As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Just wondering.

M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
I've noticed in my days of foruming alot of people (not at once, but throughout the course) have complained about not being able to study/function in real life. I was wondering if we could impose a 3 day temp ban on anyone who complains about wasting time on the forums when they should be working on a final.

Not because I want to help anyone, it's because I hate humanity and bitching.

"We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
M2tM on

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    Temp bans are a pain for the mods because they have to remember to unban them

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    If anyone wants a temp ban they can email penny-arcade@alphamonkey.net and I will temp ban them and leave them banned until they email me again. Note : for this to work, you must email me from the adderss you registered from.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    If anyone wants a temp ban they can email penny-arcade@alphamonkey.net and I will temp ban them and leave them banned until they email me again. Note : for this to work, you must email me from the adderss you registered from.

Script an auto-ban / unban thing for that email address

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    Orthanc wrote:

While it wouldnt be too hard to do, I refuse to do any automatic banning systems especially over something as trivial as email. Any clown could spoof an email and ban people at their discretion :wink:
    If it gets to become an issuse I will start looking for alternatives....

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    Orthanc wrote:

While it wouldnt be too hard to do, I refuse to do any automatic banning systems especially over something as trivial as email. Any clown could spoof an email and ban people at their discretion :wink:

Needless to say I wasn't serious, but I hope you are checking the headers of those emails to prevent that problem.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    Orthanc wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

Needless to say I wasn't serious, but I hope you are checking the headers of those emails to prevent that problem.
    I figured as much. Seemed like to trivial of a mistake for you to make. Meh. Anyways, yeah, I will be checking the headers and replying to the email confirming the fact that I just banned them. If they send back an oh noes email then I will start doing some searches on IPs....

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2003
    If you can't leave the forums for 3 days to get some work done you should probably be perma-banned....this coming from the man who hasn't gone a day without posting since he joined.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited December 2003
    Orthanc wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

I figured as much. Seemed like to trivial of a mistake for you to make. Meh. Anyways, yeah, I will be checking the headers and replying to the email confirming the fact that I just banned them. If they send back an oh noes email then I will start doing some searches on IPs....

Now that is an easy to automate process.

Orthanc on
    orthanc