

I'm definitely a sloppy drunk.

Organichu on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gah, my throat still hurts.

Gim on
    edited February 2009
    Yes.

Would you have lost hella more if you hadn't been eating foods made of pure death?

I did eat other foods. Mostly various heavy pasta dishes. Veggie lasagna when I felt like I needed a vitamin or two. But no, I wouldn't have. Weight is lost by reducing calories. Doesn't matter if the food is crap or the food is super healthy.

Incenjucar on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Organichu, you should threaten to beat them up

Next time, leave a sticky note on your food. It should read something like: "This is my food. Do not eat it unless you wish to have a knuckle sandwich on the side."

It wouldn't hurt to include an artistic rendering of your beefy arms, either

Nerdgasmic on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And now for something completely different.

hello-kitty-domokitty.jpg

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You were being serious?

Yes.

I think I'm the only person to have lost weight during my freshman year, rather than gain the proverbial 20#. And I didn't do shit to lose weight.

moniker on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There are paintball tanks, aren't there.

I dunno, but NERF has swords now.

I want them.

Badly.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
    edited February 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Next time, leave a sticky note on your food. It should read something like: "This is my food. Do not eat it unless you wish to have a knuckle sandwich on the side."

My arms aren't so beefy. Would it be acceptable- would you be upset is what I'm asking, I guess- if I were to implement this plan but draw your beefy arms, instead?

Organichu on
    edited February 2009
    I'm a little surprised that it took so long to come full circle on that.

Gim on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    There are paintball tanks, aren't there.

I dunno, but NERF has swords now.

I want them.

Badly.

Wouldn't they just be funoodles with handles?

_J_ on
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    I think I'm the only person to have lost weight during my freshman year, rather than gain the proverbial 20#. And I didn't do shit to lose weight.

I only lost weight after I started paying for my own food, and was in a situation to not have anyone else offer me food.

I pretty much take offers of food from other people as a threat and react accordingly.

Incenjucar on
    edited February 2009
    My arms aren't so beefy. Would it be acceptable- would you be upset is what I'm asking, I guess- if I were to implement this plan but draw your beefy arms, instead?

Didn't you just say a few pages ago your family was really into martial arts instructions?

Maybe you should draw a few diagrams.

Duffel on
    edited February 2009
    Didn't you just say a few pages ago your family was really into martial arts instructions?

My Israeli family. My American family is full of out of shape, pansy ass bad Catholics. :P

Organichu on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    NERF guns come with limited ammo and limited range. You need to get within 30 feet to have a good chance of hitting your target, and if you miss with two or three rounds you're probably going to get plugged. It's a lot more dodge/parry, as opposed to hiding behind terrain and running like hell from safe spot to safe spot. You have to be careful with your shots and make sure you don't get caught reloading. Plus different "guns" offer different tactical advantages, as opposed to everybody having the same weapon.

All these things are things I like.

Plus, remember, I'm pretty and fragile. Paintballs don't like me very much.

There is actually plenty of dodging in paintball. Snap shooting is a pretty huge skill and pretty much consists entirely of quickly popping out, shooting once or twice and tucking back in. It's often the deciding factor in matches where positions get locked down.

I wouldn't say that paintball is hiding and running from safe spot to safe spot. If you are hiding you aren't really contributing to your team, your not giving cover to your team mates or having eyes on the field. You generally don't run to safe spots, you try to find openings to advance aggressively up the field to get angle shots on your opponents.

Getting caught reloading is an issue in paintball too. :P The gun thing I will concede.

I'm not trying to argue that paintball is better or anything, I think they are different, but I think your claims that nerf requires more athleticism and accuracy is erroneous in nature. I think both games reward you quite a lot for having both of those abilities.

Put it this way: NERF requires different kinds of skill, both in terms of athleticism and accuracy, than does paintball, although the NERF community itself is full of megadicks who I wouldn't be caught dead with. I don't/wouldn't play with anyone who was just running around like a dipshit on their own without using strategy and teamwork, or who modded their gun to the point where you might as well be chucking lawn darts.

It requires you to be quick and clever, since you can see shots in the air and actually dodge them if you're good/careful. It requires careful aim, not just in terms of where you point, but when you fire and how you coordinate that with your teammates and manage your ammunition. I can track a moving target at 30 feet with my Vulcan, which has a 25-round belt and fires three darts per second. But if you're smart, and fast, I'm not going to hit you unaided unless I'm really careful. What I can do is point my gun at you and dodge your shots and let my friend with a Recon flank you and nail you without me having to fire a single round.

What makes NERF so much more appealing, to me, is the fact that you do have to get close and you can't trust your weapon to be perfectly accurate. And your choice of weapon itself becomes an important strategic decision, which is just awesome. You can run around with twin Mavericks and think you look all badass, but that means you get two shots and zero free hands to ready a third round. I actually like my Recon better than my Vulcan, because it's more flexible. But if I don't use it then you can be sure I want my teammate to take it, because it's an important defensive asset. You can quite literally create a little machine gun nest with it, with one person loading/feeding the belt and one person firing. And how would I take that out? With my "grenades" (mini-NERF footballs) of course, because I can lob them at a high arc and throwing two or three in quick succession makes everybody scatter.

:o You play stock too?

Awesome on a possum.

yalborap on
    edited February 2009

My arms are only beefy in a "meat-cow" kind of way.

Well, surely you have rockin' legs, right?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited February 2009
    My Israeli family. My American family is full of out of shape, pansy ass bad Catholics. :P
    Well, I assumed that you picked up a few moves at least, coming from that environment.

Duffel on
    edited February 2009

You have two families?

_J_ on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm both out of shape and thin. Must get back into lifting.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited February 2009
    OremLK wrote: »

Why?

_J_ on
    edited February 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Why?
    Because it's good to be healthy?

Duffel on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

There are other kinds of Catholics? I mean, I'm not obese but I'm definitely not in shape.

moniker on
    edited February 2009

Why?

Because, if he doesn't lift, he don't get to lift, if you know what I'm sayin'.

And you know what I'm sayin'.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited February 2009

Why?

Because, if he doesn't lift, he don't get to lift, if you know what I'm sayin'.

And you know what I'm sayin'.

He...doesn't get to ride the English elevators?

Gim on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, lifting weights is pretty fun, after the first few times where it hurts like hell afterward.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
This discussion has been closed.